• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Watch Razer or Redbull try to sponsor the show then Incontrol has to "leave" again and we get another sappy goodbye video.

Anyway It's a great change, better time slot for me (although it's still a bit too late but sometimes I'm staying up that late) and youtube vods are a god send. The MLG vods system and video player was garbage, also no more waiting a day or two for the vod to "processed".

Hopefully now they won't take 45min to an hour previewing each mlg while spending less than 10min talking about all the other big tournaments.

Watch Razer or Redbull try to sponsor the show then Incontrol has to "leave" again and we get another sappy goodbye video.

Anyway It's a great change, better time slot for me (although it's still a bit too late but sometimes I'm staying up that late) and youtube vods are a god send. The MLG vods system and video player was garbage, also no more waiting a day or two for the vod to "processed".

Hopefully now they won't take 45min to an hour previewing each mlg while spending less than 10min talking about all the other big tournaments.

Agreed. The day and time of the show never mattered because I would always listen to the podcast on my way to and from work for the next few days.

Spl1nter

Care to explain?

haters going to hate.

no+fun+allowed.jpg

So much bad MLG news lol. At least the decision to about SOTG was JP's though, and not a case of MLG downsizing.

And MLG still hasn't revealed their 2012 plans : /

Only bad thing is that I get home from work around 8:30pm on tuesdays, so I won't be able to watch this live anymore :(

(I prefer watching from beginning to end)

syllogism

Doesn't sound like MLG was really funding SotG. Maybe JP got a small compensation but he is employed by MLG anyway. It seems they leaving to actually make some money.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Only bad thing is that I get home from work around 8:30pm on tuesdays, so I won't be able to watch this live anymore :(

(I prefer watching from beginning to end)
They are changing the time and or day they are broadcasting to get more European viewers and help east coast.

Does it really matter at this point when they're all still associated with a team or league? The only real positive change I can see is now JP doesn't have to wait for MLG to process the vods.

Maybe the other hosts wanted something out of their free time besides free publicity ?

It's the most viewed weekly mlg piece of content and I'm pretty sure mlg was taking all that ad money for themselves, so perhaps they wanted in on that pie.

Artosis is gonna have to wake up at 9 am local time every week now.

Corran Horn

Maybe the other hosts wanted something out of their free time besides free publicity ?

It's the most viewed weekly mlg piece of content and I'm pretty sure mlg was taking all that ad money for themselves, so perhaps they wanted in on that pie.

Artosis is gonna have to wake up at 9 am local time every week now.

9am? Thats farmer time!

ultron87

Fellow Tosses, what am I supposed to do against a Phoenix opening?

I tried that thing where you expand and cannon up, but he still got an expansion up even faster than me because I certainly couldn't move out since he'd just pick up half my army and/or murder my probes.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

I tried that thing where you expand and cannon up, but he still got an expansion up even faster than me because I certainly couldn't move out since he'd just pick up half my army and/or murder my probes.

you scout the stargate earlier and expand earlier.

Aylinato

Build arhcons

Corran Horn

I dont get why a zerg would take a fast good against me on antiga...its so easy to scout early enough.

Ahh diamond life.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
So I just watched a Day9 video where he showed a standard build and talked about it. I really like it.

Supply
Barracks
Orbital + Marines
Expand
Bunkers
2 more barracks
double gas
Tech labs and shit
Factory

I think that's what I'm going to practice. In the video though the guy built a 3rd command center super early and was using that to get even more SCVs and then he eventually landed it at its own place. Pretty cool but I don't think I'm ready for it.

Also, watching GSL last night I noticed that games rarely end with one player rolling his army into the other guys base, killing his units and then ending it right there. They usually dance for a while in the middle of the map aside from harassment, then the major encounter happens. It's different.

Corran Horn

So I just watched a Day9 video where he showed a standard build and talked about it. I really like it.

Supply
Barracks
Orbital + Marines
Expand
Bunkers
2 more barracks
double gas
Tech labs and shit
Factory

I think that's what I'm going to practice. In the video though the guy built a 3rd command center super early and was using that to get even more SCVs and then he eventually landed it at its own place. Pretty cool but I don't think I'm ready for it.

Also, watching GSL last night I noticed that games rarely end with one player rolling his army into the other guys base, killing his units and then ending it right there. They usually dance for a while in the middle of the map aside from harassment, then the major encounter happens. It's different.

Super high level games tend to be that. You move your whole army out? He will drop your base in multiple locations or harass you as much as possible. Us lower level scum tend to ball our armys :/

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Super high level games tend to be that. You move your whole army out? He will drop your base in multiple locations or harass you as much as possible. Us lower level scum tend to ball our armys :/

It was amazing to watch this video. It was TvP btw. The terran built a decent size army of marines, medivac and marauders. He moved out to the middle to see what was going on. Then, he sends 90% of his army to the left where the guy has his 3rd and the other 10% is making a drop in his natural. All the while, his macro is set up so well, while that was going on he's already rebuilding and getting upgrades quick. So the attack happens, he kills some probes, maybe a few stalkers before the protoss' whole army wipes him out. He did some decent damage, killed like 20 something probes.

Then he takes his time because he knows he's got the advantage. The whole time he's basically just stopping this guy from out macro'ing him until he's got his upgrades and is ready to go.

you scout the stargate earlier and expand earlier.

They can do a phoenix gateway allin which can be really hard to hold if you expand.

I dont get why a zerg would take a fast good against me on antiga...its so easy to scout early enough.

Ahh diamond life.

Artosis lost to this on the ladder. He faced the same guy a few days later and said how he would show how to punish a player for doing that build. He lost again.

Top Bottom