• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Aaron

Grubby played like a total boss in those last three games. Especially the long game where he was constantly harassing everywhere, and still managed to hold against the zerg's big push.

Zzoram

This is Grubby's first Finals and if he wins, his first Title. Unlike most big name players, Grubby has very steadily been improving since he first started playing. The last few tournaments he's gone deeper than he ever used to.

I hope he wins.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow, Grubby suddenly becoming really good? Any way I can watch these vods?

ghst

thanks for the laugh
i cannot remember a game in recent sc2 history where a single proxy gate worked in a pvt without a fast core for stalkers, even then, it's been the best part of a year.

really weird decision to bet the tournament on. would've been better off just trying some proxy stargate shenanigans if you think he's going to rush for tech.

On the ladder i've been doing a stupid tactic that involves a proxy gate which has netted me a few wins. I do the romanion 4 probe rush and during my harassment i proxy a gate or 2 in their base (it's cool when you can put the pylon on the low ground, obviously 2 player maps only). Then i pull all my probes after some zealots are out (or not depending on the situation). Sometimes i like to change it up with a cannon rush as well.

i cannot remember a game in recent sc2 history where a single proxy gate worked in a pvt without a fast core for stalkers, even then, it's been the best part of a year.

It's just not a very good strategy. Proxy stargate can still actually work because no one is expecting it and can actually be strong for that reason.

Honestly the last proxy gate i remember working against terran was from MC a looooooong time ago.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm pissed I missed Grubby come back in the semis and then put on an awesome Grand Final. I was so damn tired last night :/

Holden, what are you game graphics settings when you stream?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
dont think it depends much on the game settings

more on what resolution / cpu u have / your internet

Well I would think my settings would do the job. I'm playing at 1680x1050 (stream output is 720p)/ CPU is the Sandy Bridge i5 OC'd to 4.3 and my internet is top notch Verizon FiOs.

I'm going to try low settings today and see how that goes.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So you'll never stream anymore Holden :(?

lol

Even if he got on a Kespa team he'd just fuck it up after a few months. Or the team would get good so fast that he'd become irrelevant and they'd drop him

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I understand the dream of being on a KeSPA team...but that will suck so much when you can only do MLG as a foreign tournament.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
GSL World Championship rosters (during IPL5)

Korea
73369.jpg

MVP_DongRaeGu, StarTale_Life, LG-IM_Seed, StarTale_Squirtle, SK_MC

World
73370.jpg

EG_Stephano (seed), Acer.Nerchio, LucifroN, Acer.Scarlett, Mionix_Naniwa (seed)

Round 1 (Day 1)
Head to Head: Pre-selected players will go head to head with members of the other team on pre-selected maps. Whichever team wins the most maps will be declared the winner (All 5 sets will be played regardless of the outcome)
73371.png

Round 2 (Day 2)
All-kill format: Just like the GSTL, each team will select their starting player and battle it out on a pre-selected map. After the first set is over, the losing team will choose their next player and map until all their players are defeated. (Best of 9)

Korean All Stars starting player: TBA
Global All Stars starting player: TBA​

Round 3
Ace Match: If both teams manage to win one round apiece, this round will be the deciding factor.. The teams will send forth one champion to end it all in a best of 3 format!

Korean All Stars ace player: TBA
Global All Stars ace player: TBA​

3) Prize money
10,000,000 (Korean Won)

4) Maps
Cloud Kingdom, Whirlwind, Emtombed Valley, Bel’Shir Vestige, Abyssal City, Antiga Shipyard, Daybreak, Ohana, Metropolis

5) Schedule
Day 1, December 2nd: 7:00AM KST (December 1st 2:00PM PST)
Day 2, December 3rd: 7:00AM KST (December 2nd 2:00PM PST)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
FUCK YEAH
LOOK AT ALL THOSE MATCHES FOR IPL5

IPL5 is looking to have some amazing matches for both SC2 and League. Hopefully they won't have internet issues interrupting.

Well I would think my settings would do the job. I'm playing at 1680x1050 (stream output is 720p)/ CPU is the Sandy Bridge i5 OC'd to 4.3 and my internet is top notch Verizon FiOs.

I'm going to try low settings today and see how that goes.

If you're using XSplit, then your specs aren't amazing for what you're trying to do. Not to mention that XSplits DX injection is pretty shit most of the time and you're better off running in fullscreen windowed capturing the whole desktop.

So, another all korean top 16 in america ?

Wonder if this is gonna blow mlg anaheim numbers, because those two LOVE waving their dicks in each others faces.

Top Bottom