• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/5966979955

Was just reading through forums this morning and realized we didn't communicate our general direction for the major balance patch before the holidays.

Terran

1. Redesign Thor ability/Raven seeker missile

2. Push early game Reaper a bit more

3. Hellbats better against melee units, not necessarily better vs. Ranged.

4. We'd really like to see more Medivac usage like we saw in Wings for a time in the past. Currently thinking on a cooldown based speed booster ability.

5. Buff Bio in the late game - with the addition of new units in HotS, we feel Bio in the late game is a bit weak.

6. Buff mech in general - we'd like to maybe test combining the vehicle and air upgrades at the armory.

Zerg

1. Hydralisk movement speed upgrade to Lair

2. Mutalisk buff to speed and/or acceleration

3. Ultralisk changed to be good vs. all ground

4. Nerf Infestor quite heavily

5. Make it easier to unburrow and reposition Swarm Hosts

Protoss

1. Redesign Voidray - we're currently thinking of having the player choose when to activate the charge up ability.

2. Oracle - pulsar beam would now overlap too much with the new Voidray, so we'd like to change the Oracle to be more of a worker harasser.

3. Buff DTs not necessarily for the DT rush case, but to have DTs more often in the late game.

4. Nerf Vortex - we don't like how all or nothing this ability is in Wings, and with new unit adds, we feel we can remove or phase out this ability.

5. Fix Tempests to not counter all late tech Zerg. We currently don't like how Zerg can't go Tier 3 units if Tempests are in play.

6. Make Voidray + Phoenix + Oracle combo a viable strat overall.

These are our current thoughts for each of the races. And please remember none of these changes are final. Our hope is to move into the more fine tuning stages if this major patch turns out well.

zargle

welp...
9d4e69b3-fced-4e24-b75c-a0d78d942189.png

Vaporak

The general design laid out in those changes sounds good, except the change to bio. If the infestor gets nerfed there's no need to buff marine/marauder at all.

I'll be giving beta keys to the first 7 people who send me a PM. Note: if you already have a key, please don't PM me; I want as many of sc2 GAF as possible to get in

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Where have you been, mister?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm sure your rage would fit right in with us :)
Meh. I've stopped raging a long time ago. Only thing that makes me rage today is seeing my friends list get emptier and emptier each day because of the fucking shitty MOBA-games.

I still play pretty much every night, either on WoL or HotS. When I go in the Neogaf channel, see one of three things.
-Nobody
-A guy looking to play arcade games.
-3 afk people

Rarely, do I see anyone wanting teamgames or even rarer 1v1's.

Hopefully you guys come back when HotS hits. :)

I still play pretty much every night, either on WoL or HotS. When I go in the Neogaf channel, see one of three things.
-Nobody
-3 afk people

HOTS will revive the game for us, I'm sure. I definitely miss GAF Nights; they were definitely some of the most fun I've had in online gaming (and far less stressful than WoW raid nights)

Zzoram

I only play Dota 2 now but I only watch SC2.

Flash vs DRG game 4 was hilarious. There were probably more tanks than roaches all game.

Vaporak

-Nobody
-3 afk people

I play the HotS beta every now and then, but its the end of the quarter and I'm kinda busy. >.>

Zzoram

why don't you play SC2 anymore, and will you play HOTS?

I'll play HotS, at least at first.

SC2 is just a lonely game, and Blizzard has done shit to improve the 2v2/3v3/4v4 maps and balance despite them being the modes where you can actually play with friends.

In Dota 2 I can play with friends and Teamliquid covers it too.

That said, watching MOBAs is a clusterfuck and SC2 is far easier to watch and understand.

Zzoram

Ya pretty excited for Proleague.

I wonder why they chose to recruit ByuL to EG and who the 2nd new recruit will be. ByuL is kinda a no-name and not EG's style. They always pick up established champions other than Suppy who is an over-performing American with a fanbase from his BW days of trolling iNcontroL.

Stephano finally going to korea to test his metal.

Prolueage presentation is still ass imo, but I guess this is kespa/ogn (giant) leap into the non korean audience.

-Nobody
-3 afk people

I mostly stick to obs games instead of ladder now because it isn't so anonymous and it feels more like a community than BW. I don't usually join the GAF channel because it is usually empty and frankly and even when it was active no one was interested in playing 1v1s.

Deadman

EGTLTLAFJYPRC

I imagine huk is happy he found a way to play with liquid but be paid by eg.

Played some hots games, swarm hosts are fun. Also played against a guy who went sensor tower first and pf on his main.

Yoshichan

Maybe if SC2 was fun to play, people wouldn't be leaving so drastically.

Such a shame.
Such a shame that you guys are horrible at this game.

That's the shame part.

Whatever. Not even mod. Continue playing LoL and I'll continue with WoW.

Holden

dota is just superior.

the new hots patch looks sorta cool and might make the game cool again. maybe, but he its blizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

calder

Wings of Liberty Balance Update -- December 4, 2012

While we agree that Infestors are being used too abundantly in many games, we are aiming to address this concern carefully to ensure that we don’t completely discourage the use of Infestors.
Generally speaking, we want to slightly reduce Fungal Growth in all three matchups, and we feel reducing the casting range would help us achieve this goal. Additionally, we anticipate that the reduction in health for Infested Terran eggs will be most noticeable in the PvZ matchup when Psi Storm is used, and feel that the Raven change helps Terran players in late game TvZ scenarios and has the potential to introduce new Terran late game strategies.
On December 4, after a brief maintenance period in each region, the following balance changes will take effect globally:

Terran

- Raven seeker missile upgrade removed.

Zerg

- Infested Terran eggs health down from 100 to 70
- Fungal Growth range down from 9 to 8

Again, to be clear, these changes will take effect after a short maintenance in each region is complete, and neither a patch nor any other special action will be required to experience them in-game.
Our plan is to apply this balance update and monitor the effects of these changes. The extensive testing and quality of feedback we’ve received on the last two balance maps have allowed us to make this call, however, please keep in mind that our goal with this patch is not to make sudden changes which could have a major impact on play, but to nudge balance in the right direction. With Heart of the Swarm launching in March, we will have more time to address balance concerns further if necessary.
Thank you for helping us playtest and sharing your feedback on the last two balance maps.

Presumably missing from text:
- Bunker build time increased by 10 seconds

Top Bottom