• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
dWHoY.jpg

Yeah can't say i'm a fan of any of them and their are some that i really hate (like the tempest). I'm hoping there are some huge changes in the beta stage.

Aylinato

I hate every new unit in HOTS :/

Instead of fixing anything they decided to try to do stupid things. Like take out the most emotional units to each race. They took out firebats for terrans, and they took out lurkers to hurt zergs emotional. For Protoss they remove the unit that tassadar himself saved our entire race by focusing his energies through the carrier. The carrier is THE iconic unit for Protoss, all the other iconic units were removed or nerfed(archons were nerfed, they turned dragoons into
Immortals, and they removed corsairs and scouts.

Blizzard does not like iconic units. (nerfs hydras)

Vaporak

I hate every new unit in HOTS :/

From purely a design point of view, without considering how it'll effect balance: I love the Zerg units, think that not giving Terran more barracks/starport units was the right choice, and I hate the Protoss units. Especially the replicant.

jasonng

Instead of fixing anything they decided to try to do stupid things. Like take out the most emotional units to each race. They took out firebats for terrans, and they took out lurkers to hurt zergs emotional. For Protoss they remove the unit that tassadar himself saved our entire race by focusing his energies through the carrier. The carrier is THE iconic unit for Protoss, all the other iconic units were removed or nerfed(archons were nerfed, they turned dragoons into
Immortals, and they removed corsairs and scouts.

Blizzard does not like iconic units. (nerfs hydras)
The most iconic unit is the marine and look how broken that unit is.

I'd be more interested in Blizzard fixing the imbalances in the game before dumping a host of new units into the game, many of whom would most likely be imbalanced as well.

We can start with the fucking Marine

What league are you in again?

Doesn't matter, he's Terran

I'm not really concerned about "iconic" units being removed. Although I would have liked to have seen Carriers buffed or changed instead of being taken out. Remember when no one used Archons? They were buffed and now are quite popular in pro and non-pro play. Why weren't Carriers given similar treatment, along with a Void Ray nerf :p

TheExodu5

Banned
Just finished my placement (haven't played in well over a year). Why did I have to make Platinum? I don't deserve this. ;_;

Quite proud of my last game though. Protoss fast expanded and cannoned my expansion. I decided to go heavy ling + baneling bust quickly and demolished him. Thanks for the inspiration, Leenock!

void rays dont need buffs

I meant nerf. Point being to at least give Carriers a chance to be experimented with. Just a weird decision Blizz's part

I'm fine with Firebat's being gone; I can already imagine balls with Firebats in front, Maraders behind them, and Marines in the very back against Zerg. No thanks

Aylinato

I meant nerf. Point being to at least give Carriers a chance to be experimented with. Just a weird decision Blizz's part

I'm fine with Firebat's being gone; I can already imagine balls with Firebats in front, Maraders behind them, and Marines in the very back against Zerg. No thanks

they removed the firebat to add the maraduer..so pick which one you'd rather have lol

Q8D3vil

terran got firebath back in hots, they call him battle hellion now.

about the discussion between firebath and marauders, it can happen only if tanks are viable in tvp (they need to adjust chargelots and blink to make tanks viable option).

Personally even though i liked the firebat i miss the vulture more. The hellion is a shitty replacement.

about the discussion between firebath and marauders, it can happen only if tanks are viable in tvp (they need to adjust chargelots and blink to make tanks viable option).

Wouldn't firebats help with this problem? Firebats are made to kill zealots whereas marauders are weak against them. Not sure about blink stalkers but i think they aren't as big a problem as immortals or zealots for terran mech.

Aylinato

Make tanks, surround with firebats, press h.

Q8D3vil

Personally even though i liked the firebat i miss the vulture more. The hellion is a shitty replacement.

Wouldn't firebats help with this problem? Firebats are made to kill zealots whereas marauders are weak against them. Not sure about blink stalkers but i think they aren't as big a problem as immortals or zealots for terran mech.

i agree with the vultures hellion thing just because hellions are bad late game units which would not be the case anymore in hots.

vultures, lurkers and reaver would break the game easily without extreme optimization (like tanks from bw to sc2).

i agree with the vultures hellion thing just because hellions are bad late game units which would not be the case anymore in hots.

vultures, lurkers and reaver would break the game easily without extreme optimization (like tanks from bw to sc2).

The changes that would have to be made would benefit the game anyway imo. Personally there are other units that i would like to see come back but i know blizzard would rather go with new units (which is fair enough i guess) so it feels kinda pointless discussing it.

Top Bottom