• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
in bed,cant see gom tv site... is gsl today? inn how many hours?

TheExodu5

Banned
So, how does the Code S, Code A thing work anyways? If I were to watch only Code S matches this season, how many am I looking at, roughly?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
thanks pancakes... thats way too late for me. gnight.

zargle

So, how does the Code S, Code A thing work anyways? If I were to watch only Code S matches this season, how many am I looking at, roughly?

5 sets of bo3s each weekday for this week and next. Diminishing numbers after that as Code A group gets started and bigger while Code S group gets thinner.

TheExodu5

Banned
5 sets of bo3s each weekday for this week and next. Diminishing numbers after that as Code A group gets started and bigger while Code S group gets thinner.

Gotcha, thanks. So eliminations start during those A,S,S weekday blocks, right? Can't tell from the schedule I just saw on the stream which are the group stages, and which are the elimination stages.

Also, I see on the site that there's some point system. This is pretty confusing considering the last GSL I watched was Season 2 where Foxer (now MKP) made it to the finals.

Do Code A and Code S ever fight? How do you get promoted from Code A to Code S?

Gotcha, thanks. So eliminations start during those A,S,S weekday blocks, right? Can't tell from the schedule I just saw on the stream which are the group stages, and which are the elimination stages.

Also, I see on the site that there's some point system. This is pretty confusing considering the last GSL I watched was Season 2 where Foxer (now MKP) made it to the finals.

Do Code A and Code S ever fight? How do you get promoted from Code A to Code S?

When you lose in code S you get put into code A. The further you get in code S determines how far up the code A ladder you have to start. Only the top 8 from code S stay there.

After that the winner from each bracket in code A gets a spot. Then the top 15 or so (can't remember exact numbers sorry) who don't win go to the up and downs to try and earn a code S spot.

That's assuming it's the same as last season as i'm just remembering from that.

Yoshichan

wow... can't sleep for shit. My mind is too busy thinking about how to transition smoothly out of 111.

fuck this game, it's gonna be the end of me.

Yoshichan

111 all in ?
Nope. TvZ. Hellion harassment while constantly producing marines and go straight into cloaked banshees. And expand from that point.

TheExodu5

Banned
Can't figure out what video package to buy on GSL. The yearly is so damned expensive.

How bad are the ads?

Also, how many seasons are there?

And why would you get a monthly subscription over season passes? It seems incredibly expensive. What's the underlined "2012 GOMTV SC2 VOD Archives"?

Yoshichan

Chrono Boost and Larvae is more OP than the mule.

Yoshichan

A hatchery should only be able to carry 7 larvae at once.

Chrono Boost should only work on units, not probes.

Yoshichan

You gave me a great idea! Mules should work in refineries too!

Zzoram

Can't figure out what video package to buy on GSL. The yearly is so damned expensive.

How bad are the ads?

Also, how many seasons are there?

And why would you get a monthly subscription over season passes? It seems incredibly expensive. What's the underlined "2012 GOMTV SC2 VOD Archives"?

Ads are totally fine, don't waste money to get rid of them.

Monthly pass for $19.99/mo gives you access to the current month, plus the back catalog of anything else in 2012, but only gives you access for the duration of your monthly subscription.

Monthly comes with everything and every feature.

Annual passes, Light has no features just basic VODs, Premium has the mobile/Korean VODs. Neither annual pass has GSTL, only Monthly does for now. We expect an annual GSTL pass will become available soon. It's unclear if annual GSL + annual GSTL will be cheaper than Monthly but it almost certainly will be.

TheExodu5

Banned
Thanks!

What's the GSTL like, anyways? I'm assuming it's just basically focused on team rivalry? Does it follow a similar tournament format, or do teams just compete for points? Is there ever a final?

Sorry, I'm being so annoying with these questions...GOM is awful at explaining any of this.

Before every game if i remember right. and those google ads that appear on the video itself you can X out.

Thanks. Just found out myself, heh. Bought the $15 season pass. As much as I'd like mobile and GSTL, I think I'll start here until I know I'll maintain interest.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
How often is GSL? Is it tonight?
GSL Thread has its own OP.

Watch tonight. We have #1/2 Protoss, #1/2 Zerg, oGsFin BW star (old star) who went undefeated to get into Code S on his first try, and SuperNova a very very solid Terran.
uMXNp.jpg

Yoshichan

Feels good to beat a 2 rax aggressive terran with a 1 gateway expand build and scouting it then changing it up :p
Horrible terran... :/ a good 2rax is the hardcounter to 1gate FE

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Horrible terran... :/ a good 2rax is the hardcounter to 1gate FE

Ya I scouted a shitload of marines/maruaders and canceled my nexus as he was at my front door. Held him off with force fields, got immortals he ran. Tech to colossus with expansion and gosu force fields, he quits no gg :p

My weakness is scouting and correctly responding, thats why wins like this feels good :p

Yoshichan

Oh, you canceled the Nexus - that explains it :p

gj, gg

edit: if I two rax against toss, I do it without gas. It's worked great lately (thanks D3vil!).

Yoshichan

Jinro is honestly one of the most boring terran to watch. His taste in music doesn't help his case either... Good lord.

Yoshichan

No, 1 gate FE is unpunishable. imba chrono
Yeah, chrono is straight up broken. Agreed.

desrow just beat nexlife (code A, he beat Sage)

Top Bottom