• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

zlatko

Banned
Moral of the story is fuck macs. :/ I uninstalled all of the beta and SC2 off her mac. Now it won't ever go past updating setup files for SC2.

If anyone here plays on mac and has the most up to date working files for SC2 and the beta and wouldn't mind hosting them somewhere for me to download, I'd be greatful. :(

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Moral of the story is fuck macs. :/ I uninstalled all of the beta and SC2 off her mac. Now it won't ever go past updating setup files for SC2.

If anyone here plays on mac and has the most up to date working files for SC2 and the beta and wouldn't mind hosting them somewhere for me to download, I'd be greatful. :(
Install it on her Windows partition

Striek

So starting another playthrough of WoL pre-HoTS.

Putting aside that WoL ignores/retcons BW because it would be too difficult to do (I guess?)...

First town is named backwater station.
First dominion guard has evil scar across face.
Civilians brother disappeared "one week" after going to mine, not just 'well its been one week maybe he hasn't contacted me'.
Mengsk is an obviously evil tryant who all citizens hate because hes enacting obviously evil policies.

Fucking decent writing, how does it work?

Zzoram

So starting another playthrough of WoL pre-HoTS.

Putting aside that WoL ignores/retcons BW because it would be too difficult to do (I guess?)...

First town is named backwater station.
First dominion guard has evil scar across face.
Civilians brother disappeared "one week" after going to mine, not just 'well its been one week maybe he hasn't contacted me'.
Mengsk is an obviously evil tryant who all citizens hate because hes enacting obviously evil policies.

Fucking decent writing, how does it work?

I know, the writing offended me. Blizzard's modern writing is awful.

It's a damn shame too because the SC2 campaign is pretty great gameplay and I like the way they tell the story, even if the story they are telling is bad.

Zen

Banned
So one of the reasons mma didnt join eg is incontrol posted on reddit that he wasnt worth the money he wanted, and this offended him.

Also incontrol has deleted his reddit account, pure coincidence im sure.

Yeah I just read this. Amazing. MMA has as much marketability in NA and EU as any of EGs biggest stars get through streaming and he would be far and away the best player on their team. Remember how much Huk was rumored to be paid in year 1 of EG? And MMA isn't worth 4k a month? That's 50K a year + travel expenses that could easily be offset by sharing on winnings.

Zzoram

Yeah I just read this. Amazing. MMA has as much marketability in NA and EU as any of EGs biggest stars get through streaming and he would be far and away the best player on their team. Remember how much Huk was rumored to be paid in year 1 of EG? And MMA isn't worth 4k a month? That's 50K a year + travel expenses that could easily be offset by sharing on winnings.

MMA may be marketable but his recent results haven't been good.

Then again, iNcontroL probably makes more than what MMA wanted and he's playing even worse. iNcontroL won 2-1 over Flo at MLG. He lost a game to Flo.

Striek

Incontrol markets EG and their sponsors like a boss. He is a great asset to EG. And he casts the masters cup. He definitely deserves a higher salary for that than whatever it is MMA would bring to the table.

Striek

He markets them and their sponsors via his social networks, personal stream, interviews, casting gigs, and yes, the games he plays irrespective of his results. He is one of the best in the business. Any team would love to have him.

He markets them and their sponsors via his social networks, personal stream, interviews, casting gigs, and yes, the games he plays irrespective of his results. He is one of the best in the business. Any team would love to have him.

Agree with this. Incontrol does a great job marketing EG. In fact i think he is the main reason that the EG brand is so identifiable amongst the SC2 community.

I know, the writing offended me. Blizzard's modern writing is awful.

It's a damn shame too because the SC2 campaign is pretty great gameplay and I like the way they tell the story, even if the story they are telling is bad.

I waited 10 years for them to continue to starcraft story, i never imagined they could shit on it so badly.

Zzoram

Maybe next time rain shouldn't give up his guaranteed code S spot

Rain probably got cocky after winning OSL and getting Ro4 GSL on his first try. He wanted to win MLG money then swing back and bash his way back into Code S but things turned out to be harder than he thought.

It puts into perspective how spectacular MC is being the most well traveled Korean player and also having the most foreign tournament wins and still having 2 GSLs and a 2nd place GSL.

MLG didn't even have a big prize pool and is incredibly hard to win from the open bracket. I know why he made the decision but i think it wasn't a very smart one. He also could have still been in code S had he made the decision earlier.

Aaron

MLG didn't even have a big prize pool and is incredibly hard to win from the open bracket. I know why he made the decision but i think it wasn't a very smart one. He also could have still been in code S had he made the decision earlier.
It's easy to be overconfident when it seems like no one can beat you.

giri

Rain probably got cocky after winning OSL and getting Ro4 GSL on his first try. He wanted to win MLG money then swing back and bash his way back into Code S but things turned out to be harder than he thought.

It puts into perspective how spectacular MC is being the most well traveled Korean player and also having the most foreign tournament wins and still having 2 GSLs and a 2nd place GSL.

MC is sort of amazing, with how much practice time he gives up, to have done what he's done is a real achievement. But it's also lead to him being really up and down at times.

Yeah, the MLG money wasn't huge, one has to assume he just got insanely over confident. And with KESPA having just signed an agreement with MLG, maybe there was some external pressure on the best Sc2 KESPA player (at the time) to get over to MLG.

Though, i will point out, Foreign money goes a lot further in Korea.

Zzoram

MC is incredible and still undoubtedly the winningest Protoss in the world IMO as he always has been. I think he's the only Korean Protoss to even have more than one 1st place finish in any big tournament.

Look at this 2012 achievements alone:

1st HSC IV
1st IEM Season VI - World Championship
1st Redbull Battlegrounds Austin
3rd HSC V
3rd NASL S3
2nd GSL S3 2012
2nd Asus ROG Summer
3rd Auction All-Kill OSL 2012

and he's a very strong favorite to take a top 3 placing at IEM Season VII Singapore. MC is also in the Ro8 of NASL S4 and he's participating in Iron Squid 2, IPL5 and GSL World Championship.

Won

Hmm, monchi won his group. I guess I have to hit up some barcraft tomorrow here.

Also of course lolstephano etc.

Haunted

Socke makes it through but Sase, Stephano and Naniwa are out in the first round?

Dreamhack is bizarro world confirmed.

J2d

Socke makes it through but Sase, Stephano and Naniwa are out in the first round?

Dreamhack is bizarro world confirmed.
Naniwa apparently made it through according to liquipedia, how I don't know but it's nice to have to swedes to root for.

Holden

Naniwa apparently made it through according to liquipedia, how I don't know but it's nice to have to swedes to root for.

three way tie but naniwa had won more map wins ( between those 3 players ) so he got the win.

Nightend 3-3
ForGG 2-3
Naniwa 3-2

eg is the only fucking team that i know their sponsors.

other teams need to step their shit up seriously.

Korean players are just content with wearing an assload of patches on their clothing and calling it a day. That being said, it's up to the sponsors to push back on the team to get the players to generate brand awareness.

The EG Monster Fridge placement alone shows that they know how to get it done.

Haven't been watching as much SC2 this dreamhack and mostly stuck with the GD Dota 2 stream, but from the little that I saw, it seems that it's Hero/Teaja's tournament to lose.

Surprised that Stephano is dropping games to these kinda known europeans, even his games against elfi were too close.

Jokab

Dario Wünsch ‏@LiquidTLO

#EuroTerrans https://twitter.com/LiquidTLO/status...618432/photo/1

Carlo Giannacco ‏@ClouDsc2

@LiquidTLO 1. Being horrible at SC2 2. Change race to zerg and spam Infestors 3. ?????? 4. Profit

Its funny when bad players argue over who is the least bad.

9F2rH.jpg

Cloud seems like a really nice fellow. Can't believe he still gets invited to tournaments like Homestory.

FINALLY finished GSL S4; my brother is slow as hell and I had to wait for him. And wow, S5 has already started? Jesus, having so many so close together cheapens the process imo. What's the point of being "the champion" if it only lasts for a month

S4 definitely had the best GSL finals imo

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
FINALLY finished GSL S4; my brother is slow as hell and I had to wait for him. And wow, S5 has already started? Jesus, having so many so close together cheapens the process imo. What's the point of being "the champion" if it only lasts for a month

S4 definitely had the best GSL finals imo
5 is rushed due to it being at ipl 5. Its basically almost already done, ends like december 2nd.

Daante

Naniwa put on some insane skills yesterday against Feast. Highly recommend watching that. One of the most entertaining PvP iv ever seen.

Also Bitter and Rotterdam was way better casting duo than Apollo and Incontrol (witch i found strange since i usually thinks apollo is the best of the best).

Won

Naniwa put on some insane skills yesterday against Feast. Highly recommend watching that. One of the most entertaining PvP iv ever seen.

Also Bitter and Rotterdam was way better casting duo than Apollo and Incontrol (witch i found strange since i usually thinks apollo is the best of the best).

It's just stupid Incontrol dragging Apollo down.

/Incontrolhate

Top Bottom