• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Zzoram

Anyone hear about sc2 free to play? wouldn't that make the game unbalanced?

They just need to charge for custom unit skins (like the CE Thor with spikey shoulders) that are cosmetic, do paid name changes, and paid unlock to other servers.

Also, maybe they can do weekly battle.net semi-automated tournaments with a $1 entry fee and 90% of the money goes into the prize pool or something.

All of that can be done without affecting balance.

They just need to charge for custom unit skins (like the CE Thor with spikey shoulders) that are cosmetic, do paid name changes, and paid unlock to other servers.

Also, maybe they can do weekly battle.net semi-automated tournaments with a $1 entry fee and 90% of the money goes into the prize pool or something.

All of that can be done without affecting balance.

skins and stuff could be cool as long as they don't ftp. i really don't like that for most games.

Mairu

Anyone hear about sc2 free to play? wouldn't that make the game unbalanced?

You can't really come to this conclusion without having any actual details about what free to play would mean to Blizzard/SC2. Who knows what they will eventually decide to do to implement f2p, but considering Blizzard's speed at development I don't expect anything in the near future.

Lucky kiss ruined Taeja's chances :(

Yoshichan

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I been selected for a beta! ...planetside 2... :(

Didnt even remember signing up for that...oh well.

Need to catch up on dreamhack. Anything special to watch? Ive seen Stephano/TaeJa and thats about it besides the last game of Stephano/ForGG. Was gonna watch finals here soon though.

Mairu

I been selected for a beta! ...planetside 2... :(

Didnt even remember signing up for that...oh well.

Need to catch up on dreamhack. Anything special to watch? Ive seen Stephano/TaeJa and thats about it besides the last game of Stephano/ForGG. Was gonna watch finals here soon though.

I will be happy to take that beta off your hands. :p

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I will be happy to take that beta off your hands. :p

I think its tied to my account -.-

Trying to get into it but forgot user id. Got that but dont know password. Reset password but my new password doesnt work. So redoing it but now getting error on confirmation so I cant get into my account....ahhhh good ole internets

Yoshichan

I just checked my mail and saw that you were streaming Holden... why didn't you say anything?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
think_logically.png

fanboi

Banned
Are you sure?

I've heard it was the worst game ever made from at least a dozen people.
I'm not kidding.

Really?

I got a beta key on a slump and I must say... its damn damn fun.

It sucks if you go all alone Rambo style... you will not achive anything.

fanboi

Banned
Except they are great at it too.

Cynics, the lot of you :p

Well, most people I have talked with thinks the game is great.

Also, they just released a patch that brought HUGE content to the game... also, majority of the content isn't in the game just yet I belive.

Yoshichan

I might pick up SC2 if I like this trial version.
Anyone know any basic Terran strategies?
Start making workers and when you get money for it, build three barracks. Get a gas and saturate it as-well (with three workers). At this point, the three barracks should be done. Pump out marines from them, and build additional tech on them (reactor or techlab). Go for reactor and just keep double-pumping out marines.

edit: Don't forget to attack-move into your enemies (press A and click behind the enemy line). Don't single-click enemies, or they'll clump up and try focusing fire. That's not good in most situations :3

ultron87

I got into the Planetside beta but keep forgetting to play it. Getting deep into Tribes at about the same time as I got into that probably didn't help. All other FPSes just seem so slow and pedestrian.

Start making workers and when you get money for it, build three barracks. Get a gas and saturate it as-well (with three workers). At this point, the three barracks should be done. Pump out marines from them, and build additional tech on them (reactor or techlab). Go for reactor and just keep double-pumping out marines.

edit: Don't forget to attack-move into your enemies (press A and click behind the enemy line). Don't single-click enemies, or they'll clump up and try focusing fire. That's not good in most situations :3

Okay, how do I deal with zerg drone rush?
I guess some micro, but I only managed to pump out one marine while being under attack and it was quickly killed.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Okay, how do I deal with zerg drone rush?
I guess some micro, but I only managed to pump out one marine while being under attack and it was quickly killed.

drone rush? you select your workers, hit A and then click an empty piece of ground near the attacking drones.

Three actions, You will win everytime.

also, build your first supply depot and baracks at your ramp, like this.
UBhHU.jpg

so build supply depot -> barracks -> supply depot.

drone rush? you select your workers, hit A and then click an empty piece of ground near the attacking drones.

Three actions, You will win everytime.

also, build your first supply depot and baracks at your ramp, like this.
UBhHU.jpg

so build supply depot -> barracks -> supply depot.

Alright, gotcha.
I'll play a couple of other matches and try placing my buildings like in that pic.

Got into a match against another noob terran, and it went pretty great I'd say. We built the same amount of units, but I had upgraded my marines and had a bunker nearby to cower in when he attacked me.

HoTS beta - whats the point of it since almost no one plays apparently...

I was in the WoL quite early and there were far more people in it. Obviously that was a new game whereas this is an expansion, but it's still odd. Usually there are like 100 people on, but it's hard to find any in ques.

profit

Nooooo, previous season I was silver the entire time, on a pretty long win streak before the end of the season.
Jus did my placement match (which I won), and they put me back into bronze....

BLIZAAAAAAAAAAAARD!!!!! *shakes fist*

Top Bottom