• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Ayo Panda...

What's your general ZvP strategy/thought process? I've been focusing so much on timings that I seem to put myself in a box. Basically, I drone until around 8:30m, when I start building Roaches heavy; I get my evo chamber at 6m as auto defense against DTs or air, and I start my Lair around 7m. Basically I'm always thinking about the 6 gate timing of 9min or so.

So yea, if I get attacked I can pretty much defend against it. But often times a toss will just take their third at that time, and I've been too focused on preparing to defend an attack that I'm kind left with my dick in my hands. So I expand too, and a few minutes later I die because 3 base Toss is lol. So yea.

The only ZvP I won today was a "fuck it" game I played where I just went Muta/Ling and destroyed Stalker/Col/Sentry on Metalopolis. But since I had some much money I took an early third in that game, so yea..

Q8D3vil

Ayo Panda...

What's your general ZvP strategy/thought process? I've been focusing so much on timings that I seem to put myself in a box. Basically, I drone until around 8:30m, when I start building Roaches heavy; I get my evo chamber at 6m as auto defense against DTs or air, and I start my Lair around 7m. Basically I'm always thinking about the 6 gate timing of 9min or so.

So yea, if I get attacked I can pretty much defend against it. But often times a toss will just take their third at that time, and I've been too focused on preparing to defend an attack that I'm kind left with my dick in my hands. So I expand too, and a few minutes later I die because 3 base Toss is lol. So yea.

The only ZvP I won today was a "fuck it" game I played where I just went Muta/Ling and destroyed Stalker/Col/Sentry on Metalopolis. But since I had some much money I took an early third in that game, so yea..
overpool into nydius, against ffe, works everytime :p

Dark Souls is the only 2011 game I played this year and it was as good as Demon's so it gets my vote, hopefully someone will knock some sense into them and port the next game to PC (but this is Japan, I'm not sure if they even know what a pc is)

Got Shogun 2, Space Marine and Dead Space 2 with the recent sales, so will see what 2011 had to offer pretty soon.

nilbog21

Banned
Ayo Panda...

Duno if u do this already, but sacrifice an overlord into his main at 7min~ to see what hes doing/if he is 6gating, that way u dont over commit.

Striek

If he is FFE, he is 99% doing a timing (6 gate) push... or some prism play (or both!).
I would say most common FFE followups are stargate or 4gate pressure expand then 6-7gate blink all-in. Matchups evolving really fast on both sides though.

FFE is the most common opening though it doesn't really tell you anything about what the toss wants to go.

Zergs should take an insta-third against it. Before 28 supply. Since PD indicated the game he won he took an unusually fast third that means every other time he takes a third way too late.

fanboi

Banned
I would say most common FFE followups are stargate or 4gate pressure expand then 6-7gate blink all-in. Matchups evolving really fast on both sides though.

FFE is the most common opening though it doesn't really tell you anything about what the toss wants to go.

Zergs should take an insta-third against it. Before 28 supply. Since PD indicated the game he won he took an unusually fast third that means every other time he takes a third way too late.

Yes, problem with most maps is that third is defended by the evil race of rocks.

But I agree, quick third is the shit.

J2d

Only way to deal with it is to just jump right in there. Don't worry about winning or losing because unless you're a pro or just an incredibly bad player you're probably going to win around 50% of your games.

Maybe you should just play a few gaffers 1v1 to just get you started without the anxiety of having to ladder.
I just feel like it's to stressful, but I do want to get gold so I'm gonna give it a real shot soon.
C'mon now 1v1 is where you gain the most strength in SC2, i was in a similar boat until i got hooked on 1v1's now I'm much much better.
I know, I play protoss and rarely use sentries in 4v4 so that's one area my game needs to be improved on.

FoxSpirit

I just feel like it's to stressful, but I do want to get gold so I'm gonna give it a real shot soon.

I know, I play protoss and rarely use sentries in 4v4 so that's one area my game needs to be improved on.
Darglein's Micro trainer is very helpful to train up your FF micro. In half an hour you will learn more about FFing than in half a year laddering. Unless you ladder a metric ton.

My Infestors are now upgraded into death machnies :p
Now I need to kepp the control at full gamespeed and in actual matches but I finally understand how to use them :)

Deadly

Ke9tm.jpg

Kinda funny. At least it wasn't some super big dramatic thing.

fanboi

Banned
Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

HSC OR IDRA

HSC OR IDRA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

EDIT: Idra vs Sen aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah Idra won!

EDITT2: Rematch!

jasonng

I didn't say PBR was good beer! I'm saying I have an acquired taste for it because it was the cheap goto beer back at my first school. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody but I also wouldn't turn it down if someone handed me a can.

Top Bottom