• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
...you didn't reboot when it went all weird right off the bat?

Yoshiii.......
YOU SHUT UP, restarting wasn't the only thing I had to do in order to fix my problem!

♥

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
There are those who said this day would never come...

K4n69.jpg

What are they to say now?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Mother of God!

Grats :D You're now better than 99.9% of GAF!

edit: also jfyi, silver > gold will take so much less time. Trust me.

Tashi

Mother of God!

Grats :D You're now better than 99.9% of GAF!

edit: also jfyi, silver > gold will take so much less time. Trust me.

I hope so. They also put me at number 5 in the my silver division. Seems really high up right?

edit: Nothing all that special. I was doing my normal 3 barracks push. I scouted the guy going for a reaper cheese and was well prepared. After I wrecked all his reapers I moved into his base and fucked his shit up. He gave me a speech about how over powered terran was and how Bio is over powered. He also told me that he hates how all terrans play the same. Then he said, "yea I'm mad" all I said was GG lol

Yoshichan

I hope so. They also put me at number 5 in the my silver division. Seems really high up right?
They usually put you in a new division so you'll drop like 30 spots if you lose one match.

Ecto311

There are those who said this day would never come...

What are they to say now?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Badass - I remember when that happened to me it was awesome. Does anyone know if there is still the huge point difference from bronze to the other leagues? I remember seeing something about bronze needing 1000 points where the other leagues needed 700 to progress?

Tashi

They usually put you in a new division so you'll drop like 30 spots if you lose one match.

I just won and took the number 1 spot now. Terran thought he could afford 3 barracks (with combat shield), a factory with siege tanks and a star port with medivacs, and a command center all in one base and be able to hold me. He didn't scout anything in my base. I built a bunker in his expansion and discovered that he had built a command center in his base because he tried to fly it over to where my bunker was position. I saw that as my opportunity to push and I did. Did good damage but he was able to hold me for a little. However, it was inevitable that he would lose because I was already expanding perfectly safe while he couldn't land his expansion and I had fucked up some of his barracks and tech and shit.

Yoshichan

I just won and took the number 1 spot now. Terran thought he could afford 3 barracks (with combat shield), a factory with siege tanks and a star port with medivacs, and a command center all in one base and be able to hold me. He didn't scout anything in my base. I built a bunker in his expansion and discovered that he had built a command center in his base because he tried to fly it over to where my bunker was position. I saw that as my opportunity to push and I did. Did good damage but he was able to hold me for a little. However, it was inevitable that he would lose because I was already expanding perfectly safe while he couldn't land his expansion and I had fucked up some of his barracks and tech and shit.
Yuuup... as you could probably tell, there's no difference in skill whether you're playing against people in bronze or silver :p I guess gold is when you'll actually fight some tough dudes.

Tashi

Yuuup... as you could probably tell, there's no difference in skill whether you're playing against people in bronze or silver :p

That's not true. There are just multiple tiers of Bronze because it's so hard to get out of that league. You have the really scrubby guys of Bronze who just started. Then you have the cheesers who just get by doing stupid shit. Then you have the players like me at the top level bronze who are going to get promoted eventually. I could tell the difference as I was making my way up through the bronze league.

Yoshichan

That's not true. There are just multiple tiers of Bronze because it's so hard to get out of that league. You have the really scrubby guys of Bronze who just started. Then you have the cheesers who just get by doing stupid shit. Then you have the players like me at the top level bronze who are going to get promoted eventually. I could tell the difference as I was making my way up through the bronze league.
Yeah obviously I didn't take those who had just started playing and doesn't know how to properly make units into consideration :p

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
That's cute.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
lol yea I'm sure once I get better they'll all blur into one

lol you're so jaded
I've had adventures in Bronze on my friend accounts and I agree.

Once you get some game and timing understanding you just make and rally units while you attack and insta gold!
Key problem in lower leagues is moving your units into the open.

Tashi

I've had adventures in Bronze on my friend accounts and I agree.

Once you get some game and timing understanding you just make and rally units while you attack and insta gold!

It's not insta gold. I've had to learn an insane amount about the game just to make it to silver.

Obviously I have a lot more to learn but I feel like most of what I have left to learn is about strategy.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
It's not insta gold. I've had to learn an insane amount about the game just to make it to silver.

Obviously I have a lot more to learn but I feel like most of what I have left to learn is about strategy.
Get rid of that mindset. You aren't Bronze anymore.
All you have to do is make units and Stim1a because you are Terran.
You've ascended now. 5aaaaaaaaaaaaa1at ez

Honestly, I agree. Once you get familiar with the game it's a ton of knowledge / timing / matchup stuff, then executing. Felt like that for me and fighting games which I don't have experience at.
I'm Ryu fighting Guy and he can just flip from anywhere on screen and throw me for 20% life. I'm like 'wat'.

Tashi

Get rid of that mindset. You aren't Bronze anymore.
All you have to do is make units and Stim1a because you are Terran.

You've ascended now. 5aaaaaaaaaaaaa1at ez

Hahahah fuck that.

Also, I have my barracks set to 4!

And yea Corran playing against you has definitely helped. I have to play faster against you. I feel like I can push an army and expand behind it much easier now.

Yoshichan

Hahahah fuck that.

And yea Corran playing against you has definitely helped. I have to play faster against you. I feel like I can push an army and expand behind it much easier now.
*high five*

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hahahah fuck that.

Yeah, next step is to wean you off 3 rax opening.

4 for main base, best hotkey. Ideally I'd put it on 0 and have 4 keys for army, but I'm too fixed.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Its cool when your watching a pro stream and they match against another pro streaming.

Watching Polt vs Taeja on both of their streams lol

Tashi

Yeah, next step is to wean you off 3 rax opening.

4 for main base, best hotkey. Ideally I'd put it on 0 and have 4 keys for army, but I'm too fixed.

Oh I've already begun that. I've been working on a 1 barracks, no gas, fast expand. It's not good enough for me to take into ladder confidently yet though. I have won a match with it though.

The thing is that once I build that 2nd command center and get it up and running, I get lost as to what to build and stuff. And when someone is attacking me or threatening, it just makes it all even more difficult. I don't know, maybe I'll just build 2 more barracks, get a factory and engineering bay and go from there. Then probably a Starport.

edit: That happens on the Halo side a lot corran. You can hear the pros talking shit on their streams. Pretty funny.

Yoshichan

I don't know, maybe I'll just build 2 more barracks, get a factory and engineering bay and go from there. Then probably a Starport.
Yup.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Oh I've already begun that. I've been working on a 1 barracks, no gas, fast expand. It's not good enough for me to take into ladder confidently yet though. I have won a match with it though.

The thing is that once I build that 2nd command center and get it up and running, I get lost as to what to build and stuff. And when someone is attacking me or threatening, it just makes it all even more difficult. I don't know, maybe I'll just build 2 more barracks, get a factory and engineering bay and go from there. Then probably a Starport.

edit: That happens on the Halo side a lot corran. You can hear the pros talking shit on their streams. Pretty funny.
You get early expand.

Tech
Econ
Army

Pick 2. Never pick 3 at once. If you have a timing you can power 1 aspect.
Expo means NOT DYING in coming minutes. If they econ/tech you get to pick 2 to counter in how you like.

Fact means investing in tanks to not die. If you want rax add 3 of them. Get gas to double upgrade, then add your factory/starport.

Tashi

You get early expand.

Tech
Econ
Army

Pick 2. Never pick 3 at once. If you have a timing you can power 1 aspect.
Expo means NOT DYING in coming minutes. If they econ/tech you get to pick 2 to counter in how you like.

Fact means investing in tanks to not die. If you want rax add 3 of them. Get gas to double upgrade, then add your factory/starport.

Ok and obviously I want to be keeping track of my enemies expansions and his position on the map. Do I just take a few marines or whatever and put them around the map so see where he's going and stuff? Map control and awareness is a real issue for me. I often push with an army and have no idea what I'm going to run into lol.

Which is weird because in Halo map awareness, control and movement are my strong suits lol

Yoshichan

Ok and obviously I want to be keeping track of my enemies expansions and his position on the map. Do I just take a few marines or whatever and put them around the map so see where he's going and stuff? Map control and awareness is a real issue for me. I often push with an army and have no idea what I'm going to run into lol.
Yup. Marines, SCVs or whenever you get your first viking.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

Which is weird because in Halo map awareness, control and movement are my strong suits lol
Eventually you'll develop a sense of when things start to happen.

Like: Oh at 11 minutes I should start building turrets if:
1) I'm attacking
2) I'm not attacking and don't have enough AA
3) I haven't see too many banelings or infestors (saved gas)

Then you have early and late timings of that. For example TvZ you can have a ton of strong 2 base 10:30-11:00 timings where Zerg has just made a third, saved gas, teched, and droned. Then you kill them.

You have to know what you are looking for, and have a planned response to make use of scouting.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

You start to learn that 1-2 medivacs with marines can be very deadly against an army that is out of place. Medivac drops are good to scout with ^^;;

Yoshichan

xsis, good "casual" team or not?

Top Bottom