• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

These player introductions and interviews are embarrassingly bad and it really feels like they are just trying to pander to nerds by showing a hot girl. It's cringeworthy.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hold on, let me pause so someone can let me know it's a 2 rax.
kthx

Oh my god gaming the meta hacks. BOMBER

"And on the tracker we can clearly see..." No eyes on the monitor! :D

Won

These player introductions and interviews are embarrassingly bad and it really feels like they are just trying to pander to nerds by showing a hot girl. It's cringeworthy.

Prosser is just a special kind of terrible. As far as I remember she even took "lessons" for that.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Good lord I want Apollo casting this.
I'm seeing so many great things.

Love Bomber's attention to preserving units. Too bad he stacked 1600 minerals.

Oh wait, just make 4 tanks and 3 CC's. MONEY SPENT!

Ugh. No depth of analysis at all in that match.

Deadman

Wow the way they are handling the double elim finals is a special kind of stupid. Bo5 first and if stephano wins its over. If bomber wins they start a Bo3.

Vaporak

No Day9, severe corner cutting to get tech up isn't exciting. It either ends up with both players sitting back and not interacting, or one of them attacks and rolls over the greedy player.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
No Day9, severe corner cutting to get tech up isn't exciting. It either ends up with both players sitting back and not interacting, or one of them attacks and rolls over the greedy player.
It's exciting for me.

And Stephano made more than 100 lings so everything died. YAY

*Internet outage? LAN please. *A switch is reported to have died.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Double eliminations kill the finals. Only system that works is where they split the brackets in half so the finalists will never have a chance to play each other throughout the tournament (MLG is trying to do that).

Round robin groups are stupid. Korean tournaments worst tournaments.

I'm not a huge fan of groups but it's much better than this format which ruins the final and pretty much just kills your hype. GSL has the best format right now imo although i wish they would just scrap the group stages.

calder

Wanted to find this thread yesterday, but damn was it nice to see QXC playing so well again. Sure QXC gonna QXC when he spends way too much time and effort on showy early harass and ends up behind despite killing 20 workers, but I love his dedication to his strengths.

I was watching the finals earlier but had to leave when the power went out (or the internet went down, whatever). Made it back home in time to see Stephano take the last map, I assume this is the second Bo3?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Wanted to find this thread yesterday, but damn was it nice to see QXC playing so well again. Sure QXC gonna QXC when he spends way too much time and effort on showy early harass and ends up behind despite killing 20 workers, but I love his dedication to his strengths.

I was watching the finals earlier but had to leave when the power went out (or the internet went down, whatever). Made it back home in time to see Stephano take the last map, I assume this is the second Bo3?
Correct.

I like QXC, what games has he played well in that I can watch?

Striek

I don't see how double elim kills the finals. Either the winner goes through undefeated like a boss and theres only a single final anyway, or he managed to come back from a loss of a series. Makes it HYPE IMO. Like this one, can Stephano hold on or will Bomber come back from the losers bracket? HYPE

Two bracket double elim/single elim final sounds pretty good though. Kudos if MLG manage that.

Bomber looks to be in so much trouble.

I don't see how double elim kills the finals. Either the winner goes through undefeated like a boss and theres only a single final anyway, or he managed to come back from a loss of a series. Makes it HYPE IMO. Like this one, can Stephano hold on or will Bomber come back from the losers bracket? HYPE

Because you build up heaps of tension and hype only for it all to be reset when it goes to the second boX. I'm still hyped for the game but i just don't like the format. Bomber has already had to trudge through the loser bracket, that should be his disadvantage. I would rather just a straight up best of 7.

Haunted

Wait, I'm looking at sc2earnings and sc2charts and Stephano is ranking #4 in the all-time prizemoney list.

Is that right?

Goddamn.

Zzoram

Fungal is pretty BS.

A spell that does damage AND paralyzes units shouldn't exist. They combined Maelstrom and Plague from Broodwar into a single spell.

Fungal should only slow your units and do damage, not freeze them.

That said, Blizzard needs to make Ghosts cost less gas or improve Snipe damage vs Psionic units so Terran make more in TvZ. I feel like EMP could work.

Top Bottom