• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Fungal is pretty BS.

A spell that does damage AND paralyzes units shouldn't exist. They combined Maelstrom and Plague from Broodwar into a single spell.

Fungal should only slow your units and do damage, not freeze them.

Well something is gonna happen to it...what? Who knows but Dustin Browder made a post about it.

I want to be as clear as I can on our current position of the Infestor in Wings of Liberty.

- We are not going to make any changes before BWC.
- We are going to continue to watch games and gather data.
- We will discuss changes.
- We may try a balance map sometime after BWC.
- We may try some changes in Swarm Beta, using that as a test-bed for stuff we could bring back into Wings of Liberty.

At this time I could see these as possible outcomes:
- We nerf Infested Terrans, Fungal Growth or both.
- We make a change to the Infestor (hit points, movement speed, etc.).
- We do a change to how the unit is designed (add a projectile back to Fungal Growth, increase the visibility of burrowed units while they are moving, etc.).
- We buff some of the potential counters (EMP, Feedback).
- We do a combination of any of the above.
- We see something that makes us decide that doing nothing is the right answer. Obviously if this occurs we would share this data or reasoning.

For those of you who believe that this is too slow a response, I am sorry.

Zzoram

I don't think nerfing Infested Terrans is quite necessary, just make Infestors easier to kill so Zerg players can't retain them as well and keep reusing 30 Infestors.

Options:

Buffing snipe back to 45 dmg but make it do 30 to massive so they don't counter Broodlords/Ultras like they did before.

Part of the problem with using EMP is that cloaked Ghosts can't really wander into Overseer Broodlord Infestor to EMP since they'll get blocked/killed by Broodlings before they get into EMP range so that's not a very good move. Also, EMP radius is tiny whereas Infestors are huge so you'd catch maybe 1-2 Infestors per EMP.

Therefore, boost EMP and Feedback range by 2 so they don't have to be in Broodlord range to start EMP. Or reduce Broodlord range by 1 or 2 so they don't protect Infestors as well.

Another option is to reduce the range of Fungal by 1 or 2 so the Infestor is more likely to die after casting it due to being in range of enemy fire.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
@Yoshi

I got banned in the big Dorito's Mountain dew, Game journalism thread.

I basically said N'gai Carol or however ya spell it, looks like Whoopey Goldberg to lighten up the craziness in the thread, but got hit with ban hammer for it.

Oh wells no biggy.
:(

Oh well, glad to see you're back! I missed you!
Well something is gonna happen to it...what? Who knows but Dustin Browder made a post about it.
Dusting Browder said something about the infestor? Probably a buff (fungal growth now kills destructible rocks immediately). Wait for it.

a3den

You know guys, I'm pretty sure Stephano didn't use more than 7 infestors all tournament long, I think he even was trying to make a point...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You know guys, I'm pretty sure Stephano didn't use more than 7 infestors all tournament long, I think he even was trying to make a point...
more liek

prove a point that zerg is op no matter if they use infestors or not

ololo

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

that he's not leenock?

because lets be real 80% of the time people complain about infestors, the example given is a leenock game.

Zzoram

that he's not leenock?

because lets be real 80% of the time people complain about infestors, the example given is a leenock game.

Leenock is such a boss. He's still the only Zerg to effectively and regularly use burrowed Banelings.

He's about to lose the Ritmix RSL II Finals to Scarlett though.

nvm Leenock wins 4-3.

fanboi

Banned
I just found out that Holden is 17 years old...

My world is in shambles...

And in my head I have done some illegal thoughts...

god damn.

jasonng

fuck fuck fuck fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you

I'm not in the beta.

RalphWiggum.gif

Yoshichan

Wait, Holden is 17?

fuck! All my dreams... they were all LIES T_T

Yoshichan

Yoshichan

About that...

i06uBD6jXGW6R.PNG

Yeah... riiiight.

I was, like, getting laid while you where in diapers.
Not my fault that we got extinct

Yoshichan

Good job getting it, fake lizard

Yoshichan

Lizards outlived dinosaurs

youre not even a real dinosaur, youre domesticated
I will tell mother Rex about this

You're fucked

Yoshichan

That's still fresh meat... by the way you're talking, I was expecting you to be 40+ or something :/ My brother could totally beat you in a fight!

Hots Beta: "Unfortunately it is a bug [with the accounts management page] that we're looking into right now. No trolling was intended. We wouldn't mess with you guys like that." - Blizzard CM

Yoshichan

Lol yeah wtf!? I'm 24, almost 25. What came before Dinosaurs then? Jesus?
God, then dinosaurs, then animals, then mankind, then finally Jesus

Come on, everyone should know this by now!

zlatko

Banned
Same age. There's one person that was older than me. Can't remember his age or name, but he didn't play with us much.

French women are hairy.

The hairiest!

fuck you

50$ for an expansion....yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa no

Youngsters these days! No respect for their elders and possible fathers. DUN DUN DUN. Sup son?!

$50.00 too much for your allowance? Start saving now! :p

Yoshichan

The hairiest!

Youngsters these days! No respect for their elders and possible fathers. DUN DUN DUN. Sup son?!

Oh Shiiiiiiiiiiiit

Holden

The hairiest!

might as well kill myself

i would post how much i have but it feels wrong to post about money on forums =/

but i have enough... so fuck you again

terran is paying 50$ for one unit, hahaha

Top Bottom