• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Will check when home.. But does this mean we never have to hear about that awful game again if we don't want to?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Will check when home.. But does this mean we never have to hear about that awful game again if we don't want to?

It basically just filters the main page to show only BW news. But all the side stuff is still the same showing all the other games (but you could always customize that stuff away)

Corran Horn

Striek

Never heard of them. I take it is a 99% LoL-related acquisition, since I really doubt FXO needs or wants a team of NA SC2 nobodies.

Corran Horn

please, if league of legends is headed on a crash course sc2 has been dead since launch

i don't even understand that comparison in the first place other than zynga was initially successful by ripping off other games and league of legends is dota

SlayerS_Jessica to get job running LoL worldwide operations.

BOOM

:p

ghst

thanks for the laugh
please, if league of legends is headed on a crash course sc2 has been dead since launch

i don't even understand that comparison in the first place other than zynga was initially successful by ripping off other games and league of legends is dota
think brian reynolds.

Boken

Banned
Been out of sc2 for ages. Can somebody explain how the PvZ meta became late game vortex toilet with archons v broodlord+infestor?

Last I watched/played it was all gate pressure into deathball.

Corran Horn

Been out of sc2 for ages. Can somebody explain how the PvZ meta became late game vortex toilet with archons v broodlord+infestor?

Zerg learned BL/Infestors were imba as shit finally and as protoss the easiest way to win it is archon toilets and hope those BLs clump up.

Played a bit of 2v2 and just wow at some of those maps. What the hell were blizzard smoking when they made those? They make steppes of war look like a perfect map.

Deadman

Played a bit of 2v2 and just wow at some of those maps. What the hell were blizzard smoking when they made those? They make steppes of war look like a perfect map.

So many of the team game maps are the same as release day. Its really sad, if they put even a little bit of effort in to it then they could be fun to play.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

protoss discovered a build that zerg couldn't stop on three base and then decided they'd just not use it every time a zerg builds three base.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Does Destiny even play SC2 nowadays or did he quit completely?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Okay, when did Dragon upgrade to 1080p? Looks amazing.

#twitchtv

J2d

So many of the team game maps are the same as release day. Its really sad, if they put even a little bit of effort in to it then they could be fun to play.
It's pathetic and they need to improve this for hots, I'd like to know what the ratio for 1v1 vs teamgames.

Yoshichan

I wish this was a Starcraft thread... also, I missed your stream today Holden :( Fuck! What were you playing?

Holden

I wish this was a Starcraft thread... also, I missed your stream today Holden :( Fuck! What were you playing?

heroes of might and magic 3, stream goes weird when streaming that game. old games

lulz

friend of mine wanted to see the final battle, lost it :(

im still waiting on my mobo so i can stream, package got lost and they just resent a new on friday...

Yoshichan

im still waiting on my mobo so i can stream, package got lost and they just resent a new on friday...
"Got lost"? Where the heck did you buy it from?

Can't wait till you start streaming, I'll gladly watch if it runs smoothly :3

Yoshichan

france yo, this aint america.

seriously thow, i dunno how they got it lost lol;;;
You gonna get compensation in some way? I'd force them to give me something for the trouble.

Chris R

What tips can you guys give to a new player? (Preferably tailored for someone who is terrible haha)

How terrible is terrible? Can't be worse than me, but what I do is just keep playing. Played 5 games last night and ended up winning the last two after realizing the mistakes I had made in the first few games (not enough hatcheries, not checking everywhere for proxy stuff, not denying cannon cheese, ect).

Yoshichan

Could of, but im patient so i didn't even mind that much. I'm also lazy as fuck
Your loss!

Tell your mother about the situation and let her do the talking!

Zzoram

Pretty pumped for MLG Dallas.

Flash vs Grubby will probably be the opening match.

Is Friday just Open Bracket, and groups don't start until Saturday?

Yeah im hyped about MLG and i actually have Sat, Sun and Mon off so i can watch the whol thing for once. It feels like it's been a long time since we had a proper MLG or IPL.

Completely agreed. I don't expect them to balance the game around team games as that is pretty much impossible but that doesn't mean the maps have to be steaming piles of garbage.

Like on one map in your natural there is just this random opening at the back of one side big enough for units to get through (it can be blocked by a pylon but still).

Most of the maps are tiny and because of base locations getting off even more than 1 base can be challenging at times.

Top Bottom