• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
wtf are you guys talking about

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
No, I don't like talking about shitty beer. It's disgusting.

J2d

"Heineken? Fuck that shit! PABST BLUE RIBBON!"
bluevelvet.jpg

fatty

I would say most common FFE followups are stargate or 4gate pressure expand then 6-7gate blink all-in. Matchups evolving really fast on both sides though.

FFE is the most common opening though it doesn't really tell you anything about what the toss wants to go.

Zergs should take an insta-third against it. Before 28 supply. Since PD indicated the game he won he took an unusually fast third that means every other time he takes a third way too late.

Can you punish a Protoss for FFE with a set of lings before his first canons come up or is it more common to just expand yourself? If so how early do you have to pool? I will sometimes skip ling speed and use my first 100 gas for lair and then nydus in some roaches with success. Even if they know I'm coming I have quite a bit of success but I'd rather play a typical game. Problem is even if I go hatch first I feel so behind because I'm trying to drone up but I also need to get units out to work on the rocks for my third (against the Protoss fast second).

ksan

The only thing that was better than the benny hill chase was the "oh, everyone who could win this just lost in the first round" and then nvm, upset of the year 2012.

zargle

The only thing that was better than the benny hill chase was the "oh, everyone who could win this just lost in the first round" and then nvm, upset of the year 2012.

Upset of the year? Im insulted. Clearly I was the number one seed going into that tournament and should have been expected to win from the very beginning.

Because I know how to 1a to victory

ksan

Upset of the year? Im insulted. Clearly I was the number one seed going into that tournament and should have been expected to win from the very beginning.

Because I know how to 1a to victory

So, that's why the only thing we heard on mumble was "I can't micro this race"??!!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
"Heineken? Fuck that shit! PABST BLUE RIBBON!"
Haterrrrrrrr

Was dominating some people today. Played against a Protoss today. I had an SCV sitting in his natural and at like 5 minutes I pushed in to see what I found. I found like 3 out of 4 warpgates being built. Looked like standard shit to me. So I continue my 3 barracks build. Have a decent amount and stim just finished when I notice some stalkers and zealots on the side of my base. I push my guys to the edge of my base to pick some off, I do. He warps in some more and tries to push up from front door. I beat all his guys and notice he had 2 pylons and 2 warpgates built right outside my base. Silly. I wreck those and push in while expanding. GG lolz

Striek

Can you punish a Protoss for FFE with a set of lings before his first canons come up or is it more common to just expand yourself? If so how early do you have to pool? I will sometimes skip ling speed and use my first 100 gas for lair and then nydus in some roaches with success. Even if they know I'm coming I have quite a bit of success but I'd rather play a typical game. Problem is even if I go hatch first I feel so behind because I'm trying to drone up but I also need to get units out to work on the rocks for my third (against the Protoss fast second).

YMMV depending on what league you're in (the lower the league, the more stuff that should work), but generally you can't punish a protoss who FFEs with lings if they did it properly.
Most zergs either go 14gas/14pool/20hatch (typical speedling expand) or 15pool/16hatch no gas.
Most maps in the map pool don't have rocks on the thirds anymore (exceptions been Tal'Darim and Shattered Temple), but when they do zergs usually just take the next available base.

11p 18h can punish FFE quite effectively (drone until 14, build gas right before pool finishes and create 6 lings+queen). If a player pulls a Naniwa and doesn't position their cannon in reach of the back side of the Nexus, you can cancel it easily and take out the first Zealot.

Striek

Assuming the protoss scouts the 11p and the cannon finishes before the lings get there (standard 14forge/16nex/16cannon/16gateway probably will do fine), I'm pretty sure even if the cannon doesn't completely cover the nexus the probes can prevent the lings from cancelling it quite easily. Protoss will probably preemptively pull some probes just to block a runby in case the cannon isn't quite ready.

Also 6 slow lings aren't going to kill a zealot with a cannon nearby for him to micro into, let alone probes for support.

TehPandaManz said:
fuck NA, commonwealth vs world. >_>

that way i get striek.
Lol for a minute I was thinking you were calling me out, then I remembered Canada is part of the Commonwealth >.>

zlatko

Banned
There's a good chance I get my gaming rig back tomorrow.

If I do, I'm playing me some Staaaaaarcrafts, followed by dat Skyrim.

A weekend of bliss. <3

Yoshichan

I swear if I get this "Graphics card driver update"-error during a 1v1 again, I'm gonna have to take a stick and beat myself for six hours straight - and then poke my left eyeball out with a fork.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I swear if I get this "Graphics card driver update"-error during a 1v1 again, I'm gonna have to take a stick and beat myself for six hours straight - and then poke my left eyeball out with a fork.

Maybe if you didnt spend so much money on keyboards and mice...you could buy a new card!

Yoshichan

Maybe if you didnt spend so much money on keyboards and mice...you could buy a new card!
You shut your (beautiful looking) mouth this instant, OK?

Yoshichan

I'm done with this game. Both in terms of playing, watching and typing about it.

Uninstalled.

GG no re.

'tis was a fun ride though.

Top Bottom