• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

split up your army so the super fast flying caster can slow the retreat of your harassing forces, allowing them to be gobbled by protoss super deathballs?

the strength of harass is the ability to get away mostly unscathed, if there's a spell that weakens retreating, you pretty much have to do enough damage to justify the cost of the unit in one attack. might aswell just deathball at that point.

We don't know the cast range of the oracle. I'm willing to bet it's 5 or less. All you need to counter it are~

Ghosts or Vikings~
Infestors or Corruptors~
(Unit's you already make every XvP 0.0)

Not to mention this is a non damage to unit caster with low health that in combination with other casters/units is going to heighten the Protoss skill ceiling.

Is it just me or do Zergs call imba too fast?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Okay, I'm loving the UI stuff they've been showing us - and this is plain awesome!

Getting into the game and playing as much as possible will earn you XP and rewards. Build up powerful armies, wreak havoc on the map, fight to the bitter end, and you’ll be rewarded for your efforts! There will also be ways to earn bonus experience points for a match. We’re already working on concepts like “bonus XP for your first win of the day” and “extra XP when you play in a party with a Battletag or Real-ID friend”. We’re considering “bonus XP weekends” and other sorts of activities, which will be tested in the beta.
CGWVr.jpg

fbXvB.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This will keep a lot more people playing. Carrot on a stick just works for some reason
It really does! Just reading this makes me salivate. Hopefully Blizzard doesn't screw this up!

Deadman

It will be interesting to see whether the xp system makes people play more. Its essentially the same system as we have now except they have replaced the win number requirement with an xp bar. I guess people respond more to an xp bar filling than number of wins slowly going up.

If you look at the screenshots and look at what level the person is and how many games played/wins they have, its basically the same number of wins required as before (in the many hundreds) to unlock each portrait.

Yoshichan

Corran, I did a shoutout for you in one of those threads on GamingGAF!

#loveyou

Yoshichan

The power of SC2GAF is strong, man!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Why did he choose to go to Poland for training anyways? Seems abit...vacation-y. Why didn't he go to say...Canada?

There is a training house in Poland that was accepting him and I guess he wanted to go far away enough to get a fresh start...but he just plays LoL anyway.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Okay, I'm loving the UI stuff they've been showing us - and this is plain awesome!

CGWVr.jpg

fbXvB.jpg

This is a step in the right direction but portraits/achievements won't be enough incentive. Maybe some cosmetic skins akin the collector's edition thor?

Deadman

Excellent, seems all the low tier casters are moving. One day only artosis and apollo will be left to cast every single sc2 tournament. All both of them.

zlatko

Banned
qxc and wolf on sotg at the same time? Cant thing of any 3rd guest who could make it any worse.

Add in Kelly Milkies or whatever her name was. :p

Although wait, why are we hating on Wolf casting? He is a solid caster the few times I've seen him do it.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Excellent, seems all the low tier casters are moving. One day only artosis and apollo will be left to cast every single sc2 tournament. All both of them.

Enjoy having only 1-2 tournaments every 3 months.

profit

Although wait, why are we hating on Wolf casting? He is a solid caster the few times I've seen him do it.

Cause the community hates everyone, or love someone at first, then hate him a couple of weeks later.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

eh the Community seems to like Wolf. Its just funny to see more and more casting LoL. Even more when its Wolf considering how much he casts SC2 already (Code A/ Up and Down/GSTL) and now LoL. While others complain about alot less.

zlatko

Banned
Cause the community hates everyone, or love someone at first, then hate him a couple of weeks later.

True enough. Still baffles me people hate on Day 9. I get not liking him from the get go, but to wake up one day and full on hate him is odd.

Granted I haven't kept up with the SC2 community hardcore like I was when I was laddering, so that probably helps.

profit

True enough. Still baffles me people hate on Day 9. I get not liking him from the get go, but to wake up one day and full on hate him is odd.

Granted I haven't kept up with the SC2 community hardcore like I was when I was laddering, so that probably helps.

People just like to hate things that are popular, I myself am also at fault for that.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
We don't know the cast range of the oracle. I'm willing to bet it's 5 or less. All you need to counter it are~

Ghosts or Vikings~
Infestors or Corruptors~
(Unit's you already make every XvP 0.0)

Not to mention this is a non damage to unit caster with low health that in combination with other casters/units is going to heighten the Protoss skill ceiling.

Is it just me or do Zergs call imba too fast?

sure if your deathballing its easy to have a bunch of vikings or corruptors hanging around; but the entire point of the conversation was that the spell would promote splitting up the deathball.

reading is too skill based for protoss players.

sure if your deathballing its easy to have a bunch of vikings or corruptors hanging around; but the entire point of the conversation was that the spell would promote splitting up the deathball.

reading is too skill based for protoss players.

What are you even talking about? If any spell is cast on a clumped up army that isn't moving of course it will be devastating.
Once you hit end game you always pre split before a battle or you lose, regardless of the matchup. (If you don't have corrupters by then, then you'll lose regardless.)

Oh I forgot, you again have no idea what you're talking about.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
What are you even talking about? If any spell is cast on a clumped up army that isn't moving of course it will be devastating.
Once you hit end game you always pre split before a battle or you lose, regardless of the matchup. (If you don't have corrupters by then, then you'll lose regardless.)

Oh I forgot, you again have no idea what you're talking about.

reading is good for you.

Seriously, scroll your ass up. no one ever said imba, no one ever said split vs clumped. the entire point was if the spell would promote having multiple armies.

Stay free.

Mairu

Top Bottom