• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Holden

if i could bet any player on who ever would do better after practicing a lot in a prohouse, i'd bet all my (small) amount of money on destiny.

his laziness is just pulling him back

i'd take about it w/ u on steam but my steam is dead for some reason :-/

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
if i could bet any player on who ever would do better after practicing a lot in a prohouse, i'd bet all my (small) amount of money.

his laziness is just pulling him back
most improvable, yeah i'd agree with you there.

got past those archers btw!

Zzoram

Flash looked ok, still had sloppy play, even if he beats Last I can't see him beating By.Rain who is playing like the best Protoss in the world.

(._.)

Banned
Cheering for Rain this season to win both GSL and OSL. Guy is probably training so much. His last matches in the GSL were so sick. His next opponent could be one of the other players I cheer for (leenock and squirtle). Gonna be hard to see rain or one of my favs go out.

Sorta hoping for a Taeja vs Rain finals but there is any number of finals that are still possible which could end up being great.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Just had my first rush victory woo!
I just sent my SCVs at him and micro'd him to death.
aqRks.gif

Mairu

kr august.

PvZ 60%
PvT 61.42%
ZvT 46.8%

nerf zerg.

It feels like the Korean statistics are generally much less reliable than international if you're going to extrapolate any sort of balance from them. There aren't that many players in GSL and while the addition of OSL will add some to that, that's still not that much data. It's a big contrast to international tournaments where there are daily/weekly/monthly leagues/cups/etc along with multiple weekend tournaments in multiple regions.

It feels like the Korean statistics are generally much less reliable than international if you're going to extrapolate any sort of balance from them. There aren't that many players in GSL and while the addition of OSL will add some to that, that's still not that much data. It's a big contrast to international tournaments where there are daily/weekly/monthly leagues/cups/etc along with multiple weekend tournaments in multiple regions.

and that is exactly why the international ones are worthless, tons of baddies swimming and pissing in the pool.

Unless somebody takes the time to extract only the major weekend events from the pool (mlg, iem..etc) and combine them with the korean starleagues, I'll take the small sample korean stat every time.

Mairu

and that is exactly why the international ones are worthless, tons of baddies swimming and pissing in the pool.

Unless somebody takes the time to extract only the major weekend events from the pool (mlg, iem..etc) and combine them with the korean starleagues, I'll take the small sample korean stat every time.

But the small sample stats mean much less in terms of race and much more in terms of individual player skill. I don't see the point in trying to take racial balance from that. I mean, generalizing, even if we took out those "worthless" ones it wouldn't change the huge difference between Terran success historically in KR versus Terran success historically internationally.

Not that it matters really when people only like those stats to justify their complaints about whatever race they're playing :p

(._.)

Banned
Just had my first rush victory woo!
I just sent my SCVs at him and micro'd him to death.

LOL

nonstandard stuff like that reminds me of a game I played last night.

Think I was playing against a smurf because this guy was being mad greedy and cocky with his play. Was on entombed valley cross positions. He got a engineer bay super fast and took like 3 fast expansions as planetary fortresses. I just got a forge and took a couple more bases myself while playing less greedy. made a 200/200 carrier army.

Flew around the map and killed his 8+ bases . All he had was a few ravens and a ton of banshees. never scouted my stargates LOL.

But the small sample stats mean much less in terms of race and much more in terms of individual player skill. I don't see the point in trying to take racial balance from that. I mean, generalizing, even if we took out those "worthless" ones it wouldn't change the huge difference between Terran success historically in KR versus Terran success historically internationally.

Not that it matters really when people only like those stats to justify their complaints about whatever race they're playing :p

I agree for the most part.

The game is at a point where it's really well balanced with good maps and refined builds, it mostly comes down to player skill and some luck for the most part these days, but people love their numbers and %s and cry/damage control every month, kinda like a mini npd thread.

As for the image posted, I've only did it by eye and only counted the champions but I think the count is 4-4-4 since the queen patch was put in game.

Mairu

I agree for the most part.

The game is at a point where it's really well balanced with good maps and refined builds, it mostly comes down to player skill and some luck for the most part these days, but people love their numbers and %s and cry/damage control every month, kinda like a mini npd thread.

As for the image posted, I've only did it by eye and only counted the champions but I think the count is 4-4-4 since the queen patch was put in game.

That's a great comparison

(._.)

Banned
I wanna see DRG vs Rain. DRG has fallen off a bit lately but I think he has it in him to make these finals. I would say MC but I don't want another GSL finals like with seed ~_~

Top Bottom