• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Holden

So um yeah how about that SC2 game it's pretty cool.

sc2Gaf cycle: pony time!
my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-pinkies-gonna-pink.gif

Zen

Banned
So I broke my monitor after losing a bunch of games. I think I'm going to put a parental time lock on SCII from now on.

Jeff-DSA

Took some months off there, but I'm ready to get back into SC2. I started making the switch to Zerg, and was liking it, but I think I'm going to keep Terran as my main rather than be a full blown race traitor.

I still like Zerg more, but I'll hold off from making that switch completely until HoTS hits. I'm still horrible at dealing with Zerg on the ladder, but I think it's probably better in the long run to improve my TvZ rather than run from it.

Jeff-DSA

Hoooolyyyyyy crap I suck.

I can't believe how badly your skills tarnish without regular play. I wasn't great before, but I'd lose 9 times out of 10 to my former self. There's a lull in big game releases here, so maybe I can get back into good SC2 shape, but it feels like I'm a long ways from where I once was.

Just beat a guy on the ladder who went mass Reapers into Banshees. What moron would ever think that such a build could be in any way effective against a Tank/Viking/Raven build? He got sour at the end and starting flying his CCs and buildings around and made me go take them out. What a waste of time.

FoxSpirit

So I broke my monitor after losing a bunch of games. I think I'm going to put a parental time lock on SCII from now on.
You are going after Yoshi's throne, aren't you.

Hoooolyyyyyy crap I suck.

I can't believe how badly your skills tarnish without regular play. I wasn't great before, but I'd lose 9 times out of 10 to my former self. There's a lull in big game releases here, so maybe I can get back into good SC2 shape, but it feels like I'm a long ways from where I once was.

Just beat a guy on the ladder who went mass Reapers into Banshees. What moron would ever think that such a build could be in any way effective against a Tank/Viking/Raven build? He got sour at the end and starting flying his CCs and buildings around and made me go take them out. What a waste of time.
Well, seems you still have your builds down. Then the Teamliquid multitasking trainer really brings things up to speed quickly and Darglein's Micro trainer does the other half. Finally beat the multitasking on very easy :p

Jeff-DSA

You are going after Yoshi's throne, aren't you.

Well, seems you still have your builds down. Then the Teamliquid multitasking trainer really brings things up to speed quickly and Darglein's Micro trainer does the other half. Finally beat the multitasking on very easy :p

Thanks, I'll download the trainers.

Also, glad to see that the Yoshichan rage meme is still going. Hah.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I destroy zerg army, and all his expos. All he has is main. All throughout my head is...WHERE IS THAT HIDDEN BASE

...he was just on one base and didnt gg

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk

That sounds like what I do. When I give up, I lift and hide all my buildings, then queue a bunch of scattered supply depots for him to find. Then I walk away from the computer and do something productive like going to the gym or making dinner. I don't take the game seriously, obviously, and meanwhile the poor guy is raging =P

Damn Day9

Nothing has made me feel quite as inadequate as trying to play text twist with him playing in the background rattling off all the words he is spelling and gettin over 100k score lol

Vaporak

Cant beat zerg today...sigh :/
Bad day on ladder overall although I do move up a bit to rank 7 from 10 ;;

I'm the opposite, got on ladder and can't beat a T to save my life. I've gotten back into the swing of things in PvZ, but I still have terrible instincts in PvT.

Corran Horn

I'm the opposite, got on ladder and can't beat a T to save my life. I've gotten back into the swing of things in PvZ, but I still have terrible instincts in PvT.

Im normally good against zerg...just not today...But today was horrible for me. Lost a bunch of games to everyone. Lost a PvP to a delayed Korean 4gate, lost a base trade to terran when i had the larger army, zergs learn spire units are good, etc etc ;;

edit: I swear I havnt seen incontrol play a game in last few days. All he does is observer his teammates playing each other and streaming it :(
And that stupid EG border blocks all the useful information for observing a game.

Jeff-DSA

That sounds like what I do. When I give up, I lift and hide all my buildings, then queue a bunch of scattered supply depots for him to find. Then I walk away from the computer and do something productive like going to the gym or making dinner. I don't take the game seriously, obviously, and meanwhile the poor guy is raging =P

:/

That's like the worst of BM.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I dunno, sounds like you are pretty mad and can't take it that you lost.
Passive aggressive and not cool.

As mentioned you're the one who comes off as a sore loser here. Also i find the players who say that to me (i don't take the game seriously cause i have a life lololol) are the one who are usually the most angry.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
why u mad tho?

Striek

Better zergs wait until you're at like the Xel'Naga tower before they send them in. No depot wall for toss and no risk of banelings at the top of the ramp, and you didn't have a cannon so even if you managed a pro last second zealot warp-in to save main so your expansion Nexus would've gone bye-bye. Zerg just needed a little more patience!

Gosu forcefields though. Edit: And sexy points:win ratio right there. How do you have dudes who have already played 400+ games in season 5 in your division o_O Goddamn you think Blizzard would give them a promotion from sheer mercy.

Corran Horn

Better zergs wait until you're at like the Xel'Naga tower before they send them in. No depot wall for toss and no risk of banelings at the top of the ramp, and you didn't have a cannon so even if you managed a pro last second zealot warp-in to save main so your expansion Nexus would've gone bye-bye. Zerg just needed a little more patience!

Gosu forcefields though.

He did wait until I was at the tower, warped a zealot into my wall to main and pulled probes so he couldnt really do anything. He was gonna target my nexus but pulled back and bam

Striek

He did wait until I was at the tower, warped a zealot into my wall to main and pulled probes so he couldnt really do anything. He was gonna target my nexus but pulled back and bam
Oh rly. Silly zerg should take the Nexus and build lolzer amount of spines as you have to basically all-in.

Tntnnbltn

So much drama up in this bitch...

On January 18 2012 15:45 ToD wrote:
aLive hasn't joined us actually....

VirgilSC2 United States. January 18 2012 16:06. Posts 3702 Profile #
Considering I had multiple sources confirm the aLive > Fnatic thing independently, I'm finding it hard to believe what ToD posted.

Sorry ToD.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Sounds like he doesn't know how to manage a team if he keeps losing players.
He's an odd personality, but I don't think I would say that.
He was the assistant coach for MBC Game in Brood War (iirc) and I got to watch a lot of him in 'Hyungjoon becomes a Progamer'. Good show. Hyungjoon is a kpop guy.

Here's a nice section of it with Coach Lee. Hit the 'cc' button for subtitles.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VavXR8IEEUQ#t=2923s

*It's also a good watch if you are interested in aspects of a BW pro-gaming house and practice area since they stay with MBC Game.

but even in BW coaching was different form managing players, schedules, contracts and all that jazz right ?

I don't think there is another team who lost as much high profile players as much as TSL.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
but even in BW coaching was different form managing players, schedules, contracts and all that jazz right ?

I don't think there is another team who lost as much high profile players as much as TSL.
Absolutely different. And I think a much different mindset as well. Much more player entitlement in II. You didn't really have that mobility or money in BW.

I'm not sure what his delegations were, but he was on that team for a while.

Tntnnbltn

Statement from Fnatic:
The last few hours have created a lot of discussion on Fnatic, TSL, Coach Lee and aLive. Today Coach Lee announced that Fnatic have officially contracted aLive and as such we have already taken him in our roster. He has also spoken about how we approached him about a house share, somewhere for our players to train and we ended up stealing aLive from him. We feel it is only fair to share our side of the story as a lot of accusations have come up against Fnatic stealing players

The truth is that we had been talking to Coach Lee for a few months about potentially sharing his house and paying for the training and beds. Coach Lee had been most encouraging and enthusiastic with this idea and we fully respect his skills as a manager. It is also true that at this time we were approached by other Korean teams who had expressed interest in working with us. Eventually we decided to not go ahead with a house sharing deal as it was too expensive and we realised we could maybe do things in a different way for 2012. We did not even finalize our terms.

aLive is a fantastic player and we admire his skill, aLive did chat to our translator - Brian Hyun Choi , who is his friend, never with a formal offer it was a casual conversation between two friends. It is important to note that we have not signed any contract with aLive as we know he has a contract with TSL. We are in fact very sad that things had to take a public recourse as communication between TSL and Fnatic had never broken down. It seems Mr Lee wants to close the door.

Furthermore aLive never decided to leave TSL for Fnatic he left the team house out of his own personal reasons with Coach Lee and those are not related to us, neither do we have any interest in knowing the reasons.

In conclusion we highly respect both Mr Lee and aLives talents, and from Fnatic's side we will strive to work for an amicable deal with Coach Lee.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
*play peepmode*
*beat 3 masters in a row eZ*
*load up chat log to see what people were saying during my games*
*everyone was saying my decision making is weird/doesnt make sense*
;_;

Top Bottom