• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Spl1nter

I'm going to quit life is Splinter becomes a brony.

You know what you have to do now, Splinter.

Often the harshest bigots of bronies are bronies themselves. Come out of the closet Splinter!

Sorry to disappoint you guys. I am still the same old hockey crazy beer guzzling lumberjack Italian-Canadian that I have always been. No time for ponies when you are wrestling a grizzly with your bare hands.

jasonng

lOAXv.png

There has always been a Korean supermarket across the street from me that I never really paid attention to. It never occurred to me that I'm not respecting Gaf Night to the best of my abilities. So tonight I will be enjoying these Korean beverages and snacks:

bUHZil.jpg

Oddly enough the supermarket only carries one Korean branded beer, Hite. The rest they carry was American brewed bullshit. Hite was the cheapest brand they had there too so I was worried about it. I tried a can last night, it's not too bad actually. The KookSoonDang drink is suppose to be some rice wine? It bothers me that it's in a soda bottle and the instructions say I have to shake it before I drink. The snack I have no idea what it is. Their snack section was confusing as fuck since they stocked all kinds of Asian brands, not just Korean. So not only do I not know what the fuck I'm about to eat, I'm not even sure if it's a Korean brand.

I figured if I want to get better at this game I should start the diet of an Korean. It seems like the only way for me now.

The Weekly NeoGAF Starcraft II Nights
-Wednesdays starting @ 6pm PDT (9pm EST)
-Game types:
<1v1>
<1v1 obs>
<1v1 coaching>
<2v2>
<3v3>
<4v4>
<FFA>
<Team Monobattles>
<Custom Maps>
<Nuclear Arcade>
<Phantom Mode>
<Marrow's Micro Tournament>

Streams
-Corran's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/corran666 (Main Stream)
-Hazard's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vggaming
-Vaultrin's Stream: http://www.justin.tv/vaultrin21

Mumble Info Dump
Main server: IP = chi.eoreality.net and port = 64739
Backup server: IP = 67.23.187.114 and port = 20198
Download Here: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

Vaporak

lOAXv.png

The snack I have no idea what it is. Their snack section was confusing as fuck since they stocked all kinds of Asian brands, not just Korean. So not only do I not know what the fuck I'm about to eat, I'm not even sure if it's a Korean brand.

The snack bag looks like it has Japanese writing on it, sorry bro, that's weeaboo food.

jasonng

HAHA that's EXACTLY the procedure I follow. I did see one circle so I was praying my gut feeling was wrong. The only snack they had that I knew for a fact that was korean branded was some shit strawberry hard candy. Fuck that.

WedgeX

Banned
lOAXv.png

There has always been a Korean supermarket across the street from me that I never really paid attention to. It never occurred to me that I'm not respecting Gaf Night to the best of my abilities. So tonight I will be enjoying these Korean beverages and snacks:

bUHZil.jpg

Oddly enough the supermarket only carries one Korean branded beer, Hite. The rest they carry was American brewed bullshit. Hite was the cheapest brand they had there too so I was worried about it. I tried a can last night, it's not too bad actually. The KookSoonDang drink is suppose to be some rice wine? It bothers me that it's in a soda bottle and the instructions say I have to shake it before I drink. The snack I have no idea what it is. Their snack section was confusing as fuck since they stocked all kinds of Asian brands, not just Korean. So not only do I not know what the fuck I'm about to eat, I'm not even sure if it's a Korean brand.

I figured if I want to get better at this game I should start the diet of an Korean. It seems like the only way for me now.

GGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF Night!

I will be shaving tonight and thus losing all of my SC2 marine building powers. But I shall still be in attendance.

Sliver

From Liquipedia

On July 20th, 2011, it was announced that san and Hoseo teammate Sia were seeking foreign teams. It is worth noting that when the Code A Preliminary thread was created, Gom listed san under "Other", instead of with New Star HoSeo, indicating that san may have left NSHoSeo. It was later revealed by Artosis during the New Star HoSeo vs MvP GSTL match that he is currently looking for a foreigner team, though he is still in New Star HoSeo.

So I guess not. I was really impressed with his play in the GSL season where he beat everyone in his group, while Artosis was trash talking the entire time before the matches. Hopefully we'll see more of him.

Q8D3vil

From Liquipedia

So I guess not. I was really impressed with his play in the GSL season where he beat everyone in his group, while Artosis was trash talking the entire time before the matches. Hopefully we'll see more of him.

his entire strategy revolve around abusing warp in storms. that is why we don't see him around now.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Biting my tongue so bad right now
There is an issue.
A big issue…..
I am sitting here biting my tongue so bad its bleeding, because I do not want to release the information just yet. Its not good information, and it will start a shit storm, which is why I am biting my tongue so bad.
HELP DR PHIL….. HOW DO I CONTINUE BITING MY TONGUE!~~~
Anyone wanna get Dr Phil in on this? Hmmmmm……. Maybe we can tweet him @drphil I am pretty sure @fxopenesports needs help!! He keeps biting his tongue in order not to release information without giving the guilty party a chance…..
Maybe Oprah is what I need @oprah help me with your wisdom. I dont want a car (although that would be nice) or a holiday (again.. nice) but I don’t want to cause another storm of fire in the e-sports community.
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

NO Leenock would not leave FXO…
Before you run away screaming, no he didn’t and wouldn’t leave FXO. Leenock and I are like scoots and I, complete lovers of korean BBQ.

hmmm

Zen

Banned
FXOBoss seems like he's being a bit of a self important drama queen, he's the one trolling people but says that he confirms the story because of trolls trollign him.

While greater accountability and transparency is nice, it should be handled more professionally than making a QQ blog post where you even admit 'MLG isn't guilty of anything besides being slow- "OH MY HOW HARD THIS IS ON ME AND LEENOCK, OH GOD HOW WILL I CARRY ON".

Ok so to avoid trolls bitching at me..

No Leenock has not received his funds from his MLG win.

He has not received the trophy either (unsure on what the deal is there, its not so hard to dhl things to Korea).

Note: MLG is not so much guilty of anything other than being slow. I have contacted sundance about this, he told me he would update me 48 hours ago and did not.

Which to me was a little strange, and reason to blog.

Keep the pitchforks in the shed and remember I wear flame retardant clothing and have no heart.

edit: I am a little bit sick of lack of transparency from e-sports organisations. Not specifically MLG.

On top of this, I am tired of other organisations making me have to play therapist to players. Leenock is very upset by this, and I have to calm him down and help the reputation of a company that does not belong to me. Unfortunately, I do not have a psychology degree.

http://fxoboss.tumblr.com/?67

Vaporak

FXOBoss seems like he's being a bit of a self important drama queen, he's the one trolling people but says that he confirms the story because of trolls trollign him.

While greater accountability and transparency is nice, it should be handled more professionally than making a QQ blog post where you even admit 'MLG isn't guilty of anything besides being slow- "OH MY HOW HARD THIS IS ON ME AND LEENOCK, OH GOD HOW WILL I CARRY ON".

http://fxoboss.tumblr.com/?67

He did try and keep it professional. He contacted MLG first and they said they'd get back to him on it and they didn't.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Strange since mlg was the tournament that paid the players quick, often before they left. But I guess 50k is a bit different.

Zen

Banned
He did try and keep it professional. He contacted MLG first and they said they'd get back to him on it and they didn't.

He called Dallas and Dallas said he'd get make sure he was updated o n the situation, 48 hours ago, and didn't. It would be different if this was some sketchy tournament, but 1 strike is mighty harsh when you're dealing with a very reputable organization like the MLG. Hell, if I threw a hissy fit every time a business partner said they'd call me back by X date and missed the call back I wouldn't have a job.

Regardless he's acting like a twit by making it public in such a fashion.

ultron87

Hopefully at some point e-sports will mature in such a way that everyone doesn't feel the need to air their dirty laundry in a blog at the first opportunity.

That's been my opinion on him ever since he hit the scene and so far he hasn't done anything to change that, in fact he only reinforced it further.

Pretty sure that transferring $50K to a non US citizen is not as simple as giving him a big bag of cash.

He's still provides a good inside information every now and then, even if he acted like a 16 year old boy trapped in a 35 year old man's body while doing so.

Top Bottom