• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow, what the heck did I just listen to.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow, I just heard the Wheat ultra-rage... my God.

Yoshichan

i47xQxNktDOTj.gif

Yoshichan

It works!!! :_:

Yoshichan

Is this the first time you've ever changed your avatar to non Yoshi related excluding holidays?
That is 100% correct.

Evolution:

OmV6d.png

vE68i.png

lbmk0.png

#corranmakelovetome

Zen

Banned
The EG side of things was just embarrassing and clueless. Destiny didn't come off well (I don't even watch his stream) but holy shit. There's nothing more embarrassing than seeing a grown ass man with a child hulk out like a 10 year old that just spilt his chocolate milk. What a self important dweeb. I can't stress enough how badly they did not listen to what Destiny was saying or how professional and mature PainUser was in comparison. DJ Wheat was the definition of a man child. If I was a sponsor I'd seriously consider pulling out if I saw the host acting like that.

Destiny: StarCraft stream numbers are continuing to go down
DJWheat: BUT THE NUMBER OF VIEWERS WATCHING THING ON TWITCH CONTINUES TO GO UP, THEY MIGHT NOT BE WATCHING SCII BUT THEY"RE WATCHING THINGS FFS!!!!

SC2 is dead because LoL is huge

or something

SCII has been declining for a while, and now that LoL is the dominant force in Korea, say goodbye to the traditional mega-market for fostering good competition and players in the Esports scene. SCII made up for the tepid response it got in Korea by being big in the NA/EU but decline decline decline...

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
djWheat is maximum emo on lo3 right now

Rightfully so. I'm a fan of Wheat but damn he was embarrassing himself with that childish screeching. Most of the blame should go to Idra for the petty personal attacks but Wheat stole the spotlight with that display of idiocy.

This stuff is hard to watch. They got to 57 episodes with that?

People want to watch Incontrol rant and Idra bitch the game he hates so much.

Yoshichan

Wheat is so quiet ._.

Yoshichan

For a moment there, Slender had more viewers on Twitch than SC2.

RIP SC2. Slender is the new #esportszgaem

Yoshichan

HotS is doomed as fuck, so screw the Oracle and its 46 CPH (Changes Per Hour). Blizzard's playing so much with units left and right that I can't even be bothered to get hyped up anymore. And yes, I know that's what betas are for.

profit

Blizzard continues to showcase that they have no idea what the fuck to do with Protoss in HotS.

Well, atleast they're trying stuff, but I'm not a Toss so I dont really have any idea how these changes are, just trying to start a discussion instead of all the drama on every SC related topic.

What do you guys want to see in a new/rebalanced unit? And no, bring back BW units doesnt count.

Holden

Well, atleast they're trying stuff, but I'm not a Toss so I dont really have any idea how these changes are, just trying to start a discussion instead of all the drama on every SC related topic.

What do you guys want to see in a new/rebalanced unit? And no, bring back BW units doesnt count.

balance on good maps

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Units that take high skill to fully utilize and don't work well in death balls.

Yoshichan

I think MorroW streaming for 100 hours finally killed him... his stream is live but he hasn't shown himself in some time now...

Zzoram

IMO the new Oracle changes are good. Entomb was stupid as hell.

Not sure how I feel about an AOE 50% slow ensnare-type spell. I kinda hate spells that immobilize units because all that does is detract from the micro possible in battle.

Also, making it hard for Terran/Zerg to split units sounds like it only strengthens a Colossus death ball.

profit

IMO the new Oracle changes are good. Entomb was stupid as hell.

Not sure how I feel about an AOE 50% slow ensnare-type spell. I kinda hate spells that immobilize units because all that does is detract from the micro possible in battle.

Also, making it hard for Terran/Zerg to split units sounds like it only strengthens a Colossus death ball.

Well, I'm not a longtime follower of BW, but from what I've seen from those matches, there were a lot of small groups of units that were doing stuff all the time, and I think there were no real death balls. Maybe the ensnare spell will force players to not have their entire army in one place all the damn time or they'll just get demolished. Offcourse I'm just a silver/gold scrub so everything I say doesnt really mean a thing, but people are complaining about death balls, maybe Blizz should add abillities/spells to units that force players to have several armies around the map.

Damn what a bad writeup....

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Well, I'm not a longtime follower of BW, but from what I've seen from those matches, there were a lot of small groups of units that were doing stuff all the time, and I think there were no real death balls. Maybe the ensnare spell will force players to not have their entire army in one place all the damn time or they'll just get demolished. Offcourse I'm just a silver/gold scrub so everything I say doesnt really mean a thing, but people are complaining about death balls, maybe Blizz should add abillities/spells to units that force players to have several armies around the map.

Damn what a bad writeup....

split up your army so the super fast flying caster can slow the retreat of your harassing forces, allowing them to be gobbled by protoss super deathballs?

the strength of harass is the ability to get away mostly unscathed, if there's a spell that weakens retreating, you pretty much have to do enough damage to justify the cost of the unit in one attack. might aswell just deathball at that point.

profit

split up your army so the super fast flying caster can slow the retreat of your harassing forces, allowing them to be gobbled by protoss super deathballs?

the strength of harass is the ability to get away mostly unscathed, if there's a spell that weakens retreating, you pretty much have to do enough damage to justify the cost of the unit in one attack. might aswell just deathball at that point.

Yeah I forgot the Oracle was a pretty fast unit.
How is the Oracle's shield/HP (I thought it was pretty weak). Maybe having a viking/corruptor/phoenix;Tempest with your army can counter having the Oracle with the death ball... If one of those units outranges the spell offcourse since we dont know the range of it yet.

Maybe having the spell only active when the Caster itself is alive, killing it = ends the effect.

I'm not the smartest person to talk about all of this stuff, but I'd rather we have discussion going about the changes to the game, rather then all the drama.

Top Bottom