• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Okay, I got to admit. The Sons of Starcraft trailer gave me so many fucking goose bumps, it's actually disgusting.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Anyone else not buying a GSL sub after this one? I was going to be done after the last season but then KESPA started being their usual selves and I wanted to support GOM but now? Eh, don't really have interest in watching the same old meta. I mostly leave the games on as background noise anyway.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Anyone else not buying a GSL sub after this one? I was going to be done after the last season but then KESPA started being their usual selves and I wanted to support GOM but now? Eh, don't really have interest in watching the same old meta. I mostly leave the games on as background noise anyway.

i just go the monthly sub.

bit the same as you, i put it on when i get home from work and just leave it on all night, tune in and out every now and again.

but heck i figure I can afford it, i may aswell support it. as i'd hate to see the scene die :(

giri

Nope, i'll be buying another yearly sub. May even get the one with the GSTL in it this time.

Deadman

Bd2WH.jpg

Shut it down. sc2 is dead.

Alternate troll title: so thats where his passion went.

Zzoram

Looks like the Ukraine kicked Koreas ass at Dreamhack. Love you, Ukraine!

Korea didn't show up.

I don't think any of the Koreans who were there actually live in Korea anymore, and certainly none of them are players that are relevant in Korea.

Zzoram

$15 for a light season ticket isn't that much and next season will have a lot more KeSPA players at a competitive skill level. For example, Flash might be in Code S and will definitely be in at least Code A and he has only gotten better with time.

Also, we have to assume they will seed another foreigner in because otherwise GSL will have no foreigners for the first time ever and we know GOM doesn't want that to happen. It likely won't be Naniwa or Huk, but maybe Thorzain will get another chance.

Zzoram

I have the yearly one, probably will resub. Definitely not resubbing to gstl though, ive watched almost none of it.

Ya, GSL is more exciting than GSTL.

Maybe if GSTL had KeSPA vs eSF going on that would be worth watching but without a foreign team it's not that interesting.

Aaron

It's odd, but I think that even though foreign teams wash out of GSTL quick, I think they were part of the initial spark that held my interest. Haven't seen much of those games this season either.

Zzoram

It's odd, but I think that even though foreign teams wash out of GSTL quick, I think they were part of the initial spark that held my interest. Haven't seen much of those games this season either.

Ya having a foreign team is really important for GSTL's success. They should get EG in for next season.

JYP
Huk
Puma
MMA???
Thorzain if he's there
Stephano if he's there
Idra if he's there
DeMuslim if he's there

EG might be a decent team if they can be convinced to participate

Liquid could participate too if TLO returns for another stint in Korea. His most recent one clearly paid off with his improved tournament performance.

Taeja
Zenio
HerO
Sea
TLO if he's there

Alternatively EG and Liquid could form a combined team to participate with only their Korean members.

JYP
Puma
Huk
Taeja
HerO
Zenio
Sea
MMA???

twofold

I won't be.

I only watched a few games in Code S and I didn't watch a single Code A game so it's just not worth it. The Starcraft 2 metagame feels stagnant and it's not fun to watch anymore. The finals were entertaining but I still found myself zoning out throughout the later games.

I'm also starting to dislike Tastosis as a casting pair, too. It's not anywhere as fun to listen to them now as it was a year ago.

Deadman

Husky sponsors axiom together with TB. Seems naniwa doesnt know, even after being directly told this.

[–]Kennigit 34 points 48 minutes ago*

Close to 40% of new TL users who joined around WoL release found the site because of youtube commentators. Husky's contributions to scene growth are probably the largest of any individual. Naniwa needs to stop saying words.

heh

Haunted

:bow Nerchio at DH Bucharest just now.

Completely shuts down the archon toilet strategy with his banelings in ZvP.

Korea didn't show up.

I don't think any of the Koreans who were there actually live in Korea anymore, and certainly none of them are players that are relevant in Korea.
Yep. Sage, Rain and TheSTC were the only ones there and only Sage even made it to the Ro8. Second-tier Koreans can't make a dent against some of the better Europeans (Bly, Fraer and Mana finished them off, respectively).

He'll do fine for awhile, although I don't think he'll make it back to Code S soon. And unlike Jinro, Nani actually practices. Hard

Lol code S? No foreigner (except for like 1 chinese player) has made it through the code B qualifiers and that includes Naniwa. It's also far tougher now than it has ever been due to the huge influx of kespa players. Naniwa has next to no chance of making code A and certainly has no chance of reaching code S without being seeded.

Won

I just wish GOM would change the G into K already. It was cute in the beginning, but is just dishonest at this point.

Mairu

What are the minimum requirements to calling yourself a progamer?

Just wondering so I can figure out how Lastshadow is apparently one of them.

Zzoram

I just wish GOM would change the G into K already. It was cute in the beginning, but is just dishonest at this point.

It still gets to be Global because it's the toughest tournament in the world and carries the most prestige as a result.

Harlock

The main problem is Blizzard. They are spread way too thin and Starcraft don´t have enough resources or attention or moving too slow.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
The main problem is Blizzard. They are spread way too thin and Starcraft don´t have enough resources or attention or moving too slow.

They have no incentive to improve WoL or even HoTS since the income isn't continuous. Riot is constantly selling RP so they can continually pump out new content every couple of weeks to keep the game fresh. Blizzard doesn't have that same luxury. The boom at launch for $60 was good for couple of years but it can only last for so long (Never mind that $60 is a lot of money for middle/high school kids your games shouldn't have a high barrier to entry).

Free to play is the future and not the half assed play one race on a limited number of maps that Blizzard is trying to do right now with both WoW and SC2. They need to embrace the F2P model or they will be left in the dust soon enough.

Top Bottom