• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Deadly

It seems more like there definitely was something wrong with their environment and conditions rather than just Jessica being the cause of the problem.

Deadly

Well this is a pretty shitty day for the Starcraft scene =/.

At least this one reddit comment made me chuckle:

and Cella:
Funny comments indeed!
Unless the player does not notify us by 6th October, the contract autumatically extends. He did not contact us showing his interest in quitting so it is an automatic extension. But he was expulsed from the team. Something happened very recently which I can't reveal. It's something that will be solved at a court and unforgivable but considering other people I won't reveal the details.
More secret drama!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
reading that thread gives me the impression that Jessica really hates MMA and those who associate with him.

He was not a good friend with MMA to begin with but since MMA started to perform well, he always came to the studio when MMA played.
That's when Crank and MMA hung around alot after that.
BoxeR told GanZi painfully that MMA is a cancer to this team at the moment and he wanted to GanZi to make the right decision. GanZi was very lost
Ryung never received the highlight because of MMA but he was a good friend of MMA.
I felt unsecure about Clide hanging around with MMA.

Mairu

reading that thread gives me the impression that Jessica really hates MMA and those who associate with him.

I really don't understand why her solution to the issues was to create opportunities for other players to leave SlayerS, rather than just kicking MMA out/releasing him from his 'contract'.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
fixed for accuracy.

i liked the part where Boxer calls MMA a cancer on the team and then expects MMA to talk to him/has his feelings hurt when MMA insults him.

also 'boxer remembers what it was like to be a player 10 years ago and slayers doesnt let that happen' isn't what we heard from Genna RE: Cranks living conditions.

Mairu

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Thats nice of mvp to say. Maybe they will end up on the same lol team.

1ORCd.gif

Holden

might have an old gpu, dunno

i dont think you get it with older gpus

would seem weird to have a older gpu if you play sc2 aswell =-/

Holden

welp he done allrdy :(

it wouldn't be sad days if blizzard actually cared. They are trying to balance the game on terrible maps, not our fault.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
This is like the worst day ever in SC2 history so far.

eh its just Slayers disbanding and people bitching/moaning about HotS beta. Its sad that Slayers is gone but it has been known for the last 1-2 months that it will happen soon. Plus there are just too many Korean teams right now for the SC2 market there.

Deadman

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/11n0rt/ideas_how_to_add_more_micro_to_the_oracle/

I like the general idea of this, having to position them correctly in order to make the spell work could be challenging and exciting. Dont really like the specifics of the entomb one but thats probably because i dont like entomb. The second one could be good, the protoss trying to catch the enemy in a "net" whilst the enemy tries to run away/shoot the oracles down.

eh its just Slayers disbanding and people bitching/moaning about HotS beta. Its sad that Slayers is gone but it has been known for the last 1-2 months that it will happen soon. Plus there are just too many Korean teams right now for the SC2 market there.

I always look to you as a beacon of hope and light.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Just a rough translation, nothing too deep. I'll leave it for others to translate fully.

Basically;

Park Yong-un (Coach Park) will be stepping down as 감독 (team director/manager) and remain at SK Telecom in an advisory role. After 4 years, he feels its time to reduce his work load after getting married. During his tenure, Park has taken SKT to four Proleague finals, winning two of them.

BoxeR will become the new 'head coach' (수석 코치, not 감독 though). However his fellow coaches will still help him out with various team decisions and what not.

^https://twitter.com/TeamLiquidnet/status/258590093621735424

Quadratic

Read the thread over on TL about Slayers disbanding. Such a shame. Good talent and coaches now teamless. I'm not giving Jessica a free pass on everything but a large portion of TL and reddit make her out to be the problem. I think there's blame with the immaturity of players like Alicia and the eSF blacklisting Slayers.

Mairu

Read the thread over on TL about Slayers disbanding. Such a shame. Good talent and coaches now teamless. I'm not giving Jessica a free pass on everything but a large portion of TL and reddit make her out to be the problem. I think there's blame with the immaturity of players like Alicia and the eSF blacklisting Slayers.

She doesn't really take any responsibility when she was the one who was in charge of the team. She puts all the blame on one player, when as the team owner/manager it was her responsibility to remove a player from a team if they were causing problems.

Hearing about how she insults players who lose really left a bad taste in my mouth. Just because someone loses doesn't mean they didn't did not practice enough. I can't imagine Boxer doing that shit unless he knew for a fact the player wasn't practicing.

Quadratic

Yeah, I agree she should have released MMA from the team. However I don't think that would have solved anything because the damage was already done and probably not repairable. There was a post in the TL thread saying that some latent sexism could have been a factor. Having a female in charge of Slayers might have caused some friction with the other teams and players on her own team.

Out of everyone on Slayers I hope Cella ends up on a new team. Myabe a coach for the Korean members of Team Liquid. From what I've read he didn't get paid (much) for being coach of Slayers and only got a modest allowance and travel stipends.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hearing about how she insults players who lose really left a bad taste in my mouth. Just because someone loses doesn't mean they didn't did not practice enough. I can't imagine Boxer doing that shit unless he knew for a fact the player wasn't practicing.
All Boxer has to do is look slightly down and disappointed and lesser nerds will off themselves or become GSL champions.

Quadratic

I wouldn't trust what Alicia says anymore because he just got owned pretty hard by Jessica's response to his interview on playXP. He straight up lied about the congratulating on NASL 2nd place. So that stuff about insulting could be made up.

Top Bottom