• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
YO

YOOOOOOO

I've been asking around everywhere what the heck happened to you without getting an answer and it was pissing me off ._. PM me the details man, I've fucking missed your ass :(

giri

This is an attitude i never understand. Chances are if you're facing me we're on a very similar level, so if i'm garbage you probably are too.

I always get that if i win in non macro games. I'm not sure if it's something that has just continued over from BW but people have this mindset that if a game ends before the late game that somehow it isn't fair or representative of your skill. To me you have to earn the ability to make the late game. If you can't survive early allins/pressure you aren't a good macro player.

I'm more of a macro guy, and yeah, i hate dieing to pressure and the like because i know it was MY fault. I should know to build those turrets, not skip this, should have got that factory built quicker, do better scouting. All those things.

I consider that part of your macro ><

I wonder if they will realease HOTS with Global Play... since HOTS has global play.

FULL

GLOBAL

SATURATION

They will for sure but i was kinda hoping it would come a little earlier. It sucks because usually play from around 8pm-12pm Australian time which means that the SEA server is dead (that never changes) and hardly anyone is on NA. Makes it hard to do much besides 1v1 ladder really. Can't wait for it to come out.

fanboi

Banned
I see my comment was stupid... I ment, I wonder if they will release HOTS with this new patch... or wait for HOTS to finish up and give global play to all.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
:( what happened to face now?

Yoshichan

I just can't believe face would say something like that...

Anyone watching lonestar clash? Pretty fun tournament, only problem is it's yet another tournament with huge breaks between games. It's pretty frustrating and makes you want to turn it off. Waiting for like 40+ minutes to see a game is a joke. I don't understand why so many SC2 tournaments are like this.

I3M9a.jpg

lol

Yoshichan

That's not the first time... Naniwa being human.

Zzoram

Lone Star Clash 2

Foreigners filtering out pretty fast. Only Stephano, Naniwa, BabyKnight and Sheth left.

Only one of BabyKnight or Sheth is going to be left in an hour though.

Stephano is the only foreigner left in the winner's bracket.

I haven't played SC2 since...September? Don't remember. Definitely need to get back into the game

note: leave me alone, my avatar is due to losing a bet

Yoshichan

hey pd

what happened to your avatar

Yoshichan

LSC's delays are 2010 mlg worthy.

I keep saying this every time this happens (which feels like almost every big tournament bar GSL) but this kills your viewer count. Instead of building viewer numbers towards the final it keeps getting reset after each series. As soon as a set finishes thousands of viewers leave because they know it will be so long before the next game.

If i wasn't doing something else at the same time i would have turned it off a long time ago. Anyway hoping to see bomber crush through, watching a terran play really aggressive like this is pretty much SC2 at its best.

Vaporak

I keep saying this every time this happens (which feels like almost every big tournament bar GSL) but this kills your viewer count. Instead of building viewer numbers towards the final it keeps getting reset after each series. As soon as a set finishes thousands of viewers leave because they know it will be so long before the next game.

If i wasn't doing something else at the same time i would have turned it off a long time ago. Anyway hoping to see bomber crush through, watching a terran play really aggressive like this is pretty much SC2 at its best.

Tuned in for Lonestar, and so far I've only seen ads and the "up next" splash screen. I'm now thinking about just going to do something else it's taking so long.

Tuned in for Lonestar, and so far I've only seen ads and the "up next" splash screen. I'm now thinking about just going to do something else it's taking so long.

There was a pretty high chance you would see that as that screen has probably made up over half the tournament. Also this final day is going to end up taking like 12-13 hours, how can anyone be expected to stick around? Going that long essentially fucks over every region.

Yoshichan

How does that heat-thingy even work?

Deadman

How does that heat-thingy even work?

They have cameras pointed at the players face and are using some software called "mira metrix gaming" to track their eyes.

They show it sometimes during the live games, a circle will be on the screen showing where they are looking.

Vaporak

They have cameras pointed at the players face and are using some software called "mira metrix gaming" to track their eyes.

They show it sometimes during the live games, a circle will be on the screen showing where they are looking.

That's a nice addition to the first person view that they do some times, I hope more tournaments pick that up.

Yoshichan

That sounds awesome

Better give SCVs 25hp now.

Crank engaged poorly, split his units too much on both fronts.

Crank keeps engaging in open ground when it isn't necessary (not in that last engagement obviously). Pretty fun games there, looking forward to the final. Bomber and Stephano have both been playing aggressively, should be fun.

Deadman

Stephano hasnt lost a map yet, 8-0. Bomber lost 2-0 to violet but then hes gone 10-0 in lower bracket (12-2 in total).

Edit: One of his lower bracket wins was 2-0 over violet. This tournament needs extended series.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Crank keeps engaging in open ground when it isn't necessary (not in that last engagement obviously). Pretty fun games there, looking forward to the final. Bomber and Stephano have both been playing aggressively, should be fun.
He needed to buy time for 2-2, legs, and storm though.

Bomber has been having ABOVE AVERAGE engagments. Good for him. Hopefully Stephano is playing well. Looking forward to it.

zlatko

Banned
@Yoshi

I got banned in the big Dorito's Mountain dew, Game journalism thread.

I basically said N'gai Carol or however ya spell it, looks like Whoopey Goldberg to lighten up the craziness in the thread, but got hit with ban hammer for it.

Oh wells no biggy.

Top Bottom