• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Holden

well they allrdy have a huge variety so i understand they can't really put more units

but slapping a 50$ price for europe, even more for Oceania is just lol

giri

well they allrdy have a huge variety so i understand they can't really put more units

but slapping a 50$ price for europe, even more for Oceania is just lol

Terran may have variety, but the units are fairly limited because of it.

Yeah, it will probably bomb really hard in AU if they expect to charge full price of a new game ($80-$120) for just an expansion.

zlatko

Banned
might as well kill myself

i would post how much i have but it feels wrong to post about money on forums =/

but i have enough... so fuck you again

terran is paying 50$ for one unit, hahaha

How wuuuuude. :( I'd be a great pappy to you! We could SC2 all day 'ereday!

Holden

amazon usually reduces the price on europe to make it $/€ equal. They did for diablo3 atleast :(. Still nothing for hots...

and ztlako, go away

giri

Actually, i have only 2 real whinges about terran units in WoL. Ghosts basically got changed to being EMP only. And i wish the battlecruiser was a more viable end game unit.

zlatko

Banned
amazon usually reduces the price on europe to make it $/€ equal. They did for diablo3 atleast :(. Still nothing for hots...

and ztlako, go away

KHc3d.jpg

Vaporak

Actually, i have only 2 real whinges about terran units in WoL. Ghosts basically got changed to being EMP only. And i wish the battlecruiser was a more viable end game unit.

BC is good in TvP ultra late game, it's just that no one besides MVP has really ever tried to work out a viable transition to it so it's even less explored than carrier transitions are.

BC is good in TvP ultra late game, it's just that no one besides MVP has really ever tried to work out a viable transition to it so it's even less explored than carrier transitions are.

Yep, and the one map it was somewhat viable on was only available on ladder for a month.

Holden

How is BC viable late game TvP when Feedback takes half their health away?

start with 3 armor which is fucking insane
emp your own battlecruisers if you cant use the fucking yamato cannon

i mean mvp lost to squirtle cause of a fucking vortex... in a game where emp exist...

its mostly mules that ruin pvt lategame. but by lategame i guess i mean extreme lategame. Barely any pro games get to that part of the game

Vaporak

How is BC viable late game TvP when Feedback takes half their health away?

a) that's only true if you don't use yamato
b) it won't take half their health
c) it means you lost the ghost vs HT battle which is a separate issue.

Notice you're not asking how marines are viable because storm exists. The fact of the matter is that the strength of feedback against Terran high end units is overrated.

MVP is so overwhelmingly the best Terran. Balancing the game on him really isn't fair.

This has nothing to do with it. There's nothing MVP did that's special to get to BC/ghost as the backbone of his army besides turtle hard. Any Pro Terran could do it, they choose not to because it's easier to play MMM, not because MMM is stronger, because they get success without BC's so why change?

SC2 is only going to continue to go backwards now with HOTS. It's hard enough convincing people to play the game now, i'm sure adding an expensive expansion will make people more willing to. Blizzard certainly aren't killing esports (it's bigger than ever) but they may be killing SC2 as an esport.

Actually, i have only 2 real whinges about terran units in WoL. Ghosts basically got changed to being EMP only.

When did this happen? If anything snipe gets used more than EMP.

Zzoram

Increase EMP radius, but make it do less shield damage and equal mana drain to now.

That makes it better against Infestors but about the same against deathballs.

Zen

Banned
You could always EMP your own BCs, really!
-----------
Hey guys.

The_long_road.png

After being stuck in diamond for ever, and playing something close to 9k games, I stopped playing so much and finally got over myself and my need to win. It's weird but after seeing that I didn't do a dance and a jig; literally 2 years spent trying to get to masters, countless broken keyboards, and now all I think is 'oh that's good, time to keep improving and having fun'.

Yoshi, I know we never met up on Bnet but whenever you're free sometime let me know! :x

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Congrats Zen!!

And yes, I'll get to you as soon as I can. Once again, sorry for being awfully busy lately ._.

is that paragon 50? jesus

Ya lol
I have a couple friends that are 90-100 lol

It's a fun game to waste time with lol. That crossbow I have is worth $250 and selling everything on the character would net me $350-400~ So whenever I feel like quitting I can just "Cash out".

I've already made $150 playing the game, and I'm about to sell something else for $50 lolol.

Boken

Banned
Ya lol

It's a fun game to waste time with lol. That crossbow I have is worth $250 and selling everything on the character would net me $350-400~ So whenever I feel like quitting I can just "Cash out".

I've already made $150 playing the game, and I'm about to sell something else for $50 lolol.

I still have rare gear from the crappy 1.01 days. Now I'm too afraid of the grind required when jumping back : (

giri

I still have rare gear from the crappy 1.01 days. Now I'm too afraid of the grind required when jumping back : (

I've been contemplating installing it since the latest patch, jsut to see the changes, but i'm not even 60 so............ effort.

Deadly

Ya lol

I wish I had cashed out when I could. I had a sword that was pretty much top tier but considering the recent drops it's not worth much anymore.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I wanted to play a vita game and just bought Need for speed for it...why do I do this when I have so much backlog lol (even on the vita).

giri

It's going to be the biggest tournament of the year by far. IPL5 has an incredible line-up of players and casters AND we get the GSL final.

Actually considering how big it's going to be i was kind of expecting blizzard to hold off on the official HOTS announcement until then.

it's more weird that IPL and GSL finals are on the same weekend as WCG is on.

it's more weird that IPL and GSL finals are on the same weekend as WCG is on.

It is? Damn i forgot all about the WCG. IPL pretty much runs all day so i doubt i will have time to watch it now. Kinda sucks how all the big tournaments have been back ended this year. Way too much SC2 right now (not that i'm complaining).

fanboi

Banned
It is? Damn i forgot all about the WCG. IPL pretty much runs all day so i doubt i will have time to watch it now. Kinda sucks how all the big tournaments have been back ended this year. Way too much SC2 right now (not that i'm complaining).

Buu bubuubuububububububububuuut SC2 is dieing?!

The more important news is that it may finally be the end of mlg's shitty rule (and their whole tournament/bracket structure for that matter)

giri

The more important news is that it may finally be the end of mlg's shitty rule (and their whole tournament/bracket structure for that matter)

MLG's bracket system never made a whole bunch of sense and made it really really difficult to follow who was where.

the most fair whilst retaining some ability to follow it,would be the GSL brackets.

But Its still good about the partnership. Now they need to get WCG, IPL and GSL involved and all should be good.

If they did that, they would have one major tournament every month, with a bunch of the rest done during the week (online/GSL).

Top Bottom