• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Holden

50ppp master race

^ whoever does 100ppp is seriously just a fool.

so destiny plays SCII a lot these days or did he move to poland and take of leage/dsouls?

Yea he is playing alot, But the problem is he is only playing ladder, which i dont think its a good idea. He only plays league/dsouls on his breaks. Seems reasonable but he should play custom games instead :-/

he's 2nd in master EU atm with 153-94

Zzoram

so im watching destiny's dark souls VODS and on september 28, Sage said Sea and jaedong were going to foreign teams. -___-

Liquid`Jaedong? EG.Jaedong.RC?

I hope he ends up on Liquid. Not sure if they can afford him though, then again, KeSPA Team 8 has no sponsor so he was probably not going to renew at his ~$110,000 salary again. EG could maybe buy him but I don't know if they would offer as much as they did to Stephano since I don't know if they could actually afford so many expensive players on their roster, especially considering that Idra and Huk have not delivered any results for almost a year.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Liquid`Jaedong? EG.Jaedong?

I hope he ends up on Liquid. Not sure if they can afford him though, then again, KeSPA Team 8 has no sponsor so he was probably not going to renew at his ~$110,000 salary again. EG could maybe buy him but I don't know if they would offer as much as they did to Stephano since I don't know if they could actually afford so many expensive players on their roster, especially considering that Idra and Huk have not delivered any results for almost a year.
They don't care for results. They care for views which they get.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Liquid`Jaedong? EG.Jaedong.RC?

Remember these contracts are yearly; they don't have to keep paying Idra and Huk 6 figures given their recent performance. They can and probably will take pay checks come resigning.

combine that with potentially releasing lzgamer and machine, they could probably afford jaedong at a bargain. Jaedong would probably get paid less, but released from kespa restrictions he'd have many more tournament opportunities to make up the lost ground.

corran is mai waifu said:
They don't care for results. They care for views which they get.
yep, and lz and machine havent made it to a main stage this year. both of which have their best 2012 result as failing to get out of the open bracket in mlg and ipl respectively. Huk and Idra still have stage presence.

lz and machine have to go, they're on EG purely because they were among the first members signed when EG opened up their brood war division.
look at this:
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/LzGaMeR#Achievements
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Machine#Achievements

I can understand keeping Machine. He's at least a marketable player to a degree and is a community guy. But LZ hasn't done anything...ever. I constantly forget he's on the team. At least Machine can get 300-700 people to watch his stream, LZ doesn't get half of that and I don't think he lives in the eg house

I wouldn't overpay for Jaedong. There is no guarantee he'll win anything or do well at tournaments. He should stay in Korea, perhaps join IM. Between Slayers and Team 8 dying soon there will be a lot of players on the market. I wouldn't overpay for any of them, including mma

I can understand keeping Machine. He's at least a marketable player to a degree and is a community guy. But LZ hasn't done anything...ever. I constantly forget he's on the team. At least Machine can get 300-700 people to watch his stream, LZ doesn't get half of that and I don't think he lives in the eg house

I wouldn't overpay for Jaedong. There is no guarantee he'll win anything or do well at tournaments. He should stay in Korea, perhaps join IM. Between Slayers and Team 8 dying soon there will be a lot of players on the market. I wouldn't overpay for any of them, including mma

It's not like any of the eg koreans is gonna win anything anytime soon.

Puma died along side the 1/1/1 %90 win ratio.

It's not like any of the eg koreans is gonna win anything anytime soon.

Puma died along side the 1/1/1 %90 win ratio.

True but Puma has more than earned his salary; he's still doing relatively well, although obviously he seems way behind the terran metagame. Meanwhile Huk pretty much fell off the map after being signed, outside of a couple early wins.

EG doesn't need better players, they need a better training system. Most of their players constantly seem behind the metagame, either due to location/traveling (Puma, Huk), stubbornness (Idra), or just plain being bad (everyone else). Now they have Stephano, who is the poster boy of not practicing.

Given the money and resources being pumped into them, there's no excuse for guys like InControl and Machine not to be some of the best NA players. You probably can throw Idra in there too, as he continually struggles against the same types of players. Going to korea for a couple weeks won't fix this - it's an institutional problem. The team seems more focused on selling gear and getting views than preparing to win. And I'm sorry InControl, but practicing super hard for the week before a tournament does not count.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
well if what genna said about a 25% take as standard is true, puma's probably paid in towards a good bit of his contract.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
No, he was a huge player in Proleague for the defunct MBC Heroes, but never did quite as well in solo leagues. After MBC disbanded he was on Team 8 with Jaehoon, Jaedong, etc. He's been active for like 7-8 years and is known for being one of the Kespa players that actually interacts with foreign fans. For instance, he talked to his fans in English on TL and even did a TL Attack back in the day. He was also in the Korean TV show "HyungJoon Becomes a Pro-Gamer."

God I'm a nerd.
It's ok I was looking for video clips from HyungJoon's show about Sea, but even in the party ep he doesn't really do anything interesting.

He's also know for meching so we might hopefully see some alternate stuff from him in that regard.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
edit:
Gd3pH.jpg

wtf..

His tombstone will read "In Memory of a Patriot, Who Saved esports"

If WCS doesn't convince the NA to get its act together, nothing will. Two local chances (country and continent prize pools) to win good money with no Korean's meddling. I'd love to see MLG also have some type of region specific tournament too

But in terms of playing actually playing SC2 I think Blizz is screwed. DOTAs are easier and free, can't compete with that.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Blizz dude found a better job that actually supports Esports

Rod Breslau
‏@Slasher
Breaking: Former Blizzard Director of Community and eSports Ilja Rotelli is now Director of Community for Riot Games. More info soon.

Sliver

Sea is the best Korean streamer by far. He's kinda like Dragon but not annoying, not bad, and with a great taste in music (dat Tupac). Watch him.

Haunted

So I look up the results on Liquipedia for Sea's first game for TL in the EG team league and he lost 2-0 against Happy.

Mdu5P.gif

"Hey a bunch of new posts in my subcribed thread"
"Where was i in the laugh thread?"

why would anybody want the right option (100ppp) instead of the left one.

its like having a binder unorganised instead of oragnised
Enjoy your carpal tunnel from having to click twice as often as I do reading through a thread.

Striek

So I look up the results on Liquipedia for Sea's first game for TL in the EG team league and he lost 2-0 against Happy.
He kept stimming marines into tons of seiged tanks. Was wierrrrrrd. As Bitterdam put it "Sea either under respects tanks or over respects marines".

Enjoy your carpal tunnel from having to click twice as often as I do reading through a thread.
EsdKw.jpg

One click, any length thread scrolled through in half a second.

Haunted

He kept stimming marines into tons of seiged tanks. Was wierrrrrrd. As Bitterdam put it "Sea either under respects tanks or over respects marines".
I assume he'll just start improving properly once he plays more and will settle in a comfortable spot behind Hero and Taeja in the internal TL Power Rankings.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Makes sense, but I wonder if it'll be too late by then.

SC2 is dead. Well not really, but it's too expensive and doesn't run on enough range of machines. People also need an unranked ladder like LoL has.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
While they need to switch to F2P, that doesn't effect China as they would just pay per hour like they do for everything else.

Top Bottom