• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Deadman

EG (more like their boss) is consistent at least I'll give him that.

Idra: someone should rape david kim with a tyre iron, no punishment

Stephano makes equally off colour joke to best friend, suspended

Orb says racial slur, fired

Not really consistent. They dont really have any problems with what each person did, its just how much noise was made to sponsors. People got really mad at orb because he lied to the community, SRS went after stephano, no one cares about david kim.

Idra: someone should rape david kim with a tyre iron, no punishment

Stephano makes equally off colour joke to best friend, suspended

Orb says racial slur, fired

Not really consistent.

He wanted to punish idra, but then he saw his state and relevancy and figured out that he has been punished enough.

Well instead of getting demoted I managed to fight my way back to 2 games under .500. DERP.

I might stream some more later tonight if anyone is interested.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
oh ok, thought so. The PC crowd is really kicking gamers in the balls lately. I mean come on...the guy can't make a child molestation joke without a bunch of people freaking out? smh. dumb.

Eh he is the highest paid foreigner probably. Gotta watch your shit if you wish to continue to make that money from a salary.

Eh he is the highest paid foreigner probably. Gotta watch your shit if you wish to continue to make that money from a salary.

Well yea, it was clearly a brain fart on Stephano's part. He didn't realize bling was streaming when he said it from what I understand. What grinds my gears is all the people out there that went out of their way to complain to sponsors because of something that was clearly a joke/prank not meant to be seen by the general public. He's a gamer, what do people expect? I hear worse shit than that almost everyday on the internet.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Well yea, it was clearly a brain fart on Stephano's part. He didn't realize bling was streaming when he said it from what I understand. What grinds my gears is all the people out there that went out of their way to complain to sponsors because of something that was clearly a joke/prank not meant to be seen by the general public. He's a gamer, what do people expect? I hear worse shit than that almost everyday on the internet.

Like Mairu said, it was part of a subreddit on reddit that they just shit on people. Nothing anyone could say to do anything different. This wasnt r/starcraft that went crazy over it, they just posted the images and other people took it.

EG is run off their image from their players. If they cant commercialize Stephano then he probably is not worth it to them. They get a bad image then less sponsors and less money for scoots to throw around.

Ohhh ok. It all makes sense now. A group of /r/srs trolls got together and spammed sponsors until EG had no choice but to suspend him for a month. Here I was being a dumbass, thinking there were some PC sensitive sallies out there that were legitimately affected by his words.

Sucks for Stephano. =/

Mairu

Like Mairu said, it was part of a subreddit on reddit that they just shit on people. Nothing anyone could say to do anything different. This wasnt r/starcraft that went crazy over it, they just posted the images and other people took it.

EG is run off their image from their players. If they cant commercialize Stephano then he probably is not worth it to them. They get a bad image then less sponsors and less money for scoots to throw around.

Ohhh ok. It all makes sense now. A group of /r/srs trolls got together and spammed sponsors until EG had no choice but to suspend him for a month. Here I was being a dumbass, thinking there were some PC sensitive sallies out there that were legitimately affected by his words.

Sucks for Stephano. =/

http://www.reddit.com/r/ShitRedditS...fort_rstarcraft_is_apparently_ok_with_adults/

;-(

Mairu

The massive downgrade in quality of production from WCS China to WCS Asia is mind boggling.

I hope they use whoever they used for WCS China for the Global Finals :(

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
*face palm*

young kid with tons of money, a serious drinking problem and is worried when he finds out his 'joke' was streamed. I dont even have a problem with it but i can still acknowledge that the dudes just behind destiny on the 'likelihood of fucking up' scale.

Mairu

we dont know that

a2bacf128a370ee8deaa02d54be0b000.png

K!

Zzoram

Why does Twitch not work for me today? It just shows a dead splash page instead of streams. None of the Twitch streams work.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
young kid with tons of money, a serious drinking problem and is worried when he finds out his 'joke' was streamed. I dont even have a problem with it but i can still acknowledge that the dudes just behind destiny on the 'likelihood of fucking up' scale.

bullshit

binge drinking every now and again isn't a serious drinking problem. it's being a fucking young person.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
bullshit

binge drinking every now and again isn't a serious drinking problem. it's being a fucking young person.

sounds like you had a drinking problem growing up.

There's no excuse for ever getting so drunk off your ass that you vomit on yourself and have to be carried away by security. that's a problem.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
r/shitredditsays is why isms are a bad idea. i was going to make a thread about a while ago, but that was back during the terror and prudence prevailed.

let's all just try and be enlightened individuals.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag

There's no excuse for ever getting so drunk off your ass that you vomit on yourself and have to be carried away by security. that's a problem.

I still am growing up :p

and that behaviour is fairly normal in Aus / Eu. whilst not right, it's pretty standard.

There is an excuse for that. It's called being young and dumb and full of cum.

How is a kid who plays SC2 at a world class level going to maintain his success as long as he has while having a "serious drinking problem"? He wouldn't. He couldn't. Binge drinking is something that a lot of young people do from time to time. As long as he wasn't drunk/hungover during the tournament I don't see how it's a problem.

le sigh

Moving on...

Top Bottom