• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Deadly

Tyler adds nothing of value now that he isn't on SotG. He should be dropped from the team. He is easily the worst player left on the team.

SC2 teams keep going broke because they aren't being run like businesses. Every single SC2 team has several players on staff who contribute nothing of value, or at least not much value, but drain valuable limited resources.

Look at the roster of Quantic when it went down. They must've had the largest roster of any SC2 team and none of them had done anything of note in a year other than TheSTC. The refusal to cut the dead weight on teams is why so many teams are never going to be successful.

If someone is on the payroll for an SC2 team, they better be a notable player who can perform, a notable personality who gets a lot of visibility, or a manager who at the very least handles sponsor/player relations and sets up flights and accommodations.
You're saying that as if every player on their roster was earning a salary.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I don't even know what to say... This is down-right crazy. My extremely hyperbole, quick "opinions" about the terran changes below. I'll probably make a more detailed post later on, with all the races.
MedivacNew ability:
Emergency ThrustersSpeed boost that increases movement speed and acceleration to 4.25 for 8 seconds. 20 second cooldown.
More buttons to press! Huge buff because now it'll take even less time for terran to drop when they're close air. We're talking god damn near instant at this point.
The Medivac’s Caduceus Reactor upgrade at the Starport Tech Lab:

Health restored per second from 9 to 15.

Energy cost reduced from 3 health per 1 energy to 5 health per 1 energy.

Cost increased from 100/100 and 80 seconds to 150/150 and 110 seconds.
This is now the craziest upgrade in the game. Absolutely ridiculous.
Reaper
Base speed increased from 2.95 to 3.375
I don't get this change. With reapers having health regeneration, and being able to see on cliffs, I thought they were already really good in TvT/Z. And to be fair, reapers issue was never the speed... now it's just insanely fast, even though no one ever complained about their speed.
Widow Mine
New upgrade: Drilling ClawsDecreases burrow time from 3 to 1 second.
The Widow Mine was too powerful... so we made it even more ridiculous with this upgrade???

Thor
250mm Strike Cannons has been removed.
About fucking time.
When in High-Impact Payload mode, the Thor switches to a different anti-air gun (250mm Punisher Cannons) that has 10 range and deals 24 flat damage.
Gonna be interesting to see this in action.
Raven
Seeker Missile has been redesigned:
Can now fire from 10 range.
I am completely mind blown. What's the range of it now, 8?
Armory
The Armory now only has one weapon and one armor upgrade for both air and ground upgrades for both Factory and Starport units.
This is an insane buff to mech (along with everything else they added, obviously)! Me, along with so many other terran players have been asking for this since early-SC2 and it finally happened :lol

edit: Also, I'm going through the protoss note and I see this joke:
Dark Shrine cost is now 100/100, down from 100/250.
Really Blizzard? You say you're gonna buff DTs and you buff them this way? If anything, this will only increase the amount of DT cheese, and I thought that wasn't their plan with this buff?

Keikaku

Armory change is nuts.
Medivac change is nuts.
Reaper change is nuts.
Non-dodgeable after 3 seconds Raven missile is nuts.

Hello baby :D

Zzoram

Yessssss, HotS latest patch looks so good!

Buffs are mostly to units requiring micro or now additional micro, nerfs to Fungal/Vortex that took away micro.

J2d

Really Blizzard? You say you're gonna buff DTs and you buff them this way? If anything, this will only increase the amount of DT cheese, and I thought that wasn't their plan with this buff?
Agreed, here I was thinking we would get blink dt's or something! >:/
But seriously, drop the dt shrine and let me warp them in from templar archives already.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Agreed, here I was thinking we would get blink dt's or something! >:/
But seriously, drop the dt shrine and let me warp them in from templar archives already.
You'd be able to get DTs out 100 seconds earlier :lol That would be crazy.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Best part of my new job is taking home about 50 feet of cat5 cable and making a new Ethernet cable to wrap around my room and become hidden. *for free

Yoshichan

qv1o8.png

Vaporak

Medivac healing change is absolutely insane. I'm not sure it'll even be possible to defend a standard medivac push anymore in PvT... With 15 hp/sec healing going on bio units can basically ignore just about any protoss unit attacking them.

Yoshichan

Definitely super crazy, but it's an upgrade, so terran would have to go tech lab on the starport. No double-pumping unless they switch it up (and then it'll take an insane amount of time. 110 for the upgrade + 50 sec for the reactor).

Yoshichan

my facebook is blowing up

i guess i'll contribute to it as well

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
God damn...what an unreal week this has been. This weekend will be nonstop SC2 action with so many tournaments!

J2d

Time for liquid to hire flash.

Just got spammed from someone telling me how much I sucked, check the results, dude killed 18 units in a 29 minute long game lol.

Imbalance is fun to watch when every race is brokenly strong. Glad to see Terran is getting a little pick me up from Blizz.

Absolutely agree, the best games to play and watch are the ones that are pretty broken, yet somehow balanced (which is the hardest thing to do)

Blizz philosophy in WoL of nerfing everything to dirt because they're too scared made the game and many of its match ups extremely boring as it went along, as well as poorly designed units and abilities.

Prediction: Jaedong won't anything in 2013

he's not even worth the money. I suppose EG may benefit from the views he'll attract but are Koreans going to buy EG swag? lol

So they removed custom chat channels from the game and replaced them with groups. each group has their own chatroom.

I went ahead and made the NeoGAF Group for you guys. It's public you can search and join yourself.

Edit: Nevermind I take it back, chat channels are just well hidden.

Edit2: supposedly this is the link to the group "starcraft://group/98/8913". Not sure how you would exactly get that to work in the game.

Mairu

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
MLG is probably somewhere being like "FUUUUUCK YOU EG!" for getting a star KeSPA player away from the MLG/KeSPA exclusive contract.

Zzoram

MLG is probably somewhere being like "FUUUUUCK YOU EG!" for getting a star KeSPA player away from the MLG/KeSPA exclusive contract.

This, this.

Rain, Flash and Jaedong are probably the 3 biggest KeSPA stars right now. Poor Bisu is wallowing in irrelevance.

Yoshichan

Dragon trying out all these changes and getting dropped from the server all the time is hilarious :lol

Mairu

proleague day 1 egtl v kt matchups:

KT Rolster vs EG-Liquid
Set 1: Flash < Caldeum > Zenio
Set 2: Wooki < Cloud Kingdom > JYP
Set 3: Action < Antiga Shipyard > ThorZaIN
Set 4: Stats < Ohana > Jaedong
Set 5: Crazy-Hydra < Bifrost > HuK
Set 6: Mind < Arkanoid > PuMa
Ace Match: < Planet S >

O_O

Top Bottom