• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

I hope I'm wrong but it seems like MC leaving could really hurt him. I'd imagine he has plenty of top pro friends to practice with but being on a team trumps that.

I bet EG is kicking themselves for signing JYP so quickly

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I hope I'm wrong but it seems like MC leaving could really hurt him. I'd imagine he has plenty of top pro friends to practice with but being on a team trumps that.

They already have a top Protoss on their team. Though MC would've made a great PvP partner for HuK. I feel like they need better Terran and Zerg players to round out their roster.

(I feel as though Machine, Axslav, InControl, are strictly b-teamers)

They already have a top Protoss on their team. Though MC would've made a great PvP partner for HuK. I feel like they need better Terran and Zerg players to round out their roster.

(I feel as though Machine, Axslav, InControl, are strictly b-teamers)

They have Puma and DeMuslim for terran, which is solid. I guess another terran would be nice, but imo another zerg would fit better. Machine hasn't been able to demonstrate he can perform against top players (US, Euro, or Korean) and StrifeCro's success is solely focused in 2v2 matches.

I wonder why most of the top US BW players haven't translated well to SC2. Perhaps it's due to the explosion of the game: whereas in BW they were mainly dominating their local scenes as well as US WCG, now there are far more players from around the country, many on teams with Europeans or other foreigners. In short now that the talent pool is bigger they no longer stand out

Interestingly they're still dominating small, local lans as they did in BW; Machine and InControl regularly win small events in Arizona for instance.

Deadman

Is jp still there full time or he back to part time and that's why he moved again?

I dont know about that, could be the case. He has said he is still with mlg, but not how much. I guess we will find out when they announce their 2012 plans; if there are lots of online tournaments hosted by JP then hes full time, if not then hes only part time at the lans.

Mairu

They have Puma and DeMuslim for terran, which is solid. I guess another terran would be nice, but imo another zerg would fit better. Machine hasn't been able to demonstrate he can perform against top players (US, Euro, or Korean) and StrifeCro's success is solely focused in 2v2 matches.

Let's be real Demuslim is about as reliable as FruitDealer :p

(._.)

Banned
hmmmm ._.

so-so ladder session.

first match was PvP. Everything was on time with my 3gate 1 robo. when I moved some to pressure DT's showed up in my main. Had to do base race and I ended up doing retarded stuff away from the fight causing me to lose like 4 stalkers at his main during my attack. Long story short that costed me a game I might have won.

Lost another to a zerg where I lost 5 void rays that just sacked his natural (lost them to spores in his main). He had a 3rd base. beat me with some roaches. I got greedy and my macro slipped.

lost two more to a terran who out macro'd me after I botched two attempts on his natural and to a guy who 2gate cannon'd me into my main. I was able to break free but I was already behind and he had 3base plus void rays.

stressful games but I think I was able to learn a lot.

jasonng

Lost another to a zerg where I lost 5 void rays that just sacked is natural (lost them to spores in his main). He had a 3rd base. beat me with some roaches. I got greedy and my macro slipped.
That's a pretty heavy investment for an harass. Have you been trying vray + Phoenix harass or vray + zealot warp ins instead?

(._.)

Banned
That's a pretty heavy investment for an harass. Have you been trying vray + Phoenix harass or vray + zealot warp ins instead?

I did actually have 5 phoenixes. I got cocky with them because he was quite defenseless but he had like 3 bases and when the voids fell that was like half my army. I was microing them in his main (bad micro, no macro at this point) and they all died eventually to spores.

EDIT looking at the replay and it was really stupid loss for me seeing as I had my second up after him (he built a ton of lings at the star for some reason)

I was watching Destiny's stream and he did a pretty cool build I've never tried before. It's mainly aimed at killing 15h builds on Tal Darim or similar maps where there's simply too much room in the natural to get away with that build.

13 gas
12 pool
(after that I forgot exactly what he did lol, so I just drone to around 15, get an overlord, get my speed @100g, get a queen, then nonstop lings. keep drones on gas btw)

Got two easy wins on Tal Darim and the new big ladder map. This just might get me to diamond league again :eek:

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Beat my first masters player on ladder. Of course it was PvP and I defended against his canon cheese and he quit lol.

Day by day my rank is slowly improving.

Corran Horn

Closer and closer I come...

TnsGz.jpg

20wins out of 28 games tt

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Oh you're gonna get promoted son. That few wins, that high in the division and you're already playing against Masters. Nice shit.

Corran Horn

I hope. I been diamond since like the game came out. (was like gold in beta). Figured I should stop goofing around all the time and actually ladder to get into masters.

That way I can complain about imba even better.

(._.)

Banned
I heard the way things are now you have to play a ton of games in order to get a promotion if your MMR has stayed the same for a while :\

I just feel fuckin depressed (I know how dumb that sounds) knowing that I may not even go up a rank this season because of that :\

I just don't wanna keep playing people who do stupid cheese or don't even know how to hot key their buildings :\

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Season 1: 7-1 Plat
Season 2: 1-0 Diamond
Season 3: 1-0 Diamond
Season 4: 1-0 Diamond
Season 5: N/A

LIKE A BOSS. That 1 loss was me on a winstreak high, trying to lure stalkers into my 1 tank with my entire army, they blinked to kill it, then FF'd my army outside my bunkers and died. Sad times.

Striek

Imba imba imba imba imba. Ghosts, marines, tanks, templar, archons, colossi, banelings, infestors and broodlords. Why so much imba, blizzard?
I heard the way things are now you have to play a ton of games in order to get a promotion if your MMR has stayed the same for a while :\

I just feel fuckin depressed (I know how dumb that sounds) knowing that I may not even go up a rank this season because of that :\

I just don't wanna keep playing people who do stupid cheese or don't even know how to hot key their buildings :\
It doesn't matter how long you are at a certain level, you just have to win more than you lose to raise your MMR above the promotion threshold and either keep it there for long enough, or continue to win more than you lose and you'll be promoted much quicker. The thing is you can't just reach the threshold and get promoted instantly because you may have a winning streak one day and then a losing streak the next. Gotta be consistent.

Striek

Interesting start. Thorzain sets up a 6-7 bunker contain outside NightEnds third and should've had the game then mismicros his vikings and ghosts quite sloppily in the battle.

Holden

talk to me when protoss start using more than 1 hotkey.

And you start talking when you're no longer a junior!

more then 1 hotkey? lol. Terran can have their whole army on 1hotkey too, same for zerg;;

protoss is the race that actually has more chance to have more seperate army hotkeys since protoss has more "used" casters;

MC allrdy had a deal with SK...;
and i dont really think EG is THAT interested in mc

Deadman

Some nice games in the Shoutcraft invitational total. Grubby played really well.

Round of 4 is tomorrow at 2pm GMT. Grubby vs Stephano, Thorzain vs Ret are the matchups, matches are best of 5.

Top Bottom