• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
CEO of Blizzard in front of me. Can't think of anything to say besides thanking him for WCS and to nerf fungal.

Ty4on

What I've heard is that fungal wont work on units like HT, Ghost and Infestors. So it's not really a nerf...

They were thinking about making psionic units immune to fungal, but scrapped it. Now they are looking at nerfing infested terran eggs and possibly making fungal a projectile in HoTS.

Deadman

Ground fungal unchanged, air fungal same damage but root is changed to 35% slow.

Fixed game. Haz tell the ceo what to do.

Ground one has to remain because of blink stalkers, which they would never remove (and shouldnt)

I realize that and I said already in the current WOL form, no root fungle would mean zerg would never stand a chance against toss and blink all ins, but we have a whole new expansion to work with here where you can change and introduce more spells and units than just adjusting numbers in a txt file. Rework or re-introduce a new spell, do something with blink stalker where they can retain their blink but without the need to have this boring spell to stop them.

The entire game shouldn't suffer because they need something for one situation in one match up.

Zzoram

I realize that and I said already in the current WOL form, no root fungle would mean zerg would never stand a chance against toss and blink all ins, but we have a whole new expansion to work with here where you can change and introduce more spells and units than just adjusting numbers in a txt file. Rework or re-introduce a new spell, do something with blink stalker where they can retain their blink but without the need to have this boring spell to stop them.

The entire game shouldn't suffer because they need something for one situation in one match up.

Remove root and make it into a 50% movement slow that disables blink. Keeps purpose of stopping blink all-ins but still nerfed.

Won

It fascinates me how Blizzard doesn't even try to fix stuff like Fungal. No one at Blizzard gives a shit about this game and they would rather let it rot than putting work into it. It's pretty sad.

Deadman

Sir scoots leaves live on 3 https://twitter.com/SirScoots/status/274930516556398593

2013 is a year of change and refocus for me. This starts with announcing I have left my co-host role on @LiveOnThree

Boss of dreamhack makes it sound like he could be leaving esports all together

https://twitter.com/robertohlen/status/274934343644884992

@SirScoots @LiveOnThree Ach, ‘twas such pleasure not being the oldest guy in esports :) Good luck in your future endeavours my good man.

fanboi

Banned
Fungal is the new warpin that destroys the game?

Ok.

Just to put it in here, the game is very much balanced... some minior thing might need to be done with Z.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
It fascinates me how Blizzard doesn't even try to fix stuff like Fungal. No one at Blizzard gives a shit about this game and they would rather let it rot than putting work into it. It's pretty sad.

You can't change the meta man, then players would actually have to like...adapt and shit. I know people here hate comparing Blizzard and Riot but at least Riot changes the game up dramatically every year instead of worrying about the meta game and letting toxic units shit the game up.

Zzoram

I just realized how in BW people would say T > Z > P > T

The current state of SC2 seems like T > P > Z > T

so it basically just got flipped the other way. The Protoss that make it far in recent tournaments typically beat Zerg and dodge Terran, the Terran that make it far typically beat Protoss and dodge Zerg.

Vaporak

Uhh, the standard response to 2 base blink all ins is ling/roach and it stomps blink all ins, nerfing fungal wouldn't change up how people play in that situation.

Uhh, the standard response to 2 base blink all ins is ling/roach and it stomps blink all ins, nerfing fungal wouldn't change up how people play in that situation.

Good thing there is more than 1 blink all in build, like the 3 base Seed one.

and you eventually need fungle against blink stalkers whether it's the standard one or not since you (should) gonna be treading inefficiently and fungle is the only way to stop that blink momentum.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Cool that SC2 article is on ESPN.com's front page

KMcyi.png

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech/post/_/id/3164/can-video-gaming-become-a-real-sports

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Battle.net World Championship - $100,000
World Cyber Games 2012 - $25,000

Pretty easy 125k for Parting in like 3 weeks buy beating the likes of Adelscott, CombatEX, Sen, Suppy and random other foreigners.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just found out that Phoenix Dark has me on ignore :(

WHY MAN, WHY

Holden

major patch for hots

Terran

1. Redesign Thor ability/Raven seeker missile

2. Push early game Reaper a bit more

3. Hellbats better against melee units, not necessarily better vs. Ranged.

4. We'd really like to see more Medivac usage like we saw in Wings for a time in the past. Currently thinking on a cooldown based speed booster ability.

5. Buff Bio in the late game - with the addition of new units in HotS, we feel Bio in the late game is a bit weak.

6. Buff mech in general - we'd like to maybe test combining the vehicle and air upgrades at the armory.

Zerg

1. Hydralisk movement speed upgrade to Lair

2. Mutalisk buff to speed and/or acceleration

3. Ultralisk changed to be good vs. all ground

4. Nerf Infestor quite heavily

5. Make it easier to unburrow and reposition Swarm Hosts

Protoss

1. Redesign Voidray - we're currently thinking of having the player choose when to activate the charge up ability.

2. Oracle - pulsar beam would now overlap too much with the new Voidray, so we'd like to change the Oracle to be more of a worker harasser.

3. Buff DTs not necessarily for the DT rush case, but to have DTs more often in the late game.

4. Nerf Vortex - we don't like how all or nothing this ability is in Wings, and with new unit adds, we feel we can remove or phase out this ability.

5. Fix Tempests to not counter all late tech Zerg. We currently don't like how Zerg can't go Tier 3 units if Tempests are in play.

6. Make Voidray + Phoenix + Oracle combo a viable strat overall.

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/5966979955

im liking toss+zerg but terran seems scary as hell so does mutalisk speed --;

profit

Terran

1. Redesign Thor ability/Raven seeker missile
Thors to be shot out of Ravens, or visa versa? Yes please!

2. Push early game Reaper a bit more
I like me some early game agression. Good thing

3. Hellbats better against melee units, not necessarily better vs. Ranged.
Havent played much beta yet, so I have no idea how Hellbats play...

4. We'd really like to see more Medivac usage like we saw in Wings for a time in the past. Currently thinking on a cooldown based speed booster ability.
I dont get this.... arent Medivacs already being used a lot? And they move pretty fast in Wings aswell. Would favor more harrassment though which I guess is good.

5. Buff Bio in the late game - with the addition of new units in HotS, we feel Bio in the late game is a bit weak.
I love me some bio so I love this <3!

6. Buff mech in general - we'd like to maybe test combining the vehicle and air upgrades at the armory.
Hmm, this could be quite interesting, would love to see how it changes some matchups.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm scared... but this is gonna be interesting. Can't wait to see what the muta speed and terran bio buff is all about...

Yoshichan

stahp fighting

Yoshichan

OMG, someone stop this madness

Top Bottom