• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

TheD

The Detective
I'd love to see OSL's viewer numbers. Can't imagine them being close to GSL's

(i haven't finished GSL btw, no spoilers plz. I know who made it to the finals but dunno who won)

The OSL finals had a peek of around 9000 viewers, Last night's GSL was around 17000 peek.

Striek

So apparently season 5 has started, and my MMR still hasn't reset after 4 seasons. Guess its not going too. Time to tank it down so I can start anew with a different race (random into ?). Could just play normally until my MMR slides by itself, but nah.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just woke up from the coolest dream I've had in a while...

So I was in a buss, singing Call Me Maybe, when the buss driver stopped the whole vehicle in order to tell me to shut the fuck up. As he stopped, Jaedong walked into the buss. My jaw dropped but the buss driver took him as just another passenger so this pissed me off immensely and I punched him in the face. Both of us got kicked out of the buss by this action.

Jaedong told me he had no place to stay for the night so I gladly invited him to my place. He accepted and when we arrived a second later (we instantly arrived to the place for some reason), he asked me who that was - and then points towards my MKP photos I have on my wall. I tell him something like "You don't know MKP?" and kinda just told him that he was a nobody (...), and then offered him to show him how to play SC2.

So we sat down and apparently I was still rocking one of those old CRTs - he smiled when he saw that I hadn't upgraded to LCD. After I showed him a replay of a TvZ, he then told me that we should play against each other - so we did. He went upstairs (where there are no computers irl actually, lol) and we started playing. I don't remember anything out of the match but I do remember absolutely crushing him. After that, he came to me and told me that it's no fun that I win so brutally - he doesn't learn anything from that.

We ignored SC2 and I asked him if I could watch him play BW and he said yes. This excited me so much, so we sat down and he started up the game... and that's when the dream ended :(

Fuck, why did I have to wake up?!

Takes a lot of games to be demoted apparently -.-

Have you actually won a game yet? Or are you just quitting every game. It might wait for you to win a game or 2 before it decides to place you in a league.

Not sure why you're tanking though. The metagame hasn't changed that much and it's pretty easy to jump back in. Id say even if you changed race it won't be long before you're up around masters level again.

A bit off topic (going off topic in the starcraft thread no way !?) but I have 2 extra Dota 2 beta invites and I figured I'd offer it to SC2gaf first before going to the beta begging thread.

Ty4on

*Jaedong awesomeness*

Fuck, why did I have to wake up?!

When that happens I hate myself for never learning how to lucid dream :(

Very mild GSL spoilers in the spoilers. If you want to watch the VODs and the first games just show the placeholder, then go to the next match between
Yoda and GuMiho
and all will be explained by Tastosis.

Rain had to withdraw his match because of MLG, that's why they just showed a placeholder

First ladder game of the season I'm playing a guy who I'm 99% sure was maphacking. Specifically the production tab hack. I still won because PvP on Daybreak is a joke, but goddamn seriously!?

rep:http://drop.sc/269949

Clarification: nobody goes gate gas forge with no scouting and no probe on the map without hacks.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
TwFDE.jpg

Q7Nk0.jpg

Time to uninstall those MOBA's men, blizzard is back.

Deadman

Call of duty xp popups, gom house closing down because dead game. Install those mobas again.

Although to be fair they have FINALLY updated the hots beta map pool. I also like the addition of your personal win rate next to the veto button.

HeJVc.png

Zzoram

SC2 GAF is on team Dota 2 not LoL right? Teamliquid is on team Dota 2 and it's the more difficult game with the more Blizzard-roots.

Aaron

SC2 GAF is on team Dota 2 not LoL right? Teamliquid is on team Dota 2 and it's the more difficult game with the more Blizzard-roots.
LOL is so dull to watch. Playing it is okay, but I'm surprised people can sit through watching a match.

Mairu

I'm busier than I thought this weekend and it's apparently impossible to find MLG Gold Memberships anywhere (why do they even fucking mention it still exists on the website when nobody carries it anymore? why the FUCK did they even decide to sell an online membership exclusively in two retail stores?) so I'll probably missing most of MLG this weekend. Oh well!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I'm busier than I thought this weekend and it's apparently impossible to find MLG Gold Memberships anywhere (why do they even fucking mention it still exists on the website when nobody carries it anymore? why the FUCK did they even decide to sell an online membership exclusively in two retail stores?) so I'll probably missing most of MLG this weekend. Oh well!

Gold was a fuck up on their part. Like part into the year they wanted to stop selling it but because people bought it or it was still in those few retail stores they still had to support it.

Holden

#team LoL

hmm. nasl is having a free hd week during MLG. :p nice.

fuck you

#teamdota

edit:

pancakes plays zerg
jason plays zerg
panda plays zerg

all 3 plays the easier game... CONFIRMS EVERYTHING.

edit2:

holyshit blizzard. The technology has arrived

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Stream to Grubby vs Flash please!

calder

Let's get this shit going, what is this IPL? :|

EDIT: 6cdt start now according to twitter. Very well... you have 29 minutes MLG. Use them wisely.

Daante

So MLG is over 1 hr late with their show :S

Bleh, really tired now , (clock is past midnight where i live) , would have liked to watch Grubby vs Flash

Yoshichan

Getting tired ._.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
you can double bunker the ramp too

actually, since you cant wall ramp to nexus anymore, can toss even forge expand on that map anymore? seems like you'd die to any 2 base aggro since the natural has two entrances and the first wall would have to be forward of the ramp. your wall cannons cant even protect your nexus. -.-

actually, since you cant wall ramp to nexus anymore, can toss even forge expand on that map anymore? seems like you'd die to any 2 base aggro since the natural has two entrances and the first wall would have to be forward of the ramp. your wall cannons cant even protect your nexus. -.-

Yeah it looks like they have it on the wrong side of the ramp lol.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
congrats on his starting halfway through the bracket i guess.

i wonder how many better players will be eliminated by then.

Yoshichan

mOOnglade is trash

Top Bottom