• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Holden

Am I the only person who doesn't like playing in complete silence? I don't mean music either, but if I'm on Mumble and playing, I prefer to talk to people while I play.

Every time I've played legit games with gaffers or friends, no one talks unless they want to bitch about how we're losing or how the other team sucks.

I'm the complete oposite, playing alone w/ music, feels good

Jezbollah

Hi all - my first post here. Bought SC2 a while ago - actually bought it to get an appreciation of how good the pro players were. I have been watching the GSL for almost a year - and funnily enough until recently enjoyed watching SC2 in esports rather than playing.

What has changed it is that I've watched some youtube clips and got a nice three 'raks opener that I've been using against AI (I know.. noob eh?) but it's given me confidence to perhaps venture out further and maybe hit the ladder.

Anyway, tldr - lurker chiming in to post appreciation of this and previous SC2 threads :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
(I know.. noob eh?)
Nope! As long as you're actually playing the game, you'll learn stuff.
Welcome to the bestest community on the Internet! My name is Yoshi, pleased to meet you sir ♥ :3

Haha, better yet, I beat Diablo with 5 stacks of NV (it was a real pain in the ass, this was before 1.0.3 loot-buff) and he dropped two yellows and both of them sucked ass. Like, real ass.

Oh well, whatever. Fuck that game :lol Are you completely done with the game?

I'll hop back in here or there, often to play with friends. I'm waiting for a patch to fix the shitty drops

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'll hop back in here or there, often to play with friends. I'm waiting for a patch to fix the shitty drops
All right cool man, did you play 1.0.3 yet? Apparently that solved some of the drops (ilvl63 has a 2% chance of dropping in act 1 now) etc.

Yoshichan

GM next Holden! :3

Yoshichan

Hi all - my first post here. Bought SC2 a while ago - actually bought it to get an appreciation of how good the pro players were. I have been watching the GSL for almost a year - and funnily enough until recently enjoyed watching SC2 in esports rather than playing.

What has changed it is that I've watched some youtube clips and got a nice three 'raks opener that I've been using against AI (I know.. noob eh?) but it's given me confidence to perhaps venture out further and maybe hit the ladder.

Anyway, tldr - lurker chiming in to post appreciation of this and previous SC2 threads :)

Good luck brohan! Everyone has to start somewhere right? :) feel free to join up the neogaf chat channel and ask questions. I usually idle there is I'm not grinding out games.

jesus, IPL is like the king of boring content. I really didn't expect this when they arrived on the scene - I thought they'd topple MLG. So far their events have all had problems, despite producing great games of course. And these online tournaments are just boring

Holden

Were you auto-quitting PvP?

What, im not devil, i actually try and get better

Had the funniest game to today:

Start game vs random, and i fucking hate random so i just cheese him and i went 2 gate, it' on entombed turns out he was protoss and he was 2gating me too! hahag

Won though!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
jesus, IPL is like the king of boring content. I really didn't expect this when they arrived on the scene - I thought they'd topple MLG. So far their events have all had problems, despite producing great games of course. And these online tournaments are just boring

I'm starting to feel this way about online events in LoL too, there just isn't the same tension as LANs. There is something about seeing live player reactions and nervelessness that adds so much more excitement to the game.

Almost all online tournaments are boring, for me anyways.

Holden

Online is for the up and comming players, if not its boring.

Lan (fake lan) is for the real men.

That's why i like watching TL open, you can see the up and comming easily.

Yoshichan

but zvz and tvt is absolutely abysmal :(

Yoshichan

at least pvp isn't fragile

owait :(

but zvz and tvt is absolutely abysmal :(

My 2 cents

TvT is probably the best mirror ive seen you can get away with greedy shit and not have to play into your opponents crap. 1 base allins are horrible which promotes macro based play.

ZvZ is somewhat ok to go into macro because of total overlord map vision (lol maphacks? jk) and with the queen range buff it makes it that much easier to kill the retarded baneling shit.

PvP is a gentlemans agreement that you either play greedy as FUCK or you take a 4 gate . What is sad about this MU is the fact that even if you scout a 4 gate there is still a small percentage it will work. The "Safe" counter to 4 gate is a 3 stalker rush. but if your opponent decides to play greedy then you're behind. I obviously have a bias here.

Spl1nter

But dude....Tribes tournament will happen too!

Just BF3ing it up? Should I boot that up?

Mostly BF3, you are always welcomed to join us. Dont know why you stopped, always thought we had a ton of fun and hilarity. Been playing some football manager 2012 on the side. Pretty crazy that its the 3rd most played game on steam.

Played a bit of tribes. Didnt really feel it. Maybe because Im not used to its mechanics but at the same time not really seeing the appeal of skiing/jetpack mechanics.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Mostly BF3, you are always welcomed to join us. Dont know why you stopped, always thought we had a ton of fun and hilarity. Been playing some football manager 2012 on the side. Pretty crazy that its the 3rd most played game on steam.

Played a bit of tribes. Didnt really feel it. Maybe because Im not used to its mechanics but at the same time not really seeing the appeal of skiing/jetpack mechanics.

I stopped after you and scogoth came back to sc2. Then D3 came. Was kinda waiting for DLC or something to bring me back.

Spl1nter

I stopped after you and scogoth came back to sc2. Then D3 came. Was kinda waiting for DLC or something to bring me back.

Oh ya true. Well playing sc2 again didnt last for long and d3 was fun for a couple of weeks. Im guessing you didnt buy premium even with the $30 deals?

Looking at the NASL schedule, the grand finals is even later than it was last year, guess I'm missing that again.

I thought being on the east coast this time would be better.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Geoff Robinson ‏@EGiNcontroL
Streamed for 7 hours with an average of 2200 concurrent viewers and I ran 35 commercials. = 38$ HIGH ROLLING wtffffff thought CBSi was a +?

Jeebus

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
bf2 ps2 was actually pretty good you guys; maps and loadouts were rebalanced so it made for a pretty tight game.

just a shame not many people had mics.

Top Bottom