• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

ghst

thanks for the laugh
do i believe HoTS can rejuvenate and transform SC2 into something as rewarding as it is relevant? sure.

are blizzard class of 2012 capable of taking the required steps and skilled enough to implement them? no, probably not.

i'm clutching my company of heroes 2 beta key like a golden ticket to a better place.

still hyped for saturday, though.

Mairu

Yeah, I agree she should have released MMA from the team. However I don't think that would have solved anything because the damage was already done and probably not repairable. There was a post in the TL thread saying that some latent sexism could have been a factor. Having a female in charge of Slayers might have caused some friction with the other teams and players on her own team.

Out of everyone on Slayers I hope Cella ends up on a new team. Myabe a coach for the Korean members of Team Liquid. From what I've read he didn't get paid (much) for being coach of Slayers and only got a modest allowance and travel stipends.

What kind of moron calls a member of their team "a cancer to the team" and then demands they stay on the team? That's a nice lot of excuses, but when you're the team manager and you shift the blame onto everyone else you're not doing your job.

I hope Cella gets hired by a foreign team as a Korean coach/manager.

Mairu

She should've approached leading a team less like trying to be her ideal of a mother and more like actually being a leader, manager, and owner.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I now have faith.

After a lot of thinking and a good sleep I finally decide to sell all my Starcraft 2 shares and stocks and invest all my life savings into World of Tanks, that and social media gaming is the future.

Gonna be rolling in that ESPORTS cash pretty soon.

Deadman

http://www.teamliquidpro.com/news/2012/10/18/statement-on-nony-and-gsl-world-championships

From Liquid`Nazgul:

It's safe to say the past couple of weeks have not been pleasant for Tyler as well as his fans. I want to address the things that happened and release a small statement from us on the situation.

It goes back to a situation where he was unable to play MajOr, in the originally scheduled timeframe, for the GSL World Championships. Tyler reacted emotionally and unprofessionally, tweeting about boycotting the tournament for planning to replace him. Tyler was wrong to do so, as Team Liquid was fully responsible for the scheduling situation. I do not blame the organizers in any way.

After getting back in communication with IPL about it, we were able to re-schedule the match with MajOr on a later date. On the day of the match, when Tyler lost the first game, he left despite the series not being over. I believe there is no excuse to leave in that situation. It is extremely unlikely that such a tournament would be best of one, and information about the format would have been easily obtained by asking either the opponent, organization, or our own management. In fact, information about the format was sitting in our team forum in a thread dedicated to this tournament.

Our team manager Robin had no blame in the situation. The information was passed on, and confirmed to have been passed on to Tyler, as well as documented in our team forum in an obvious place. Any speculation that this was the fault of team management is incorrect.

Unfortunately this isn't the first time Tyler has made questionable decisions regarding his tournament participation, and he had not always acted professionally in the past. As many of you may know, Tyler has been suffering from depression. While it is an explanation for his behavior, it is not an excuse. I feel that it is unfair to tournaments, other players, and viewers to condone such behavior to continue.

After talking closely with Tyler we have decided that he will not be participating in the tournament circuit for a period of two months. Both Tyler and I agree that this is an appropriate course of action. Liquid will keep supporting Tyler as a part of the team, and I believe that a time away from tournaments may also have a positive effect on Tyler. We're hoping to reduce his stress and expectations, which will allow him to play without pressure and enjoy the game.

From Liquid`Tyler:

I apologize to MajOr, the tournament organizers, my team and my fans. I know the situations that tend to bring out my poor behavior and I intend to do a better job at avoiding them.

I believe Nazgul's decision to prohibit my participation in tournaments is disciplinary in the most positive sense of the word. I have found participating in competition with insufficient practice to be extremely frustrating. For years now I've continued to compete under the thought process that I'll just do my best and try to prepare better next time. It's time to try something different. I do not want to compete without the comfort and confidence that a healthy practice routine provides. I daresay I was known for my mental strength and strong competitive attitude in BW. I will try my best to return to that state, not only for my benefit but because it's what is good for our community and what the fans and my opponents deserve.

How would we notice lolololol

Mairu

come november he'll have played 6 games in 6 months.
hmm.

Maybe he'll start a TL LoL team. He's been active in those forums on TL.

tLgyE.gif

Jokab

nah I checked to make sure and the list said major was suppose to be on.

He was always meant to come on later on in the show. He's still on for it.

I like the new hosts JP chose. Not all of them will be on every episode, but I really like qxc and ToD. I don't think anyone can dislike Apollo.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
jp's faux indignation towards drama, like he's ever said anything remotely insightful regarding the game itself, is too much to stomach.

qxc leaving early.
apollo taking on the "please god let it end" role.
tod with the charisma of mouse pad.

Deadman

Listening to a group of pros sounded almost smart. Knew it couldnt be true.

Major great guest.

http://www.twitch.tv/dignitasapollo

Apollo vs Semmler bo7. If apollo wins 4-0 he gets 50 euros. If semmler wins just 1 game he gets 50 euros. Every game he wins after 1 semmler gets 100 euros (so if semmler 4-0 he wins 350)

Top Bottom