• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

SamuraiX-

Terran

- Raven seeker missile upgrade removed.

Just to confirm: does this mean that seeker missile will be automatically present in the arsenal of a newly trained Raven or are they removing the ability altogether?

Please don't let it be the latter. :-/

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Just to confirm: does this mean that seeker missile will be automatically present in the arsenal of a newly trained Raven or are they removing the ability altogether?

Please don't let it be the latter. :-/
Automatically have the ability learned. Still requires more energy than what you start with.

SamuraiX-

Automatically have the ability learned. Still requires more energy than what you start with.

True, but you save 150 minerals and 150 gas from not having to upgrade it which can now be invested in Corvid Reactor for quicker seeker missiles from new Ravens.

I like it. :)

What's the Raven's starting energy anyway? 50-75?

Wait, the patch is live?

Pretty sure after the hour maintenance.

Taken from TL
"For some info:

- Siege Tanks kill Infested Eggs with 3 shots instead 4. With vechicle weapon upgrades they always can beat eggs with 2 shots.
- IT eggs can be killed by storms now for ~3.5 seconds
- IT eggs can be killed by colossus by 2 shots instead 3
- Planetary Fortress kills IT eggs for 2 shots too instead 3"

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That's a pretty big breakpoint. At least for ZvP.

Mr Swine

Banned
God I hate Zerg, HATE ZEEEEEEEERG!!!

Been playing Hots beta and of course a Zerg player resorts to speedlings, winfestors and corruptions which is an unstoppable force. Couldn't move out with my Bio army, got slaughtered directly thanks to winfestors fungal. Went Mech + Hellbat and he did the same and I lost my whole army. Tried to nuke his base, did that work? Nope he had 2 overseers and killed my 5 ghosts when it was a second left till nukes hit. I had like 15 Vikings + Raven and killed all his corruptors and brood lords. 2 minutes later he comes with the same unit composition and throws infested Terrans at my siege tanks. After an hour I lost. He had all the bases and he expanded slowly.

I really hope that the infestor nerf is big. No more stopping mech or air units please

J2d

I'd hate to main as terran since I probably would fuck up my ghost usage like you seem to, thankfully that's not needed in 4v4 platinum even as a random =)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
God I hate Zerg, HATE ZEEEEEEEERG!!!

Been playing Hots beta and of course a Zerg player resorts to speedlings, winfestors and corruptions which is an unstoppable force. Couldn't move out with my Bio army, got slaughtered directly thanks to winfestors fungal. Went Mech + Hellbat and he did the same and I lost my whole army. Tried to nuke his base, did that work? Nope he had 2 overseers and killed my 5 ghosts when it was a second left till nukes hit. I had like 15 Vikings + Raven and killed all his corruptors and brood lords. 2 minutes later he comes with the same unit composition and throws infested Terrans at my siege tanks. After an hour I lost. He had all the bases and he expanded slowly.

I really hope that the infestor nerf is big. No more stopping mech or air units please

Hehe, Winfestor.

Mairu

really sucks for the players who were still on the team to find out like that

My excitement for proleague is dwindling with the knowledge of the map pool having Taldarim (though I will want to watch the games on the new maps, woo!), the first match w/egtl missing both hero & taeja, and the casters being doa+a lol caster. Oh well, I probably wont have time to watch too much anyways.

Zzoram

really sucks for the players who were still on the team to find out like that

My excitement for proleague is dwindling with the knowledge of the map pool having Taldarim (though I will want to watch the games on the new maps, woo!), the first match w/egtl missing both hero & taeja, and the casters being doa+a lol caster. Oh well, I probably wont have time to watch too much anyways.

Old maps might be good now that the game is so different.

Corran Horn

what did he do?

Facts:
Recently, IWillDominate was brought before the Tribunal for consideration of a permanent ban. The majority of players voted to punish and today the Riot player behavior team has approved the ban after review of the case.

IWillDominate has been in Tribunal nine times and punished eight times, including the most recent permanent ban. He has a persistent record of in-game harassment, verbal abuse, offensive language and negative attitude.

Despite the punishments and official warnings, his harassment score has risen more than 30% from early August to the present date, placing him at the top of the list of North American pro players and among the worst 0.7% of all North American players.

There also have been repeated incidents of similar behavior outside the game.

Sounds like being an overall douche. Pancakes or other LoL people could probably explain more.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Sounds like being an overall douche. Pancakes or other LoL people could probably explain more.

This is basically like Blizzard banning Idra from ALL tournaments in 2013 for being a dick on ladder. Completely justified, the guy was a tool and had multiple warnings.

Corran Horn

This is basically like Blizzard banning Idra from ALL tournaments in 2013 for being a dick on ladder. Completely justified, the guy was a tool and had multiple warnings.

SC2 and LoL tournaments are different though right? LoL most of the tournaments counts as points for their season finals at end of year. So Riot has tons of control throughout the season to do things like this. Or am I seeing it wrong from the outside.

Pancakes

SC2 and LoL tournaments are different though right? LoL most of the tournaments counts as points for their season finals at end of year. So Riot has tons of control throughout the season to do things like this. Or am I seeing it wrong from the outside.

Riot has 100% control of all LoL tournaments. And yea most big tournies like MLG and IPL give circuit points for the season finals.

Corran Horn

Going through the old SC2 OTs is fun.

Back when SotG / Incontrol leaving drama.
DCW8E.png

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Pretty sure after the hour maintenance.

Taken from TL
"For some info:

- Siege Tanks kill Infested Eggs with 3 shots instead 4. With vechicle weapon upgrades they always can beat eggs with 2 shots.
- IT eggs can be killed by storms now for ~3.5 seconds
- IT eggs can be killed by colossus by 2 shots instead 3
- Planetary Fortress kills IT eggs for 2 shots too instead 3"
That seems like a good start.

Still doesn't address that Fungal removes all player skill and is insta smart cast. 8 range with radius, oh noooooooo

Pancakes

EG is a lot more professional than Tyler has ever been. Tyler should be next on the retirement line for Teamliquid.

Back when he was doing SoTG regularly I would argue against this but now. What does Tyler even do now besides talk shit on TL?

Zzoram

Back when he was doing SoTG regularly I would argue against this but now. What does Tyler even do now besides talk shit on TL?

Tyler adds nothing of value now that he isn't on SotG. He should be dropped from the team. He is easily the worst player left on the team.

SC2 teams keep going broke because they aren't being run like businesses. Every single SC2 team has several players on staff who contribute nothing of value, or at least not much value, but drain valuable limited resources.

Look at the roster of Quantic when it went down. They must've had the largest roster of any SC2 team and none of them had done anything of note in a year other than TheSTC. The refusal to cut the dead weight on teams is why so many teams are never going to be successful.

If someone is on the payroll for an SC2 team, they better be a notable player who can perform, a notable personality who gets a lot of visibility, or a manager who at the very least handles sponsor/player relations and sets up flights and accommodations.

Holden

AKTGJERHPOJHRJPDOJGDOJPOHPDJBNPOJFDNPOJZEGZRG£PKERGH£PEKHK£P

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

nilbog21

Banned
Welp, I just finished the GSL World Championship. What does Neogaf think about this? Can we organize a collective bow to the God that is Stephano?

Zzoram

Welp, I just finished the GSL World Championship. What does Neogaf think about this? Can we organize a collective bow to the God that is Stephano?

Stephano confirmed his status as best foreigner. Scarlett showed promise. Other foreigners confirmed their status as trash beneath Korean feet.

I'm pretty disappointed that Naniwa's kit was stolen. I think he could've done better than Vortix given his extensive GSL experience and likely knowing the styles of the Koreans better.

Tyler adds nothing of value now that he isn't on SotG. He should be dropped from the team. He is easily the worst player left on the team.

SC2 teams keep going broke because they aren't being run like businesses. Every single SC2 team has several players on staff who contribute nothing of value, or at least not much value, but drain valuable limited resources.

Look at the roster of Quantic when it went down. They must've had the largest roster of any SC2 team and none of them had done anything of note in a year other than TheSTC. The refusal to cut the dead weight on teams is why so many teams are never going to be successful.

If someone is on the payroll for an SC2 team, they better be a notable player who can perform, a notable personality who gets a lot of visibility, or a manager who at the very least handles sponsor/player relations and sets up flights and accommodations.

This has to happen, especially with the game losing popularity to mobas. Not every player is going to win stuff, but each player on a team should have some benefit. Ret may not win much of anything but he's a popular community guy and attracts viewers, for instance.

I wonder how Complexity is doing. Their team doesn't seem to win anything (at least in SC2, dunno about dota), but on the plus side Jason Lake knows how to run a business.

Mairu

can I get a link to the finances of all the sc2 teams since you seem to be so knowledgeable on what they are and aren't spending money on

Top Bottom