• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Mairu

I got a good laugh out of Destiny's r/sc post complaining that people pay attention to esports individuals' twitter accounts when they should be private. People shouldn't use public twitter accounts to say shit they don't want to be responsible for... and yeah, even real celebrities and non-celebrities get in trouble for public posts made on twitter.

It's kinda funny that people blame drama for the lack of stog when it was literally all they talked about on the show. JP could at any point change the course of the show and talk about the actual game, players and styles/strategies developing in different scenes and houses or talk about the actual industry and what sort of things go in the background and what businesses are doing good and how are they doing it, but no, He would just ask twitter and scan the popular topics on reddit which are obviously filled with dumb shit started by irrelevant people in the scene and spend 2 hours talking about it and in the end he starts victim blaming the viewers/reddit for all the drama when it was the bread and butter of the entire show as if he (and his co's) above it all and they only deal in serious discussion.

Drama is what made the show and is what kept it relevant whether they want to admit it or not, stop pretending you were some sort of a journalist but you "helplessly" got sucked in to the drama because reddit made you do it.

JP lives off drama. He has figured that the community loves it, and has positioned himself to propagate it at all costs whether it's SOTG or Real Talk. He seems to enjoy egging people on, and you can almost see him counting his listener/viewer count grow as the drama spews forth; on the flip side he'd look quite dejected whether the gang discussed BW lol, which certainly was not growing his listener/viewer count.

BTW this is the first time it's been confirmed MLG was paying them a salary right? I thought they were just paying for JP's stream/equipment. You could definitely tell who was paying the bills. They weren't getting paid to discuss IPL, NASL, etc unless it was some stupid drama story.

I'll give this new SOTG a shot but I seriously doubt it'll be noteworthy. Major is one of the most anti-social people in SC - and his selection seems more about generating drama than offering a good show.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Good fucking lord there is so much goddamned drama around this game!

I still love it though, but that drama!

This is what happens when people don't want to play the actual game. They'll discuss everything related to it, but not the game itself (Aside from balance bitching, which isn't really a discussion).

ghst

thanks for the laugh
drama fills the void that lack of talent creates.

no one gives a fuck about which diamond leaguer nony 4gated in the mlg open bracket and no one gives a fuck about who MVP calls a dipshit.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
drama fills the void that lack of talent creates.

no one gives a fuck about which diamond league scrub nony 4gated and no one gives a fuck about who MVP calls a dipshit.

because if MVP calls some one a dipshit.. they are a dipshit?

This is what happens when people don't want to play the actual game. They'll discuss everything related to it, but not the game itself (Aside from balance bitching, which isn't really a discussion).

Yeah, I personally really enjoy playing the game, and couldn't care less about all this stuff with the high level players, I like watching the tournaments to see high level playing, but all this other stuff is just noise.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
hey man, i totally cannon rushed like 3 different people over the weekend. i'm playing like a baws.

Deadman

Entire gd studio invitational cost $17,000. That includes the prize money. Not bad since they got 20k+ viewers.

And they are paying for a dota team to go to a lan this week. Pretty nice of them.

Deadman

http://s3.majorleaguegaming.com/2012-fallinvite-onlyonlinequalifierna-starcraft2.html#

In mlg's invite only fall qualifier idra got knocked out by lzgamer

And this

4UNxP.png

lol NA. look at the kespa scores vs na and which players are advancing. jesus if this was a real tournament id be so mad about the format.

Lowest Kespa player > highest NA player by 10 points...

Best format, would use in everything ever, almost up there with extended series as best tournament rule in history of human competition.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/11m21k/starcraft_2_will_be_dead_before_legacy_of_the/

Destiny's thoughts on how Blizzard is handling SC2.

I agree with him to an extent on some of the things he says. Some things he says though I don't think matter or are unrelated.

Agree with most of that, Blizzard needs to ditch the expansion model (for MP) and embrace F2P. They also need a custom game worth playing, something people can play when they don't want to play normal games.

Deadman

Instead of completely ignoring 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 they should have realised that was where more casual players like to play and added maps that dont make you want to die.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=376041

Link (probably will get updated once a real translation happens)

Everyone knew it was coming, just a matter of time after Boxer left them to die.

Hopefully MMA joins a korean team instead of foreign one where he will probably suck just like every korean not named MC (who is more of personal sponsor than a real team).

Who am I kidding, EGMMA will happen before the month is over

Deadman

Jos de Kroon ‏@LiquidRet

Slayers : seems to me like jessica fucked up one of the biggest potential teams in sc2, korea and the world.

Jos de Kroon ‏@LiquidRet

Saddest thing about this whole Ordeal is Coca, Min and Puzzle playing League of Legends. I really liked Coca...

Jos de Kroon ‏@LiquidRet

Also I don't want my biggest win in the past 3 months (vs puzzle at NASL) to be vs a LoL player wtf...

Jos de Kroon ‏@LiquidRet

Don't get me wrong I play league of legends myself! But these guys had real potential in sc2..

Is Coca, Min and Puzzle going to LoL happening today or did that already happen and i totally missed it?

Edit: Yeah its happening today. DESTINY WAS RIGHT.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/11m21k/starcraft_2_will_be_dead_before_legacy_of_the/

Destiny's thoughts on how Blizzard is handling SC2.

I agree with him to an extent on some of the things he says. Some things he says though I don't think matter or are unrelated.

He's right about the waning interest and Blizzard not giving a fuck. I'm probably not gonna but HoTS day one.

Slayers has disbanded.

We all knew this was coming. After Boxer left it was all downhill, good news for Jessica though I guess.

Is Coca, Min and Puzzle going to LoL happening today or did that already happen and i totally missed it?

Edit: Yeah its happening today. DESTINY WAS RIGHT.

All your pros are belonging to us.

Post some links ?

Are they actually quitting sc2 for LoL or are they playing it now just out of frustration because their team was a wreck for the past 6 months and they don't want anything to do with it or sc2 atm ?

Shame about CoCa, don't give a crap about the other 2 (or the rest of Slayers minus MMA for that matter)

I guess we now know the answer to the age old question "What does it take to destroy a SC2 team ? 1 crazy bitch"

Ty4on

Well, this was depressing page... Ehm, Maru and JYP played a really awesome TvP today in the GSL!

I'm just trying to make this page a little less depressing. :( It was also a really awesome series. Maru has impressed me before, but I've never seen JYP play this well before.

This explosive meltdown is hilarious, she finally snapped. I hope they have good psych wards in korea now that she's officially insane.

Mairu

I don't really understand why she didn't let the players leave if they were causing so many problems, or even remove them from the team instead of just "demoting" them. Eagerly awaiting someone else's side of the various stories Jessica's written

Top Bottom