• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

jasonng

I'm going back to BW, tell me when people starting being good.
I wish I got into the BW competitive scene when I was younger so I can be a hipster douche too.

"Oh you guys play sc2? I play a more advanced game. It's called Brood Wars, maybe you've heard of it. Ha! Of course you didn't."

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Brood War sucks balls. Game looks like a monkey a shit and smeared it all over the monitor.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Did none of you guys watch the SDA Bayonetta run? :'[

Hope ForGG does well.
We can all be one happy family once people get better at SC II (and BW still exists). Or until SC II gets enough patches or expansions.

I still love what BW looks like but i understand why people wouldn't. In general i still think BW is fantastic and unlike SC2 every matchup is a lot of fun.

I won't be going back though.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

MfSoU.jpg

4 life

Anyone watching dragons stream? He's in the middle of an awesome PvT where he is going mech + air. He's turtled up with upgraded bunkers and tons of turrets. His army consists of banshees, ravens, tanks, marines, thors, ghosts, marauders and vikings.

The protoss is building pretty much everything as well including motherships.

The game has now been going for 42 minutes on shakuras and it's awesome.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
im starting to feel the magic again. >:3

not quite ready to return to ladder, but i just bodied a top 15 masters toss in an obs, had him crying about balance and zerg being easy by the end of it. it feels good.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Tashi, haha ♥

Tntnnbltn

MKP drops while ahead. Asks for re-game.

Yoshi drops while ahead. Breaks keyboard.

Just kidding. Yoshi is never ahead. <3

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just kidding. Yoshi is never ahead. <3
Shut the hell up, if I know my opponent is ahead and is either toss or zerg, I leave the game because terran can't win if they're not ahead. I hate dragging out games.

Yoshichan

Cheers, assholes! (I'm drinking Coke, alcohol is disgusting)

edit: also warning you from now on, NO PHOTOSHOPS PLEASE ._.

HmzBm.jpg

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
im starting to feel the magic again. >:3

not quite ready to return to ladder, but i just bodied a top 15 masters toss in an obs, had him crying about balance and zerg being easy by the end of it. it feels good.

You better start playing again. Or Im going up to canada and popping all those bags of milk.

Yoshichan

With the feeds I get from you...its no problems whatsoever.
You got a problem with me listening to the Rocky-theme while taking a shower?! It's undoubtedly the best thing you could ever listen to while flexing your muscles in the shower!

Tashi

What's this expansion for SC2 coming? Heart of the Swarm or some shit? Do I need to buy this to keep playing on the ladder? Are there major changes besides adding another campaign? Will whatever balance updates that come with it become available to my version?

Yoshichan

What's this expansion for SC2 coming? Heart of the Swarm or some shit? Do I need to buy this to keep playing on the ladder? Are there major changes besides adding another campaign? Will whatever balance updates that come with it become available to my version?
Let's just put it this way: if you're even remotely interested in SC2 then you should buy HotS. Watch the Blizzcon HotS-presentation. An insane amount of changes.

Tashi

Let's just put it this way: if you're even remotely interested in SC2 then you should buy HotS. Watch the Blizzcon HotS-presentation. An insane amount of changes.
Ugh so it's becoming the new standard? Like regular Street Fighter becoming irrelevant after Super Street Fighter came out?

Yoshichan

Ugh so it's becoming the new standard? Like regular Street Fighter becoming irrelevant after Super Street Fighter came out?
Yes, it is becoming the new standard. We knew this would happen since Blizzard announced Starcraft 2 along with Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void. Blizzard said that SC2 (and its expansions) is supposed to live for another 11 years so...

Tashi

Yes, it is becoming the new standard. We knew this would happen since Blizzard announced Starcraft 2 along with Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void. Blizzard said that SC2 (and its expansions) is supposed to live for another 11 years so...
Yea I remember when they announced it but I thought it was just campaigns. Is there a site with a comprehensive list of changes?

Yoshichan

Yea I remember when they announced it but I thought it was just campaigns. Is there a site with a comprehensive list of changes?
I can't find a link to everything that has been said (again, I recommend watching the Blizzcon HotS-panel if you want to know everything) but here are the new units:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/10/21/o...n-starcraft-iis-heart-of-the-swarm-expansion/

Obviously a lot of tweaking with these new units will have to be done (and some might even turn out completely different. A good example is the Replicator). Some older units are also going to be taken down (Motherboard, Carrier).

Tashi

I can't find a link to everything that has been said (again, I recommend watching the Blizzcon HotS-panel if you want to know everything) but here are the new units:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/10/21/o...n-starcraft-iis-heart-of-the-swarm-expansion/

Obviously a lot of tweaking with these new units will have to be done (and some might even turn out completely different. A good example is the Replicator). Some older units are also going to be taken down (Motherboard, Carrier).
Oh that's pretty cool. How about the online infrastructure, is that being changed?

Yoshichan

Oh that's pretty cool. How about the online infrastructure, is that being changed?
Don't know anything about that. They're changing a lot to Battle.net though (design, functionalities, accessibility).

Yoshichan

MC can have anyone he wants.

MrKnives

Mini laptops are the most useless shit around. Couldn't even watch any of the HSC because everytime I open a stream the computer is about to explode and stream lags baaaaaad.

Hope the HSC has been good and that I can watch the VOD's later :( They don't lag quite as bad

Top Bottom