• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Zzoram

I dig Apollo.

Tastetosis are still enjoyable for me.

iNcontroL is also a pretty decent caster, as are some of the other players like QXC.

Everyone else, meh to bad.

fanboi

Banned
So... what comments in those (I assume thats the reason for his ban) sticky thread (creepy shots and egyptians isn't white) did Panda make so he got banned?

ANd for how long?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That's the first time I've seen Panda banned... what happened?

Maybe he will actually play and get good at the game instead of pretending to be so on an internet forum ZING!!

Oh, the joys of taking shots at those who can't respond.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
moletrap is hilarious whether if he is trying to be or not. match him w/ somebody good and I like him.

Moletrap, Artosis. Oh my god, can you imagine?

Does anyone watch OSL? Just curious given the ridiculous paywall for so little content, and a schedule that stretches things out so much

zargle

Does anyone watch OSL? Just curious given the ridiculous paywall for so little content, and a schedule that stretches things out so much

When Im up and watching GSL, I will split screen with OSL to see whats going on. Sometimes its a more entertaining matchup. It does feel like too little content, with the Bo1's and now just one match a day, but I guess that's because Im comparing it to GSL with 5 matches a day or so at the beginning.

(._.)

Banned

Haven't been following their current starleague now that they're just running SCII. Might as well just watch the GSL since the matches will be better and I think their format fits SCII a bit better. I would pay for OSL vods but their current model/service is vague and not very good. Hopefully they improve their foreign cast.

Zzoram

OSL has been exciting. I watch it live with GSL at the same time and focus on the more interesting player match ups.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
wb panda ♥

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Why does real time =/= SC2 time?: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6758677151#3
We agree that the in-game clock can be a little confusing, and we’re looking at ways to solve this issue. We’re concerned about forcibly adjusting game time across the board because it may have a negative impact on those who frequently use the clock to help with timings, but allowing players to choose whether they want their clocks to display real time or game time sounds like it could potentially be an option. Needless to say, this is something we’re still discussing internally, so we’re not quite sure when or if a feature like this will be added.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BLIZZARD JUST DO IT...

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Why does real time =/= SC2 time?: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6758677151#3
We agree that the in-game clock can be a little confusing, and we’re looking at ways to solve this issue. We’re concerned about forcibly adjusting game time across the board because it may have a negative impact on those who frequently use the clock to help with timings, but allowing players to choose whether they want their clocks to display real time or game time sounds like it could potentially be an option. Needless to say, this is something we’re still discussing internally, so we’re not quite sure when or if a feature like this will be added.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BLIZZARD JUST DO IT...
I dont understand why people care.

(._.)

Banned
Why the hell did they make up their own clock in the first place? why didn't they just use real time. I AM CONFUSED.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Why the hell did they make up their own clock in the first place? why didn't they just use real time. I AM CONFUSED.

they do use real time. for 'normal' game speed.
'faster' just happens to be the competitive default, when you start the single player or an offline 1v1, gamespeed is autoset to normal.

Zzoram

Blizzard feeling the need to invent their own time that is faster than real time was really stupid to begin with but fits with the thinking that Blizzard does these days. It also makes SC2 APM 40% lower than BW APM.

SKT.Rain is soooo good.

Yoshichan

It also makes SC2 APM 40% lower than BW APM.
So basically, if you have 200apm in SC2; your actual APM is 280 right?

I braved the 1v1 ladder for the first time in months over the past 2 days. I managed to only win 2 games (one with a 4 gate on PvP Taldarim) in 10 games. Getting butt raped 80% of the time makes me question if I have the patience to play enough to be competitive again. I wish there was some way to reset my MMR.

zlatko

Banned
I braved the 1v1 ladder for the first time in months over the past 2 days. I managed to only win 2 games (one with a 4 gate on PvP Taldarim) in 10 games. Getting butt raped 80% of the time makes me question if I have the patience to play enough to be competitive again. I wish there was some way to reset my MMR.

There is! Go to ToysRUs and buy a copy of SC2 brand new for 10 bucks today before they are all sold out.

Then create that new account and boom you're ready to go.

I seriously wish I had more than $1.63 in my bank account so I could go get the extra copy just for that. So I could play Terran and learn from Bronze league. :(

xmShake

Neo Member
It'll be hard initially since you're just coming back while the general skill level at your mmr went up but you'll even out real soon (within 10 games probably since you played quite a few).

MMR reset would probably be a bad idea due to all the people who would reset just to beat up on less skilled players or obtain portraits.

Yoshichan

So many new people in here o_o is it because of the $10 deal?

zlatko

Banned
So many new people in here o_o is it because of the $10 deal?

Even I am trying to get on that 10 dollar deal. I'm hoping someone in that thread hooks me up that way I can just start plugging time into some Bronze league Terran matches. That'll be a shit ton of fun! :D

Edit: Awww yeah! GAF user got 4 copies and is holding one for me to pay him 15 bucks Friday for it. HYPED!

Top Bottom