• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

young kid with tons of money, a serious drinking problem and is worried when he finds out his 'joke' was streamed. I dont even have a problem with it but i can still acknowledge that the dudes just behind destiny on the 'likelihood of fucking up' scale.

So what you're saying is that it takes a pedo to know a pedo amirite

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
stephano isn't gonna last

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
iron squid invite list so far

I actually like that they did this.

4xibi.jpg

last 8 spots are qualies, so hopefully it's not 8 zerg

HolyCheck

so i've been thinking

more so in sea, less so in taiwan, but it still happens

players like sen and moonglade

in their own regions they're near the top, they win a lot, but tehy dont win everything, ie moonglad can end up getting 8th in a tourney easy.

but when it comes to playing koreans every other taiwain or sea player will lose, 2-0, always.

except moonglade and sen.

why is this? experience with play styles?

ability to read the play better (ie actually just are better, but the local players play them that often they understand how to beat that ONE player?)

That thread about LoL really shows what blizzard is competing with. Those playing numbers are insane, if blizzard aren't proactive the game is going to be left behind.

iron squid invite list so far

I actually like that they did this.

4xibi.jpg

last 8 spots are qualies, so hopefully it's not 8 zerg

I was already looking forward to this but that lineup is amazing o_O. Looks a mile better than the WCS finals will be (or pretty much any other tournament for that matter).

HolyCheck

I wasn't excited one bit. but i think this might be one of the best lineups i've seen in a LONG time, all invites so far. but GOOD invites. not just popularity invites.

Deadman

inb4 scarlett pulls out of ironsquid because of poor internet. Lineup does look good though.

Think i will watch gdstudio asus rog instead of zvp asia finals.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
sounds like you had a drinking problem growing up.

There's no excuse for ever getting so drunk off your ass that you vomit on yourself and have to be carried away by security. that's a problem.
what's the sc2 scene like in islamabad?

HolyCheck

ASUS ROG The GD Invitational

Group A
Karont3.LucifroN
EG.ThorZaIN.RC
FnaticRC.NightEnD
TLAF-Liquid.Ret

Group B
TLAF-Liquid.TLO
mouz.MaNa
Empire.Kas
ROG.elfi

The iron squid line up is good until you realize it's cross server play between europnes and koreans.

Gonna wait until the lan finals in Paris just like the last time.

Zzoram

So Ret just failed against an all EU line up.

Ya, Teamliquid has no good foreigners anymore. I don't think anyone would care if Nony and Ret retire at the end of the year.

TLO and Sheth are also pretty useless these days.

Zzoram

The only thing Iron Squid is missing are some KeSPA players. None of them even tried to do the qualifier, probably because they are still disconnected from the international scene and didn't know about it or KeSPA wouldn't allow them to play it.

Other than that, definitely a hot line up.

Mairu

The only thing Iron Squid is missing are some KeSPA players. None of them even tried to do the qualifier, probably because they are still disconnected from the international scene and didn't know about it or KeSPA wouldn't allow them to play it.

Do you really think KeSPA is going to be entering online tournaments other than MLG's terrible formatted garbage?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

Mlg exclusive

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Then they shouldnt list it as a team. YOU CANT HAVE IT ONE WAY AND NOT ANOTHER.

Starting my new job in 2 weeks. No time for SC2 soon :/

Quit your new job when HoTS comes out and go pro.

GG

Looks like my choice to skip what was obviously gonna be 8 hours of korean pvp marathon was on point.

Bet artosis and Grubby are happy at least.

Haunted

Looks like Chinese SC2 still isn't much to write home about. Sen the only player worth a damn from the region, as usual.

He wanted to punish idra, but then he saw his state and relevancy and figured out that he has been punished enough.
472db.gif

what's the sc2 scene like in islamabad?
4DA9N.gif

edit: one of the heros needs a name change, this is confusing as fuck. hero vs roro hero vs rain I don't know which is which.

Zzoram

Well, top 6 ended up being 4 Korean Protoss and 2 Korean Zerg.

Still salty about no Korean Terrans being in WCS WC. TvX match ups are the most fun to watch IMO.

Well, top 6 ended up being 4 Korean Protoss and 2 Korean Zerg.

Still salty about no Korean Terrans being in WCS WC. TvX match ups are the most fun to watch IMO.

It's not even about which matchups are the most interesting to watch. You simply need all 3 races involved in the tournament or it becomes less interesting. Same thing happened when it was gomtvt.

fanboi

Banned
gaf why u no watch fanboi play xcom

http://www.twitch.tv/fanboiGAF

Damn, went well yesterday... albit, this morning I encountered 10 mutons... both my super heavy dudes (scatter and normal missile ohoy!) went dead.

And a sniper I belive died.

Then straight onto a terror mission...

28 enemies killed later and 14 crysislsildsildsildslids killed.... I was victorius.
Only one agent went down.

Zzoram

Well, apparently TLO's Korean training paid off. He's in the semifinals of the GDStudio Asus ROG. He beat Kas, Elfi and Mana to get there. If he beats Elfi again he will face Thorzain in the finals.

Nevermind, TLO loses 3-1 to Elfi because of 2 cannon rushes at the natural that were poorly handled.

Top Bottom