• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Mairu

이정훈
How are you? I’m MKP.
Thank you, Reddit!!
Following the 1st stream of Prime last week, we are preparing the 2nd live stream on 8th Nov. KST 12:00(GMT 3:00), a day before this week GSTL match(9th Nov.) vs. FXO.
There will be 3 parts in our 2nd stream.
Part 1 : Introduction of Prime players and Q&A
Part 2 : Show match among MKP, Creator, Byun and Maru for Prime’s Ace position
Part 3 : MKP’s Quiz show and raffle with our stream viewers. There are a lot of prizes like players’ private collection, Prime uniforms, etc.
And our big event!
3,000 viewers watched our 1st stream. Thank you so much. So, if the viewers of our 2nd stream are over 10,000, every member of Prime will dance to Gangnam Style in front of the camera. More extraordinarily, if our subscribers become 2,000, at GSTL match vs. FXO on the next day, we will enter the studio dancing “Gangnam Style”. It can’t be over 2,000, can it?
Prime team is not looking for sponsorship. And your little attention and help become a big help.
Asking your big interest and love.
Thank you!

Prime Stream : http://ko.twitch.tv/team/prime

Part of this stuff makes Prime seem so desperate :[

I subscribed even though I'll be sleeping whenever they're streaming.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
DotA2 was so hard, I only got to the menu screen. The overwhelming stuff in the menu made me quit and go to SC2+WoW.

edit: I'm not joking btw. I need someone to guide me through that game, hardcore.

DotA2 was so hard, I only got to the menu screen. The overwhelming stuff in the menu made me quit and go to SC2+WoW.

edit: I'm not joking btw. I need someone to guide me through that game, hardcore.

Click Play at the top, create a lobby, click start, pick a character and fuck around.

There's a difference between something being hard and you just being lazy, Yoshi. :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Lazy my ass, NiX :/ Do I look like I want to jump into a game and get completely demolished? In SC2, you get a tutorial + the opportunity to play against Very Easy computer. In LoL, you get this tutorial that explains some of the basics (and you actually get to play the tutorial).

In DotA2? There was so much shit everywhere; if the game has a tutorial, it's doing it wrong. As soon as I click the "I'm a noob at MOBAs", they should direct me into a fat tutorial with the AI. The rest should just be blurred out; two hundred tabs and those tabs leads to another 500 tabs... it's way too overwhelming.

Creating a lobby pits you against bots of whatever difficulty you choose. No need to interact with the cesspool that is the MOBA community while you're learning.

Keep in mind you're comparing Dota 2, a game still being openly worked on, with completed products. Tutorials are always late in the development cycle.

Obligatory tutorials on the gameplay:

How to play Dota 2 in 4 minutes

Welcome to Dota 2, you suck.

Fake edit: Also, stop being a curmudgeon, hop on either the main GAF mumble or the DayZ mumble and ask for help. Defeatist attitude stinks.

Yoshichan

You know what Nix, you're right. I'm too lazy after all :(

I don't remember feeling like this for SC2 - but I guess times change.
Fake edit: Also, stop being a curmudgeon, hop on either the main GAF mumble or the DayZ mumble and ask for help. Defeatist attitude stinks.
I don't know what either of those words mean, but I'm gonna take it you're a big meany to me now!

zargle

I don't know what either of those words mean, but I'm gonna take it you're a big meany to me now!

No one's trying to be mean, just to get you to try new things and explore the great wide world. Except its the world of MOBAs. Which are evil and bad.
Nah, they're fine

Did you feel this way in the beta for WoL? Or were there tutorials at that point already?

Yoshichan

No one's trying to be mean, just to get you to try new things and explore the great wide world. Except its the world of MOBAs. Which are evil and bad.
Nah, they're fine
Holden plays MOBA games and look at him, he's very kind and humble!

What 867 said. I played LOL for about 10 minutes before uninstalling it, so I know that feel of "The fuck is this?" But playing Dota 2 with gaffers has been the most fun I've had in awhile, even if it's at my own expense because I'm new. I still have fun.

Have fun Yoshi! We've all wasted our time on much worse things.

Holden

Game still (lol) in beta.

There will be a tutorial, the tutorial button is greyed out ATM

Those 2 videos nix posted are pretty nice

I played both LoL and Dota alot. I got a lvl 30 on LoL, never played again once i got into sc2beta lol.
So ya i played both games and Dota is just superior in every way
but for casual scrubs
. lolol

Yoshichan

Well I'm gonna force some GAFers to play DOTA2 with me someday, and it's gonna be glorious.

Well I'm gonna force some GAFers to play DOTA2 with me someday, and it's gonna be glorious.

Here's the DayZ Mumble: chi.eoreality.net port:64803

There's usually about 5 or so of us on, sometimes more and sometimes less, but we're always willing to play. I'm still learning too, so I can bestow upon you some of my basic knowledge that helped me.

Yoshichan

I was in that Mumble for like 2 months and no one ever visited me in the Diablo 3 channels.

Well, Hazaro did I guess... but that's about it.

Yoshichan

Are you sure? I don't recall you ever coming on the DayZ mumble. That's not the address to the main GAF mumble.
Oooh! My bad :3 well, guess I've got no other choice but to go in at some point!

Zzoram

So I got yet another Dota2 invite given to me after playing for a few hours. Did other people get more too?'

I got 3 yesterday and 1 today to give to friends. Luckily I have many friends who want them.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Fnatic.Rain retires. Thus back to 1 Rain

IgGTZ.gif

giri

Dont know if there was an MLG thread, but :( i wanted leenock to win.

Also, i have dota2 keys, but everyone has one now.

Also, it's hardly still in beta :| isn't this its 4th? year of beta now? are they trying to steal the DNF title or something?

Dont know if there was an MLG thread, but :( i wanted leenock to win.

Also, i have dota2 keys, but everyone has one now.

Also, it's hardly still in beta :| isn't this its 4th? year of beta now? are they trying to steal the DNF title or something?

Nobody knew what the game looked like (besides Valve and Icefrog) until the first International, so more like a year and a couple of months of public beta.

giri

btw yoshi, saw you having twitch problems.

Make sure you download the flash uninstaller (for all versions you have installed, there is a different version for every browser basically). Reset.

THEN re-install flash.

Most people jsut re-install, with out doing a proper un-install first.

Dumb that you need to download an un-installer though :|

Yoshichan

Thank you giri, I'll do that!

Yoshichan

ily EJ ♥

Yoshichan

There. Donated once again to Prime TV

giri

what happened to you on the weekend btw EJ?

Also, does anyone know what is happening with SlayerS ?

Are they basically just releasing all their a-teamers and just going to forge ahead and hope to develop their younger players?

what happened to you on the weekend btw EJ?

Also, does anyone know what is happening with SlayerS ?

Are they basically just releasing all their a-teamers and just going to forge ahead and hope to develop their younger players?

add me on skype EscapingJail

Slayers has disbanded.

Yoshichan

Who the heck is face?

Yoshichan

Oh is that what we call (._.) :lol?!

Top Bottom