• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
The bad part about going is you don't get to watch all the matches.

Like at MLG I missed the other non stage BW players play :[

Striek

Just completed the campaign again on Brutal, sure the story is stupid but the game is fun. I forgot how much variety there was in the missions. Basically every one had a unique thing to do (not just a new unit). So different from other RTSes. Game needed a big base elimination mission (or five) though, didn't really have any where the enemy tried to wipe you out before you wiped him out. Which is wierd since thats usually RTS bread and butter.

I used a bunch of units I didn't really use before and never built a marine outside the first couple levels where you have to. The peridition turret was so good. Also the predator was surprisingly useful which is wierd since I'm pretty sure everyone said it was terrible in combat.

Brutal needs to be a LOT harder in HoTS though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I agree that Brutal was abit too easy, but I remember Blizzard saying that less than 0.1% actually completed it on Brutal. So I don't think they'll make it harder.

zlatko

Banned
Played my first game of HOTS tonight. First game of SC2 in months lol. Lost it, because fuck me spider mines are some serious shit....

I had detection around my hatcheries, but whenever I would try to take my army out I'd get a ton of lings/blings wiped out. Really makes getting overseers important as balls. :/

Lot of fun though. New UI, level system, etc is silky smooth stuff.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
and I'm done...

Streaming some customs, trying to practice. Come say hi or whatevs if you like.

Zzoram

So Fungal is so fucking anticlimactic and stupid. They need to replace it with something less boring. At least with Psionic Storm you can try to run out of it and watching the player scramble to try to run out while the other player layers more of them where their units are running is fun to look at.

Every TvZ now is just:

"Fungals on everything"
<everything turns green and stops moving>
"gg"

or

"Oh he misclicked all his Infestors head first into siege tanks, gg!"

or

"Oh he left his Infestors behind so they weren't in the battle and everything else died, gg!"

Pretty much every TvZ I've seen in months has been a Zerg stream rolling over Terran making everything they do look hopeless.

Haunted

scarlett and snute are the only foreigners in winners round 4. snute got there from winning a regional event.
Xigua am cry. There's only Koreans and Non-Koreans. We have assimilated Chinese and Taiwanese players into our ranks. :p

Also, as long as Stephano, Vortix, Naniwa, vibe and ToD are still alive in the brackets, all hope is not lost.

edit: Vibe Stephano and Scarlett are the only non-Koreans who won against Koreans so far. >_> The overall K vs n-K ratio for IPL is not looking good. I blame all the NA scrubs. And Nerchio/slivko disappointing.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
IPL/GSL thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=502015

LbKlr.png

:eek: EHQ....better bitrate finall lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

WCG, he was a milimeter away from eliminating parting and being in ro4.

proxy 2 gate vs 2gas before core; sadly combat went with his first zealot instead of waiting for three.

combat tried to save esports, starcraft is now doomed.

Deadman

Blizz new testing map: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7200033132#1

We just published a new custom version of Antiga Shipyard, called "Antiga Shipyard (1.5.3 Balance)," in which we&#8217;re testing small balance changes to StarCraft II. This map has different balance adjustments than the previous version we published on November 20. With this test, we&#8217;re continuing to consider the meta-game around Zerg. Here&#8217;s the situation:

1. After testing the previous adjustment that made Psionic units immune to Fungal Growth, we found it to be too big of a change. We've reverted that change for now.
2. Globally, Zerg players don&#8217;t have a general advantage, especially at the highest levels of play.
3. We do agree with the community that everyone could possibly benefit from some attention to Infestors.

Here&#8217;s what we&#8217;re testing now:

Raven Seeker Missile no longer requires an upgrade.

As before, this should slightly promote Raven usage without completely altering the Terran late game.

Egg health reduced to 80 (was 100).

In this test, we&#8217;re looking at bringing down the impact of Infested Terrans. When players have a dozen or more Infestors, they aren&#8217;t using 20 Fungals at once. Rather, they&#8217;re relying on Infested Terrans. The question we hope to answer is: Will the Zerg&#8217;s opponents kill some of the eggs before Infested Terrans spawn?

We&#8217;d like to see how this plays out on the test map. These aren&#8217;t final changes, and we&#8217;re looking for feedback that is based on play-testing. After you&#8217;ve thoroughly tested it, please join us in this discussion thread.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
1. After testing the previous adjustment that made Psionic units immune to Fungal Growth, we found it to be too big of a change. We've reverted that change for now.
Funny

Zzoram

because he's one of the best players in NA and scarletts practice partner.

People hate/love him because he trolls iNcontroL hard and has been doing so since the Broodwar days. He's better than iNcontroL at the game though, as his WCG results demonstrate.

Zen

Banned
Why the fuck was CombatX at WCG?

And he took a legitimate game off of PartinG, he has been practicing a lot and it shows. He went down 1-2.

because he's one of the best players in NA and scarletts practice partner.

That too. (95% of everyone wrote him off for good reason based on past behavior, but if you've been paying attention, he's really shaping up both personally and professionally.

Gogo CombatEZ.

Top Bottom