• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

(._.)

Banned
Life is such a cool kid. He seems really confident and laid back. Doesn't come off overly shy like many Koreans. Hope this dude really makes his name remembered because he seems like somebody with a lot of personality.

(._.)

Banned
if you make me an overlay

Just put a picture of the french flag where people usually put their webcams.

ex:

1vp8v.jpg

Zzoram

Life's the real deal and can be clearly stated as the best player in the world, at least for now.

Flash did pretty damn amazing for his first MLG. He lost to the best player in the world at a time when Zerg has an advantage over Terran, no shame in that.

Vaporak

Flash suffers because his style is mostly focused on the late game, and terran have no late game.

I don't know how you can say this with a straight face when Flash was refusing to build starports against Broodlords just earlier today. Right now Flash doesn't have a style, he's just trying to understand the game by mimicking what other successful Terran's do.

Zzoram

I don't know how you can say this with a straight face when Flash was refusing to build starports against Broodlords just earlier today. Right now Flash doesn't have a style, he's just trying to understand the game by mimicking what other successful Terran's do.

Yep, and he executes amazingly well even when he doesn't know what he's doing.

Once Flash figures things out, he's going to be a beast. HotS resetting strategy may help him catch up.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I can't wait for the day when Twitch just burns and dies. This piece of shit site needs to go down.

yHKNP.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wtf is the matter with you? :|
Wtf is the matter with YOU people? The reason why Twitch keeps sucking is because no one is doing anything about it. I've mailed them multiple times and I hope to at least notify them about some of the major issues with the site. Twitch just sucks overall, but just like Youtube, you have to swallow it. Why? Because they're dominating their market.

zargle

Wtf is the matter with YOU people? The reason why Twitch keeps sucking is because no one is doing anything about it. I've mailed them multiple times and I hope to at least notify them about some of the major issues with the site. Twitch just sucks overall, but just like Youtube, you have to swallow it. Why? Because they're dominating their market.

I fear I am walking into a tiger trap (or i guess a dino trap), but what are your specific problems with Twitch? Are they problems that are excacerbated by you living in EU or does that not matter?

I guess Im just curious what makes you so angry about Twitch in particular. I've never been angry with it or had problems with it really, or at least no problems I don't expect from any other web streaming client. I always had more of an issue with own3d, I guess, but again, nothing serious. What qualities are you looking for in a streaming service and what service has come the closest to meeting those expectations?

Im just trying to get a feel for what causes this specific Yoshi-rage, not trying to make you get more irritated.

Yoshichan

I fear I am walking into a tiger trap (or i guess a dino trap), but what are your specific problems with Twitch? Are they problems that are excacerbated by you living in EU or does that not matter?

I guess Im just curious what makes you so angry about Twitch in particular. I've never been angry with it or had problems with it really, or at least no problems I don't expect from any other web streaming client. I always had more of an issue with own3d, I guess, but again, nothing serious. What qualities are you looking for in a streaming service and what service has come the closest to meeting those expectations?

Im just trying to get a feel for what causes this specific Yoshi-rage, not trying to make you get more irritated.
I seem to have multiple different issues with Twitch every week or so, and they seem to be surpassing each other every single time. This week, it's been a matter of not being able to watch the stream unless I reload the page between 20-30 times. Example:

Let's say Yoshichan is streaming and I want to watch him play. I go to his Twitch-channel but I'm going to be stuck at the "offline" screen - no actual live footage. The chat will still be working during this. To "solve" this, I need to hit F5 - wait and see if it works. Doesn't work? Press F5 again! This usually works after 20-30 tries, which is insane. And guess what, when I want to watch another guy, I have to go through the exact same process again! So much fun!

Is it a Flash problem? Can't be. I've reinstalled Flash over ten times throughout these past months. Is it a browser problem? Nope! I've literally tried switching over to Chrome, Safari and even fucking Internet Explorer but it's the exact same issue. I've also tried using the Firefox "private surfing" to see if that works, but that doesn't help at all.

That's my main issue of the week (well, it's been going on for two weeks now). It's always different ones, and overall I've just had a terrible experience with Twitch. I've never had a single issue with Own3d, ever. No lag, no fullscreen-glitch, no sound bugs, no volume control-bug, no "show as offline"-bug, no chat bug, no nothing.

I've had to deal with all of the above with Twitch.

zargle

I seem to have multiple different issues with Twitch every week or so, and they seem to be surpassing each other every single time. This week, it's been a matter of not being able to watch the stream unless I reload the page between 20-30 times. Example:

Let's say Yoshichan is streaming and I want to watch him play. I go to his Twitch-channel but I'm going to be stuck at the "offline" screen - no actual live footage. The chat will still be working during this. To "solve" this, I need to hit F5 - wait and see if it works. Doesn't work? Press F5 again! This usually works after 20-30 tries, which is insane. And guess what, when I want to watch another guy, I have to go through the exact same process again! So much fun!

Is it a Flash problem? Can't be. I've reinstalled Flash over ten times throughout these past months. Is it a browser problem? Nope! I've literally tried switching over to Chrome, Safari and even fucking Internet Explorer but it's the exact same issue. I've also tried using the Firefox "private surfing" to see if that works, but that doesn't help at all.

That's my main issue of the week (well, it's been going on for two weeks now). It's always different ones, and overall I've just had a terrible experience with Twitch. I've never had a single issue with Own3d, ever. No lag, no fullscreen-glitch, no sound bugs, no volume control-bug, no "show as offline"-bug, no chat bug, no nothing.

I've had to deal with all of the above with Twitch.

Okay, that all makes sense to me and why you would not like their service. Reminds me of when I was using Chrome and couldnt watch any stream, regardless of service, or had to refresh the GOM vods 7 times to get them to work.

I'm sure you've tried everything else, but have you tried using one of the things-that-are-not-supposed-be-used-on-gaf? Maybe the site is trying to load ads and that is screwing everything up? I know nothing about streaming technology beyond I am seeing what they are showing and it is live. I always assumed magic gremlins do it. Either way, that sucks.

Yoshichan

Yep, it's gotten to the point where I'm using my Samsung Mini to watch Twitch-stuff. Spending 10-15 minutes F5'ing makes me rage so hard ._.

Yoshichan

I give up. 45 minutes of patience, trying to watch one stream. I'm now literally one inch from turning bat-shit and take my keyboard and shove it up so hard up my computers arse that all my fans pop out. I'd take all the fans and shove it up my own ass and then turn on the psu and let that shit spin for hours.

I give up. Good fucking night people.

edit: Tomorrow, I'm changing my computer, my ISP, my browser, my IP and my fucking clothes. That way Twitch might work again.

Mairu

I give up. 45 minutes of patience, trying to watch one stream. I'm now literally one inch from turning bat-shit and take my keyboard and shove it up so hard up my computers arse that all my fans pop out. I'd take all the fans and shove it up my own ass and then turn on the psu and let that shit spin for hours.

I give up. Good fucking night people.

edit: Tomorrow, I'm changing my computer, my ISP, my browser, my IP and my fucking clothes. That way Twitch might work again.

Have you tried emailing them at all?

Some of the loading issues might be due to Twitch EU sucking(I don't know? USAUSAUSAUSA) but some of your other issues are kinda weird

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Sase won $10,000 in China. Mana won $20,000/ForGG $12k/Stephano $8k in Europe. Makes you wonder why everyone goes to MLG

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
All three of those had to schedule on the same weekend yet the only thing next weekend is... Lone Star Clash?

Anything else?

Week after is Blizzard World Champions right? So I guess everyone is getting their tournys out asap lol

Yoshichan

Have you tried emailing them at all?

Some of the loading issues might be due to Twitch EU sucking(I don't know? USAUSAUSAUSA) but some of your other issues are kinda weird
Thanks for the link.

I've sent multiple "tickets" through the error-button, but never sent them an actual email. I'll get to that.

Yoshichan

Wait, what's going on here? Did they release DotA2 to everyone now? Logged on to Steam (after not logging on for a while) and saw this:

What the heck do I do with all of them? I don't wanna "accept" all of them because that way, I can't give them back (or give it to someone else), right? What if I decline, what happens then?

Zzoram

Valve released a batch of dota2 invites today to a bunch of people that already had the game.

I got 3. I gave them to some friends. When sending the invites, I noticed that it said Yoshi wanted dota2 and considered sending him an invite too, lol.

Wish lists work guys!

Yoshichan

The wish list have always worked, but it should take the games away from the list if you get it in any way :/

Yoshichan

이정훈
How are you? I’m MKP.
Thank you, Reddit!!
Following the 1st stream of Prime last week, we are preparing the 2nd live stream on 8th Nov. KST 12:00(GMT 3:00), a day before this week GSTL match(9th Nov.) vs. FXO.
There will be 3 parts in our 2nd stream.
Part 1 : Introduction of Prime players and Q&A
Part 2 : Show match among MKP, Creator, Byun and Maru for Prime’s Ace position
Part 3 : MKP’s Quiz show and raffle with our stream viewers. There are a lot of prizes like players’ private collection, Prime uniforms, etc.
And our big event!
3,000 viewers watched our 1st stream. Thank you so much. So, if the viewers of our 2nd stream are over 10,000, every member of Prime will dance to Gangnam Style in front of the camera. More extraordinarily, if our subscribers become 2,000, at GSTL match vs. FXO on the next day, we will enter the studio dancing “Gangnam Style”. It can’t be over 2,000, can it?
Prime team is not looking for sponsorship. And your little attention and help become a big help.
Asking your big interest and love.
Thank you!

Prime Stream : http://ko.twitch.tv/team/prime

Top Bottom