• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

zlatko

Banned
Sorry bro.

I'm currently mid-silver in NA.

<3 It's okay. Someday soon, when HotS hits you will become a based gold leaguer all on your own. I have faith. ;)

As for people's lists going on for GOTY 2011 mine was:

The Witcher 2
Skyrim
Dark Souls

Those are the 3 I remember, you'd have to hunt it down to get the full top 10. I know UMvC3 is in there, Batman Arkham City made the cut I'm sure, Uncharted 3, Gears of War 3, and a few others.

As far as downloadable games go it was Bastion that was the best for me. Can't think of a better downloadable title for my tastes than that. Everyone should pick it up if they get the chance.

Best soundtrack I heard this year went to Frozen Synapse. <3

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
<3 It's okay. Someday soon, when HotS hits you will become a based gold leaguer all on your own. I have faith. ;)
Shredder. Believe.

Some people already know what I thought of the 2011 gaming year... my top 3 games 2011:

Dark Souls (5/10)
Mass Effect 2, PS3 (7/10)
Skyward Sword (8/10)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
In no particular order.

Skyrim
Bastion
Witcher 2

...Uhhhhh

Battlefield 3, I guess.

J2d

I got promoted to platinum in 4v4 random, which although meaningless, I somehow feel is a sign of some growth on my part. One of these days I will muster up some courage and beat the shit out of my 1v1 silver league division. This seasons placement match was pretty damn easy but the early days of my SC2 career has scared me so I'm reluctant to go back to 1v1 =/

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Own3d's stream is really pissing me off, it keeps randomly muting and unmuting itself =|. Surely this can't be difficult to fix?

WedgeX

Banned
You will come on Wednesdays for Gaf Night and you will like it. You fuck.

clapping.gif

I got promoted to platinum in 4v4 random, which although meaningless, I somehow feel is a sign of some growth on my part. One of these days I will muster up some courage and beat the shit out of my 1v1 silver league division. This seasons placement match was pretty damn easy but the early days of my SC2 career has scared me so I'm reluctant to go back to 1v1 =/

Only way to deal with it is to just jump right in there. Don't worry about winning or losing because unless you're a pro or just an incredibly bad player you're probably going to win around 50% of your games.

Maybe you should just play a few gaffers 1v1 to just get you started without the anxiety of having to ladder.

VASPER

Banned

C'mon now 1v1 is where you gain the most strength in SC2, i was in a similar boat until i got hooked on 1v1's now I'm much much better.

jasonng

lOAXv.png

Corran, I've already started drinking. My choice of poison is a good old fashion six pack of Coronas. This week is one of the few rare weeks where we have a lot of free time thanks to students and their winter break. So I highly suggest you guys join us. As always, drinking is mandatory. After all you guys can't leave me and Corran alone in our drunken stupor. Ultron's disgusting Dr Pepper concoction doesn't count. At least stay tonight to see me rolfstomp Splinter with four beers in me (I'm already on number two).

Also I'm going to finish up the Homestory Cup thread tomorrow morning, when's the earliest can I post it?

The Weekly NeoGAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays starting @ 6pm PDT (9pm EST)
-Game types:
<1v1>
<1v1 obs>
<1v1 coaching>
<2v2>
<3v3>
<4v4>
<FFA>
<Team Monobattles>
<Custom Maps>
<Nuclear Arcade>
<Phantom Mode>
<Marrow's Micro Tournament>

Streams
-Corran's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/corran666 (Main Stream)
-Hazard's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vggaming
-Vaultrin's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vaultrin21

Mumble Info Dump
Main server: IP = chi.eoreality.net and port = 64739
Backup server: IP = 67.23.187.114 and port = 20198
Download Here: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

WedgeX

Banned
lOAXv.png

Corran, I've already started drinking. My choice of poison is a good old fashion six pack of Coronas. This week is one of the few rare weeks where we have a lot of free time thanks to students and their winter break. So I highly suggest you guys join us. As always, drinking is mandatory. After all you guys can't leave me and Corran alone in our drunken stupor. Ultron's disgusting Dr Pepper concoction doesn't count. At least stay tonight to see me rolfstomp Splinter with four beers in me (I'm already on number two).

Also I'm going to finish up the Homestory Cup thread tomorrow morning, when's the earliest can I post it?

.....I do have Vernors and vanilla vodka sitting around.

Spl1nter

Four beers, that's all? Lightweight.

Q8D3vil

lttp but here is my list.

the witcher 2
skyrim
dark souls

if dark souls was on pc it would have probably been above skyrim but shitty framerate is shit and that annoys me a lot.

special mention to uncharted 3 for being the most over hyped and disappointing game this year.

Ecto311

Finally with shitty micro, ok macro and 2 rax on 11 into banshee build I got top 8.
New years goal of plat or higher almost looks attainable now.

Screenshot2012-01-04%25252021_43_09.jpg

I was just reading here and TL and heard about the 2 rax on 11 build. It works fuckin awesome. It gives me enough to pressure them early and hard - then whatever I want. Actually want to get into some better games and have someone beat it handily and see what it looks like because its really good and I suck.

Top Bottom