• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Q8D3vil

stephano is like 10 times better than grubby, outplayed him every game especially the third game where stephano should have lost after the beginning.

zoukka

Yep, I can't fathom why some people make them over void rays, that do good damage to everything zerg has at that point. And that don't take years to build.

How weird is it to see Artosis holding his new child?

9d4uw.jpg

I forget he is 28 and not 23 like myself, but it is still weird to see. He's just a kid.

FoxSpirit

How weird is it to see Artosis holding his new child?

9d4uw.jpg

I forget he is 28 and not 23 like myself, but it is still weird to see. He's just a kid.
With 28 you are a kid?? *laughs*
Boy, I am older and still feel like a kid :-D
A kid which has all the aches and ailments of my age when you don't watch your body :p

FoxSpirit

Man Ret, sooo greedy. Hatch first, 17 pool on Taldarim?? Get Proxy 2 raxed hard.

The question is, will Ret still go for Hatch first next game? Better send a Drone scout this time, Ret. So far I loved Ret's games though, an exercise in Zerg macro.

TheExodu5

Banned
She seems like she'd be cute if she lost a few pounds. Can't be easy to keep weight off during a pregnancy either.

Good on him. Nice to see him raising a family.

Meanwhile Jinro is streaming LoL...

Yeah... you are so out.

D: Has he quit SC2? I haven't followed since GSL Open 3, where he made it to the finals.

fanboi

Banned
She seems like she'd be cute if she lost a few pounds. Can't be easy to keep weight off during a pregnancy either.

D: Has he quit SC2? I haven't followed since GSL Open 3, where he made it to the finals.

No... but he has been a has been since his 4th place in GSL.

Not surprising a player of his level plays LoL.

LOL so true

:lol

Q8D3vil

he didn't make it to the finals, only the semi.
he is still playing sc2 but he is pretty bad at it. i can understand that if he is playing against Koreans but there is no reason for him to lose extremely bad against foreigners in events like mlg and DH.

yeah, i guess bad sc2 players switching to LoL now.
first fd, destiny and now jinro ;P

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Decided to say fuck it and throw my 1 barracks fast expand build into the ladder. Annnnd, I won! It was tough though, this guy put a ton of pressure early on and I had to rebuild and rebuild but I was able to pull it off. Here's the replay if anyone is interested.

http://drop.sc/92335

We all agreed Jinro had simply been left behind by Terran meta game shifts, but that was like a year ago and he still hasn't shown any improvement. At the very least he should be a top foreigner Terran given how long he's been in Korea but that's not the case. The only explanation is that he's not practicing or taking the game seriously

zlatko

Banned
LOL Jinro.

As for Artosis' lady, that's right on the money of what I expected her to look like honestly. Cool to see him with the future Starcraft 3 bonjwa.

V_Arnold

Stephano is the first Zerg where I actually see a lot of amazing micro.
The only other times when there were signs of micro is in ZVZ by a lot of players, but when it comes to ZVT, his micro is incredible.

Although they are saying Idra's ZVT is amazing now, but he could not show it off yet. Well. Gz to him :)

Holden

Dota 2 as well, look at holden.

;] games fun and "hard" not like LoL.

And i have:
5 regions
Name Change
Slightly better replay system
Watch live games
And prob gonna be free

don't hate :]

But ya, i'm pretty much done for sc2 for now, be back playing in Hots i guess

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Stephano is the first Zerg where I actually see a lot of amazing micro.
The only other times when there were signs of micro is in ZVZ by a lot of players, but when it comes to ZVT, his micro is incredible.

Although they are saying Idra's ZVT is amazing now, but he could not show it off yet. Well. Gz to him :)
Stephano like I've said forever actually shows he knows what Zergs need to do sometimes. It's fucking pathetic he's like the only one. SC II pros are a joke.
Decided to say fuck it and throw my 1 barracks fast expand build into the ladder. Annnnd, I won! It was tough though, this guy put a ton of pressure early on and I had to rebuild and rebuild but I was able to pull it off. Here's the replay if anyone is interested.

http://drop.sc/92335
Early pressure is 2 gate zealot stalker chrono'd to kill you when you have 1 marine. Not a 2 gate robo expand 10 minute attack.

Anyway...

1) Build CC in base, morph orbital in base
2) Build bunker on ramp
3) 2 bunkers on low ground, even 3 since you had money
4) Would have instantly won if you had 8 scvs repairing your bunkers and P committed. You can pull workers to defend. You could have countered with 2 medivacs and probably killed his nexus since medifvacs are insanely OP until P has splash damage
5) Added more rax faster, tech immediately with your double gas (you are way behind on tech)
6) Keep SCV production constant
7) Don't stim your whole army to chase, just do 3 marauders
8) After you stim and are fighting make sure all your units are attacking, stutter step into the P army or you just dealt 500 damage to your back units for nothing

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
;] games fun and "hard" not like LoL.

And i have:
5 regions
Name Change
Slightly better replay system
Watch live games
And prob gonna be free

don't hate :]

But ya, i'm pretty much done for sc2 for now, be back playing in Hots i guess

-Drama with brother.

Tashi

Stephano like I've said forever actually shows he knows what Zergs need to do sometimes. It's fucking pathetic he's like the only one. SC II pros are a joke.

Early pressure is 2 gate zealot stalker chrono'd to kill you when you have 1 marine. Not a 2 gate robo expand 10 minute attack.

Anyway...

1) Build CC in base, morph orbital in base
2) Build bunker on ramp
3) 2 bunkers on low ground, even 3 since you had money
4) Would have instantly won if you had 8 scvs repairing your bunkers and P committed. You can pull workers to defend. You could have countered with 2 medivacs and probably killed his nexus since medifvacs are insanely OP until P has splash damage
5) Added more rax faster, tech immediately with your double gas (you are way behind on tech)
6) Keep SCV production constant
7) Don't stim your whole army to chase, just do 3 marauders
8) After you stim and are fighting make sure all your units are attacking, stutter step into the P army or you just dealt 500 damage to your back units for nothing

Honestly I'm not comfortable with not knowing where the scouts and protoss are. I feel like if a Protoss, at least at my level, comes to my base and see a wall he's gonna go throw up a pylon and warp units in while I'm vulnerable. I don't know, maybe it's just a habit/fear I have to deal with and work on but it's so annoying. Also, I was stimming like crazy because all of those medivacs were healing my units nicely.

Thanks for the tips!

jasonng

Honestly I'm not comfortable with not knowing where the scouts and protoss are. I feel like if a Protoss, at least at my level, comes to my base and see a wall he's gonna go throw up a pylon and warp units in while I'm vulnerable. I don't know, maybe it's just a habit/fear I have to deal with and work on but it's so annoying. Also, I was stimming like crazy because all of those medivacs were healing my units nicely.

Thanks for the tips!
This is what I want you to do Tashi. Every time you get nervous, just stop being nervous and realize you're playing an OP race. When the realization hits you, you EMP everything and go fucking kill him.

Tashi

This is what I want you to do Tashi. Every time you get nervous, just stop being nervous and realize you're playing an OP race. When the realization hits you, you EMP everything and go fucking kill him.

lol THAT DOESN'T HELP ME!

Watching Hero's stream, it feels all protoss are still bad at landing the best most efficient FFs.

Only MC can pull off those godly FFs consistently so far

Aylinato

wedge post that youtube video of that scene please.

also infested terrans r sooooooooo boring
i think infestors should spit out broodlings

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

Thanks for the tips!
I don't follow how this plays into anything? Like counter attacking?

You can fucking lift off and MMM is invinicble and you kill Nexus in 3 seconds

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
It's not that easy bro. Protoss can cheese easily.

-You can negate a cannon rush just by lifting off
-You can negate DT cheese with a single missile turret and a couple scans.
-You can negate 4-gate with a couple of bunkers (at your level most protoss probably won't have the apm to FF them from being repaired)
-You can stop a two gate in a similar manner (unless you allow it to be placed inside your base, in which case. Shame on you)

Terran has some of the best defense in the game.

Edit, saw this on Reddit.

6xJn1.png

Top Bottom