• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Does anyone have some fun builds for terran? I want to go bio tank in TvZ (hate mech in that matchup) but i'm trying mech in TvP. No idea how to play TvT but i've always been a fan of marine tank so i'll probably stick with that.

I seem to be going ok so far, i need to stop being so cheesy and stop doing 5 rax scv allins (even if it seems like diamond players of all races can't handle it).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
btw yoshi, rumors are saying tutorial for dota is comming out in this weeks patch.
DAY ONE.

... there's one issue, I don't want to ask DOTA-GAF for help :( Can I ask some stuff here or will that get me banned for off topic?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Reading... guides...

#ijustwannaplaycasuallyifiwannareadidreadabook

On a serious note, I'll probably just play the tutorial and stop there. We'll see though.

Yoshichan

you'd know all the cool nicknames for people if you weren't shy and joined the SC channel of mumble during it's heyday!

#RIPGAFNIGHT #SC2DEAD #HOTS #TEAMGAMES
Bolded part: Day one

Also, I was in the GAF Mumble channel for 3 months and no one ever came and said hi :(

Zzoram

DAY ONE.

... there's one issue, I don't want to ask DOTA-GAF for help :( Can I ask some stuff here or will that get me banned for off topic?

If you're ever online when I am, we can party up and play together and I will teach you the basics. It's an easier game than SC2 although it is still harder than LoL due to having more micro.

ksan

If you're ever online when I am, we can party up and play together and I will teach you the basics. It's an easier game than SC2 although it is still harder than LoL due to having more micro.

Burden of knowledge bro
It's all fake difficulty anyway

giri

I find DotA2 more fun than SC2 as a casual player. SC2 is still the only watchable esport for me though.

I find SC2 and FPS games easy to watch, i find the MOBA and fighting games terrible spectator events.

Though, on FPS, i tend to find the CS ones terrible spectator games. Halo/Quake were fine though.

Deadly

I find SC2 and FPS games easy to watch, i find the MOBA and fighting games terrible spectator events.

Though, on FPS, i tend to find the CS ones terrible spectator games. Halo/Quake were fine though.
Whaaat? Fighting games are great to watch. Quick and there's barely anything to understand. Unless it's Marvel where it's more like 'I don't know what the fuck is going on but it looks awesome'

giri

Whaaat? Fighting games are great to watch. Quick and there's barely anything to understand. Unless it's Marvel where it's more like 'I don't know what the fuck is going on but it looks awesome'

Thats the thing, there's a literal ton of things to understand with fighting games. But most of it happens far too spammily. It's why i don't like MOBA games for viewing.

xmShake

Neo Member
Thats the thing, there's a literal ton of things to understand with fighting games. But most of it happens far too spammily. It's why i don't like MOBA games for viewing.

At the core of fighting games, you see the life bar goes down until the character dies. There's not much to understand at a very basic level, you know some guy is getting fucked up if he's on the receiving end of a beatdown.

Of course there are game specific mechanics, spacing, strategy, mindgames and all that but they can still be exciting as hell to the absolute casual with no idea of what's going on because the end goal is so basic, and because they get caught up in the more exlposive nature of the game / get caught up with the commentators' hype.

Contrast this to a moba game where the beginner has no clue what the objective is, what the heroes/champs do, what the items do, and so on. All things necessary to know whats going on somewhat, but you're not going to get an explanation unless the commentator(s) spend literally the entire time explaining what they all do, or you have some other way of obtaining the information.

giri

At the core of fighting games, you see the life bar goes down until the character dies. There's not much to understand at a very basic level, you know some guy is getting fucked up if he's on the receiving end of a beatdown.

Of course there are game specific mechanics, spacing, strategy, mindgames and all that but they can still be exciting as hell to the absolute casual with no idea of what's going on because the end goal is so basic, and because they get caught up in the more exlposive nature of the game / get caught up with the commentators' hype.

Contrast this to a moba game where the beginner has no clue what the objective is, what the heroes/champs do, what the items do, and so on. All things necessary to know whats going on somewhat, but you're not going to get an explanation unless the commentator(s) spend literally the entire time explaining what they all do, or you have some other way of obtaining the information.

I disagree, i think you can contrast both very easily. The core of MOBA's, if you want to be simplistic, is obvious also, kill the other players, then, their buildings.

Its the nature of how it happens that i find... unpleasant to view.

But that's why we're all different :p

(._.)

Banned

CS is great to watch. Quake is also.

Halo is ok but the DM isn't nearly as impressive in that game imo.

Fnatic.Rain retires. Thus back to 1 Rain

IgGTZ.gif

link to vid?

You're joking, but it's the truth

Lol no it isn't. Also right now there are only 2 more zergs than there are terrans left in code S.

Oh we're talking about WCS. LOL good luck making the races look balanced in there, there are essentially no terrans and the ones that are there have no chance. Blizzard should have thought about during the qualifying process, it's too late now.

I usually have people call me garbage after I beat them in long macro games =/

This is an attitude i never understand. Chances are if you're facing me we're on a very similar level, so if i'm garbage you probably are too.

I always get that if i win in non macro games. I'm not sure if it's something that has just continued over from BW but people have this mindset that if a game ends before the late game that somehow it isn't fair or representative of your skill. To me you have to earn the ability to make the late game. If you can't survive early allins/pressure you aren't a good macro player.

Top Bottom