• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

It'll be hard initially since you're just coming back while the general skill level at your mmr went up but you'll even out real soon (within 10 games probably since you played quite a few).

MMR reset would probably be a bad idea due to all the people who would reset just to beat up on less skilled players or obtain portraits.

Yea, good point. I guess the unranked option in HoTS is the best answer.

(._.)

Banned
Just purchased a copy on here from a fellow gaffer for $20

Called my store and they didn't have any in stock :\

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yip. I'm a new player entering the world of SC2 today. What should I expect?
Marines
Stalkers and Colossus
Infestors and Broodlords
Stalker, colossi, infestors and broods are too high of a tier. More like:

Marines
Zealots
Zerglings

Eventually you'll get to fight baneling busts. And that's it!

Welcome to Starcraft 2 :) I'm Yoshi and I'll be your guide through this hellhole!

fanboi

Banned
I'm doing reasearch in eSport and I need to know:

Turnover for eSports total
How many officiall games are played per month? (Around)

Can't find for shit

zlatko

Banned
Yip. I'm a new player entering the world of SC2 today. What should I expect?

Being overwhelmed.

If you have no RTS experience, then prepare to be extremely overwhelmed and feel like you are learning an entirely new language and skill from scratch.

I see you have a TTT2 avatar, so if you ever had to learn the fighting genre from scratch in the last few years, then take that and multiply by 1000.

Above all though the game is extremely rewarding and fun. You just honestly have to give up a lot of time in order to start to see results in the game.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Hes hosting the lol season 2 finals, i think they are this weekend

Huh, interesting. He does have the stage experience I guess so that's good. So long as he's not casting I don't think you guys need to freak out.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
League of Legends: Season 2 - World Championship | Playoffs begin October 4

i3yaZaQ4leuTH.gif

Blizzard

Banned
So many new people in here o_o is it because of the $10 deal?
Yep, I just got it from someone else on GAF for $15 because of that deal.

I joined the "NeoGAF" chat channel ingame but only one other person was there. I guess I'll have to find the right chat channel, or assume no one plays anymore. :p

Vaporak

Yep, I just got it from someone else on GAF for $15 because of that deal.

I joined the "NeoGAF" chat channel ingame but only one other person was there. I guess I'll have to find the right chat channel, or assume no one plays anymore. :p

Interest in playing has slumped at the moment because the beta for the expansion has started up but only a couple of us got into it so far. This thread is still a good place to ask questions though.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
nobody in Slayers is salaried
MVP and Nestea are not salaried
MMA is looking for a team and wants $4000 monthly salary. It's however unlikely anyone would pay him that
as an upcoming unhyped player you might be offered $300-500 salary + travel. Also, team will take 25% of your winnings and it will dictate which events you will participate in
Big names like Naniwa can afford to ask for $1000-3000 monthly

esports. yay.

Mairu

MMA is looking for a team and wants $4000 monthly salary. It's however unlikely anyone would pay him that
as an upcoming unhyped player you might be offered $300-500 salary + travel. Also, team will take 25% of your winnings and it will dictate which events you will participate in

esports. yay.

[citation needed]

Deadman

esports. yay.

Where did all this come from? I can believe all of it except mvp/nestea not being salaried. edit : you provided link whilst i was typing :)

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=373304

Sea now officially announced for liquid.

HolyCheck

i will throw it out there that climbing the ladder is the best sc2 esports show currently about, by a mile.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

esports. yay.
Wow.

HolyCheck

2 hours :(

Is there a transcript anywhere?

lol.

havent seen one on reddit. gonna have a proper watch / listen to it tomorrow, as last weeks with fxo boss was very very good.

Mairu

lol.

havent seen one on reddit. gonna have a proper watch / listen to it tomorrow, as last weeks with fxo boss was very very good.

That's not a transcript :p

Top Bottom