• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
*turns on incontrols stream*
-AFK with webcam staring at nothing

*checks it out a bit later*
-observer strifeco vs axslav or something like that....

*goes back to stream an hour later*
-He is playing with dog in background

*goes back an hour later again*
-Nothing...OH WAIT....he is doing AMA now to "kill time"

sigh...wait hero is streaming wtf ;;

Corran Horn

Xeris posting some info on salaries in this thread about Golden leaving SlayerS...interesting stuff I guess
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=303605
This is absolutely true, most of the Koreans you see here on TL with the "I'm leaving my awesome Korean team to find a foreign team," usually have the following:

a) little/no significant results
b) very unrealistic expectations of how much money foreigners have
c) even more unrealistic salary expectations
d) little / no desire to actually go out and find a team (they just expect offers to come to them)

Apparently this is bad form, but it's been quoted anywho... welp ~_~

So crazy -- its why almost all the Koreans who post about looking for foreign team, still haven't found one T_T

On January 16 2012 16:42 Xeris wrote:
I.E. I know when I was still with Fnatic, we approached Sleep, and he was asking for something in the range of $1.5k .. I know Sangho is currently looking for something along the lines of $3k .
Wow those are pretty high numbers. 0_o

Anyone that pays $3k for SangHo is out of their minds.

Hence why neither of them have found teams.

Monthly (not daily, lulz :D)

Those figures are NOT close to being what most pros actually make, mind you.

Salary ranges are like:

GOD1 -- probably an even ungodlier amount! (jk i actually have no clue, but I'm making an assumption that his personal intel sponsorship is huge)

GOD2 -- ungodly amount

TIER 1 players -- around 30-50k per year range (rough estimate)

TIER 2 -- around 15-25k per year range

High skilled but less "famous" pros (aka TIER 3) -- probably 5-10k per year range

Most pro contracts have the salary + sponsor gear + flights paid for. I'm sure some people who go to Korea also have living expenses paid.

So MOSTLY, the salary is just pocketed by the player. Plus if youre a pro, realistically you are: in your late teens / early 20's... don't have much to spend your money on anyways, so making anywhere from 10-50k is pretty sick and much more than most people of comparable age make unless they're engineers

edit: also dragon is leaving slayers :eek: Although that really didnt do much for him
@slayersdragon
Jeon YongSoo
i leave SlayersTeam T_T

Q8D3vil

Monthly (not daily, lulz :D)

Those figures are NOT close to being what most pros actually make, mind you.

Salary ranges are like:

GOD1 Boxer -- probably an even ungodlier amount! (jk i actually have no clue, but I'm making an assumption that his personal intel sponsorship is huge)

GOD2 -HUK- ungodly amount

TIER 1 players -Idra-Puma-Naniwa- around 30-50k per year range (rough estimate)

TIER 2 -Select/Morrow- around 15-25k per year range

High skilled but less "famous" pros (aka TIER 3) -- probably 5-10k per year range

i read it before he edited out.
there was other tier2 players but i don't remember them.

Deadly

Boxer was obvious from the mention of the Intel sponsorship. I also assumed Huk was second. Sucks for guys like MVP and Nestea. It's a good thing they earn alot of tournament money.

Deadly

idra and huk both stated that they earn from salary a 6 digit number.
Huk seems to be from rumours but Idra too? Damn. I thought he'd be more of the top tier guy. I mean when he was signed with EG wasn't he just the guy that trained in Korea fulltime? Guess they had alot of expectations from him and they came out all true or even better..

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Huk seems to be from rumours but Idra too? Damn. I thought he'd be more of the top tier guy. I mean when he was signed with EG wasn't he just the guy that trained in Korea fulltime? Guess they had alot of expectations from him and they came out all true or even better..

and the best foreigner brood war player of all time.

TheExodu5

Banned
So...what do I do against mass sentry/stalker as Zerg? I just got demolished because there was absolutely nothing I could do against forcefields. My main was cut off for several minutes while he whittled down my expansion.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Why aren't reapers used in the meaty part of an army? You would think they could cause a lot of trouble by climbing on to cliffs and even darting off into the opponents base.

TheExodu5

Banned
Why aren't reapers used in the meaty part of an army? You would think they could cause a lot of trouble by climbing on to cliffs and even darting off into the opponents base.

I assume because medivacs + marines are a much better and more versatile harassment option.

Q8D3vil

-extremely long build time for 1 food unit.
-need techlab.

thorzain did a crazy mass reaper in SCI4 and it worked but the protoss attacked at an extremely bad angle.

zoukka

So...what do I do against mass sentry/stalker as Zerg? I just got demolished because there was absolutely nothing I could do against forcefields. My main was cut off for several minutes while he whittled down my expansion.

You just have to scout when the push will come and start roach production in time. Spines will help in lower leagues so much.

TheExodu5

Banned
You just have to scout when the push will come and start roach production in time. Spines will help in lower leagues so much.

That's basically what I did...I guess I just didn't have my spines far out enough, as he was able to get in range of my main ramp.

TheExodu5

Banned
I guess at the very least my loss was due mostly to control and not macro. That's comforting.

I did my placement matched and placed platinum...I figured I shouldn't have placed so high but I've been doing okay since. Beat a Diamond ranked player and just lost to that 1st rank Platinum. Can't be too unhappy about that.

Oh, and did they remove losses in the stats now? I'm assuming that's their solution to the competitive intimidation factor facing a lot of players?

Apus

Neo Member

Assuming this is the bog standard 6 gate push, one hard counter to it is burrowed Roaches. The standard 6 gate typically doesn't come with a Robo Bay as it slows it down too much (there are variation that do come with a Robo, however) so without detection against burrow Roaches the Toss eithier loses then and there or has to immediately back up and get detection.

Really you need to scout to see what kind of push it is and react that way. 3-4 Spines will never go amiss against any kind of 6 gate. I think the main key is to just be patient. Try and engage him early to bait out some FFs and generally slow the push down and then once he's at your door don't just get a rush of blood and attack straight away. It's a powerful push so you have to be very careful about how you engage it.

Corran Horn

my_little_zergling_by_trotsworth-d4meka4.png

Deadman

"oh some thors, i shall simply fly my mutas over these 40 marines so i can magic box them"

anyone know when these matches took place?

edit: found out, it was just after he got to korea.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
"oh some thors, i shall simply fly my mutas over these 40 marines so i can magic box them"

anyone know when these matches took place?
He already gave up since he had equal food which meant 40 food more terran army.
Backstab cleaned up units but couldn't deal enough damage to buildings and then come back to defend the third. It was a good move, but marines inbetween buildings are too strong yo.

Deadman

He already gave up since he had equal food which meant 40 food more terran army.
Backstab cleaned up units but couldn't deal enough damage to buildings and then come back to defend the third. It was a good move, but marines inbetween buildings are too strong yo.

Yeah when people crash a load of banes in to scvs it makes me die a little inside, its never worth it unless its like 2 for 20. Most of the time they spend every bane killing scvs and then they lose the game shortly after.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yeah when people crash a load of banes in to scvs it makes me die a little inside, its never worth it unless its like 2 for 20. Most of the time they spend every bane killing scvs and then they lose the game shortly after.
Not much else to do with them since marines will just pop and target them though :/

Maybe lay some mines on the way / retreat?

Good TvZ always looks impossible to defend against. Mainly because Zergs don't split their banes and engage right, but still.
Every time I see 20 banes rolling together it actually means that they want to lose. There is no excuse. NONE

Finally some roach pressure/all-in.
Zerg all-ins, looks like Terran early pressure.

Top Bottom