• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

(._.)

Banned
He lists a lot of concerns regarding the physics engine and the core design of the game. Doubt many of them will ever be altered since so much of how the game works is built off of them. They would have to make a new game. I think we still have a long time till SC2 is in it's prime regarding balance and fun factor. It's still a fun game though to play casually on ladder.

Deadman

So whats been established so far: When they told the players about the tournament they said $10,000 price purse then changed it to 10k for first only. They were also not told it was PPV only. Stephano pulled out because he didnt like these changes.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
So whats been established so far: When they told the players about the tournament they said $10,000 price purse then changed it to 10k for first only. They were also not told it was PPV only. Stephano pulled out because he didnt like this.

10k for first place is kinda crappy when KeSPA is making money no matter what :/

MLG boasts the plane tickets but Scoots nailed it with that most players dont give a shit about plane tickets since teams provide them anyway.

Also I dislike how much Wheat doesnt get how much replay casts suck.

Deadman

Wtf is he talking about "we want to make it free, but we cant. so we priced it as low as we can. we can make it free in 2013". Secret illuminati setting his prices for him?

Why is it winner take all? "you can like it or dislike it, whatever, thats what we are doing"

Corran Horn

Wtf is he talking about "we want to make it free, but we cant. so we priced it as low as we can. we can make it free in 2013". Secret illuminati setting his prices for him?

Why is it winner take all? "you can like it or dislike it, whatever, thats what we are doing"

They must have to pay KeSPA to use their players/license so in order to break even they have to charge $10. It almost feels like this is kinda rushed like there is some sort of clause in their KeSPA/MLG contract that stipulates that they need to do X amount of tournaments in Y amount of time with their players.

Mairu

Man that is old lol

r/sc is like a revolving door

but the game just came out so I can understand why it got posted again
Director of Esports/Community leaves blizzard! gasp
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/10inxr/ilja_rotelli_director_of_community_and_esports/

I sometimes am surprised they actually have an esports division.

This guy is responsible for WCS, so I am sad :|
10k for first place is kinda crappy when KeSPA is making money no matter what :/

MLG boasts the plane tickets but Scoots nailed it with that most players dont give a shit about plane tickets since teams provide them anyway.

Also I dislike how much Wheat doesnt get how much replay casts suck.
I agree with that, I have no desire to pay $10 for a replay casted online tournament lacking the best international players with a dumb bizarre format.

Corran Horn

GSL World Championship Brackets for NA
x8zBD.png

GSL World Championship Brackets for EU
yHtyX.png

Seeds are by popularity.

Corran Horn

Poor sase

1 Grubby 8,453
2 ThorZaIN 7,435
3 Nerchio 4,962
4 White-Ra 4,962
5 LucifroN 4,700
6 TLO 3,920
7 VortiX 3,430
8 Ret 3,157
9 DeMusliM 2,738
10 MaNa 2,709
11 Dimaga 2,571
12 Snute 2,433
13 Kas 2,160
14 HasuObs 2,099
15 sLivko 1,951
16 Socke 1,859
--------------------------------------
17 SaSe 1,741

Corran Horn

EU loves Esports more than NA/SEA

1 Sen 7,718
2 Scarlett 5,610
3 IdrA 4,734
4 HuK 4,028
5 Sheth 1,857
6 MaJoR 1,377
7 Illusion 871
8 Moonglade 757
9 QXC 756
10 Suppy 751
11 NonY 615
12 Desrow 597
13 ViBE 523
14 Axslav 508
15 CatZ 498
16 PiG 426

1 Grubby 8,453
2 ThorZaIN 7,435
3 Nerchio 4,962
4 White-Ra 4,962
5 LucifroN 4,700
6 TLO 3,920
7 VortiX 3,430
8 Ret 3,157
9 DeMusliM 2,738
10 MaNa 2,709
11 Dimaga 2,571
12 Snute 2,433
13 Kas 2,160
14 HasuObs 2,099
15 sLivko 1,951
16 Socke 1,859

The sheer amount of votes EU got is pretty large lol.

Mairu

EU loves Esports more than NA/SEA

The sheer amount of votes EU got is pretty large lol.

It was tough to decide who to vote for in NA because almost all the choices are bad. That EU bracket looks insane, I hope we get a decent stream (and it's not best of 1...)

Zzoram

I really don't like Sundance. He is always full of shit when he talks.

Corran Horn

He wanted to go to a foreigner team before, and even with his recent sloppiness he would be a good get.

Even with his sloppiness he is a Code A/Code S player. Great pickup for any team.

Ill be sad for people like Puzzle/Alicia. I hope they get good teams (and puzzle recovers from illness)

Always feels awkward when they talk to people since the MLG high ups are very well trained in public speaking. They tend to dominate those conversations pretty well and make the other people seem like they are just yelling lol.

Mairu

Wasn't Sundance, was MLG Lee, but they all pretty much carry the same kind of bullshit when they talk.
Even with his sloppiness he is a Code A/Code S player. Great pickup for any team.

Ill be sad for people like Puzzle/Alicia. I hope they get good teams (and puzzle recovers from illness)

Always feels awkward when they talk to people since the MLG high ups are very well trained in public speaking. They tend to dominate those conversations pretty well and make the other people seem like they are just yelling lol.
Any conversation on Lo3 involves Wheat/Slasher/Scoots yelling :p

Corran Horn

Wasn't Sundance, was MLG Lee, but they all pretty much carry the same kind of bullshit when they talk.

Any conversation on Lo3 involves Wheat/Slasher/Scoots yelling :p

Scoots yelling. Slasher trying to bs with questions. and Wheat being on the interviewees side.

GSL posted this on facebook. I laughed

http://www.gomtv.net/2010gslopens1/vod/1079

TaeJa vs Fruitdealer back in Season 1. Shows how far the game has gone (...i miss you fruitdealer ;;)

It's amazing. Zergs right back in season 1 were using burrowed banelings and yet still pretty much only a small handful of zergs manage to do it now.

Also my desktop background is still the zerg fruit picture they made for fruitdealer after he won ;;. It's been that way since season 1.

If he wanted to qualify he should have cheesed some people in the beta, then he would be 6th.

How long has Sase been in Korea failing to qualify for the GSL? TLO came just as close as he did. I would like to see Sase in it but it's his own fault he is missing out.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
It's amazing. Zergs right back in season 1 were using burrowed banelings and yet still pretty much only a small handful of zergs manage to do it now.

Also my desktop background is still the zerg fruit picture they made for fruitdealer after he won ;;. It's been that way since season 1.

How long has Sase been in Korea failing to qualify for the GSL? TLO came just as close as he did. I would like to see Sase in it but it's his own fault he is missing out.
Yep thats the sttart up image on my laptop

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Do people think there is a difference between online casted games being played "live" and ones that are off replays ?

There is a difference but either way they're not interesting. If the players aren't at the tournament i can barely bring myself to care (and the players seem to feel pretty similar to that).

There is a difference but either way they're not interesting. If the players aren't at the tournament i can barely bring myself to care (and the players seem to feel pretty similar to that).

What's the difference ?

This is what made me ask the question, I personally don't watch a lot of online tourneys (almost none tbh) with how much you get with GSL/GSTL and now almost every weekend now has a major EU/NA LAN event with solid players it pretty impossible to sit and watch people cast with each other over skype.

However, I am interested whenever the subject of online tournaments comes up, there seems to be this notion that an online game casted over skype is better than another as long as it is "live" and not a replay, and I can not see the reason in that at all.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
What's the difference ?

This is what made me ask the question, I personally don't watch a lot of online tourneys (almost none tbh) with how much you get with GSL/GSTL and now almost every weekend now has a major EU/NA LAN event with solid players it pretty impossible to sit and watch people cast with each other over skype.

However, I am interested whenever the subject of online tournaments comes up, there seems to be this notion that an online game casted over skype is better than another as long as it is "live" and not a replay, and I can not see the reason in that at all.

typed a giant long winded answer.. but i think

Tape a football game and watch it
watch a football game live on tv.

it comes down to that.

What's the difference ?

It just feels different knowing that the game has already happened. Regardless i pretty much just avoid onling tournaments now so it's hard for me to comment.

Li Kao

- Hello guys. I have a question to ask about Starcraft 2 and as this is the OT for the game, well... I do not want to annoy, so if the question is not at the right place, let me know -

Having in my possession an unused collector edition of the game and being in a relatively bad financial situation I tought about selling it. It is not a 'sell post', my question is :
I just installed and played the Starcraft 1 + Add-On for old times sake, and... if I sell this collector edition, will the buyer be able to install and play it also, or is there DRM-fun on the horizon ?
When I installed it on an old OS, I saw that the CD-Key seems to be linked to a name you enter. But today I tried another install (didn't validate it thought) and the install program let me enter another name.

So what ? Is the game impossible to resell or not ? I don't want to speculate on the game and will certainly not charge too much for it, but will I have to lower even more the price because of an unusable Starcraft 1 ?

(._.)

Banned
He can play sc and on bnet but he wont be able to add it to his bnet 2.0 account (w/e) where he can download the game whenever he wants. anybody confirm this?

Mairu

What's the difference ?

Ambiguity over when the games were actually played. For example, in early NASL seasons, games were often a month old. At the rate that players rise and fall and builds get popular and go down, it's not as entertaining to watch when the results and plays don't match up with what's currently happening... but I don't really watch online tournaments anymore either, outside of a few random occasional things if I'm bored.

Zzoram

I watch a lot less now mostly because I don't have time to watch so much anymore.

Games I make an effort to watch are basically any bigger name KeSPA player vs a big name ESF/foreign player.

Top Bottom