• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Artosis lost to this on the ladder. He faced the same guy a few days later and said how he would show how to punish a player for doing that build. He lost again.

I was gonna 3 gate expand then just shruged and 4 gated. Main base is too far to defend with roaches.

My bonus pool is gone ;;;;;;
On bright side im ranked 14th now in my group. Beating up zergs :p

FoxSpirit

I admit I would take a PF hatch that doesn't spawn larva by itself.... but yeah, good call on static d and player interaction. Plus larger maps, I have seen huge maps in BW if I am not mistaken.

cdyhybrid

was wondering why her viewer count was so low....

webcams off lol

She's adorable. She lost to a 4 gate or something (only caught the end of the game) and her facial expression when she GGed was priceless. I just wanted to hug her.

I'm getting the itch to play again because I'm nearing the end of my Skyrim binge. Can't decide whether I should play Toss or Zerg when I come back, though. Pretty much ruled out Terran because I'm not Korean, so I don't think I'd be good enough to win with them :p

Sliver

A lot of people are thinking that the deal between oGs and SK expired, and MC wanted to still attend foreign events, which oGs would not fund so he joined SK. Maybe Nada will join too.

Q8D3vil

A lot of people are thinking that the deal between oGs and SK expired, and MC wanted to still attend foreign events, which oGs would not fund so he joined SK. Maybe Nada will join too.
nada only attended 1 event last year though sk, he is pretty busy (mlg attendance was though mlg-gsl exchange).

seems like pretty good opportunity and mc took it

That's pretty big wow

Leaving the team house sounds kinda bad for MC tbh, but I bet SK waved a huge salary check at his face that beat the free bed and food deal that oGs has.

oGs has been getting weaker and weaker for a while now so The Wind has to start cracking some whips and produce another ace.

From the reddit thread it turns out someone posted this yesterday under the name "starcraft2news". This account had also posted zenio to liquid before it was announced. Insider knowledge somehow.

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/odqot/mc_leaves_ogs_joins_sk/

Day old thread

Assuming he has good sources (since he got both stories right) then maybe mc actually is only on 10% of the salary of huk? Bizarre if true.

How fucking low MC's salary (or high Huk's salary) is ?

Deadly

Assuming he has good sources (since he got both stories right) then maybe mc actually is only on 10% of the salary of huk? Bizarre if true.
His current salary with SK or his salary when he was with oGs ? If it's the latter, I wouldn't be surprised. But with SK he should be earning pretty good money or else that fucking sucks... Either way Huk's like the most well paid progamer as far as SC2 goes..apparently.

Dooraven

Huk's salary is apparently insane (iirc rumour has it that it is the highest for any esports player right now).

MC leaving oGs and joining SK gives him an actual salary, how he will do in tournaments now is upto him and how he practises.

Deadman

I had read that huk and idra got the same and that both were the equal highest in sc2, but its all just rumours, theyve never come out and said anything. Theyve said its a good salary to live on, but never the actual amount.

If the 10% figure is his new SK salary then i really dont understand it. Why wouldnt EG swoop in and offer him travel to every event, 15% of huks salary and a place in the slayers house? Or any other foreign team for that matter.

Holden

huk and idra get paid tons of money because they are foreign figures not just sc2 players.

EG =/= foreigh figures lol;

stephano gets tons of money too which i sorta find it weird cause i think he stated that he wins alot before he won the 2 major tounys he won

nilbog21

Banned
Huk's salary is apparently insane (iirc rumour has it that it is the highest for any esports player right now).

MC leaving oGs and joining SK gives him an actual salary, how he will do in tournaments now is upto him and how he practises.

it's not that insane, im sure many broodwar players get paid much more, but it's pretty good

what is flash or xellos' income?

syllogism

Most BW pros don't get paid much at all

e: well, relatively. No idea about recent figures but probably like 20-40k for a non-top player. Top names 100-150k (and longer contracts). Flash is special.

I doubt he's even near what Flash is making or even what Moon used to get back with FOX, but he's probably the highest earning player salary wise in SC2.

Dooraven

I doubt he's even near what Flash is making or even what Moon used to get back with FOX, but he's probably the highest earning player salary wise in SC2.

When I use eSports I was excluding SC1 lol, thats on another level completley another level but yeah probably no where close to Moon or Grubby during WC3 prime.

WedgeX

Banned
and a month later terran gets nerfed into the ground when its revealed just how wtf broken they are.

Zergs, qq-ing?

alienssogood-1.gif

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Most BW pros don't get paid much at all

e: well, relatively. No idea about recent figures but probably like 20-40k for a non-top player. Top names 100-150k (and longer contracts). Flash is special.
Pretty much only A teamers make money. Top 10 makes more. Under A team is tiny salary, but I think food/housing is covered.
I read somewhere flash said if he were to start over in sc1 he would pick zerg. I hope he doesnt do that in sc2 and get the race ruined by blizzard lol.
Yeah, I heard this. Starting over he would want to play Zerg for BW.

Deadman

Slasher no longer with MLG at all.

@Slasher Rod Breslau
Additionally, I am no longer with MLG. I'd like to thank @MLGSundance for the opportunity, and wish the best for him and his team in 2012.

@Slasher Rod Breslau
I'm in talks and deciding what to do next, with an emphasis on true independent, non-biased, non-censored, investigative coverage.

Top Bottom