• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Striek

Well...

Slayers
StarTale
MVP
Prime
FXO
Fnatic (Basically Korean, wouldn't be surprised if it goes the way of FXO in the future)
HoSeo (To a degree...)
TSL (Really improved roster and overcame hardships in the last year)
7285.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Cataclysm was quite boring, and MoP won't be much different. I liked the Pandaran area while playing the beta, but once you finish it you're back to the same old game. Same boring quests, same repetitive dailies, and the same general sense that your actions have little impact on the world. No wonder subs are cratering, the heart of the game is gone.

Thank god for Guild Wars 2 next month
Yeah honestly when I say "WoW is amazing", I'm mostly saying that because of my friends in WoW. It's not necessarily the content that pleased me (although I fucking loved 4.1. Kinda hard heroics, raiding was intense etc. 4.3 sucked major ass though).

Is Guild Wars 2 region locked? Are you going to play it? Have you played it?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
omfg, awesome!!

demented

Also if you play on X server you can play with your friends on Y server without paying to move or rolling character on same server, only can't represent Y server in WvWvW in that case.
It's all pretty amazing, I played it last year(after much hype) and was definitely sold, it is everything I wanted from MMO and no more things that made me quit WoW so many times(and permanently last time).
And having friends to play together and do stuff is always bonus, wow time with that was also fun I guess ^^

Yoshichan

Wow, I just made a protoss friend... teh fuck? The weirdest part about this is that he's pretty smart and has a sense of humor...

(._.)

Banned
I currently hate Terran. I'm doing a 1gate expand and I lose to some weird heavy pressure builds that hit between 6-8 minutes. Seems like every Terran I play 3rax'd or 1/1/1'd their way to it plat/diamond. What are some other good builds if I don't scout an early CC or if I see gas, 2/3 raxs, etc?

Not to mention I get BM'd if I hold the push and end up winning because all they know how to do is make MMM.

(._.)

Banned
Just build a fucking robo with your gate you greedy fuck

I do build robo and I swear that I'm no more greedy than the one gate build on TL. Robo goes down usually between 32-40. What I noticed is though if I build two extra gates then the robo (as apposed to other way around) I can hold the pressure but the build says always make robo first so idk what I could be doing better to actually pull the build off properly. It's what I need to work on atm.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I do build robo and I swear that I'm no more greedy than the one gate build on TL. Robo goes down usually between 32-40. What I noticed is though if I build two extra gates then the robo (as apposed to other way around) I can hold the pressure but the build says always make robo first so idk what I could be doing better to actually pull the build off properly. It's what I need to work on atm.
Post replay

I currently hate Terran. I'm doing a 1gate expand and I lose to some weird heavy pressure builds that hit between 6-8 minutes. Seems like every Terran I play 3rax'd or 1/1/1'd their way to it plat/diamond. What are some other good builds if I don't scout an early CC or if I see gas, 2/3 raxs, etc?

Not to mention I get BM'd if I hold the push and end up winning because all they know how to do is make MMM.

Have you considered using a mixtape of Gateways alongside Warpgates? Your supply will be higher because you won't have to rely on warping in units all the time.

(._.)

Banned
Post replay

http://drop.sc/221483

I rewatched this for the 2nd time and I think I know what I could have done better here. However I lose often to stuff similar to this. One base pushes. Where am I being too greedy or not macroing properly?

Have you considered using a mixtape of Gateways alongside Warpgates? Your supply will be higher because you won't have to rely on warping in units all the time.

Is that common? I'll need to read up about it. I'm still trying to find a build I like in PvT.

Yoshichan

You guys are all mean
EpOaL.gif

Yoshichan

I'm going to go talk to my PROTOSS FRIEND now.

Yoshichan

I want that confirmed... do you love me Corran :(?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Don't let panda lure you into his lies.

Vaporak

http://drop.sc/221483

I rewatched this for the 2nd time and I think I know what I could have done better here. However I lose often to stuff similar to this. One base pushes. Where am I being too greedy or not macroing properly?

Is that common? I'll need to read up about it. I'm still trying to find a build I like in PvT.

Don't grab your second gas that fast, you had surplus gas and nothing to spend it on early on. Then the biggest mistake you made is that you were going for fast tech but decided to go down your ramp and engage him. Don't do that. When you did that you forcefielded his marines away from your zealots, which weren't in front of your sentries anyways. Lastly, you were floating more minerals and gas than he was, ~400/400 around the time of the fight. Also, what is the build you referenced? The standard safe 1 gate FE is MC's and it gets gateways before Robo. KCDC's 1 gate expo also gets gateway before robo.

Yoshichan

This protoss player is actually pretty cute... oh God, what is happening to me.

Yoshichan

No answer from Corran means he probably doesn't love me...

:(

(._.)

Banned
Don't grab your second gas that fast, you had surplus gas and nothing to spend it on early on. Then the biggest mistake you made is that you were going for fast tech but decided to go down your ramp and engage him. Don't do that. When you did that you forcefielded his marines away from your zealots, which weren't in front of your sentries anyways. Lastly, you were floating more minerals and gas than he was, ~400/400 around the time of the fight. Also, what is the build you referenced? The standard safe 1 gate FE is MC's and it gets gateways before Robo. KCDC's 1 gate expo also gets gateway before robo.
Thanks

I actually don't remember which 1gate I read. I went back though and decided to test out the 2gate 1robo build and I think I'm going to stick with that.

played 3 games losing all practicing it for the first time. I think My weakest point in that match up is positioning, micro and multitasking against drops. Felt like I coulda won two games b/c I had poor micro and unit usage.

Yoshichan

Yoshichan

I see how it is :(

Okay... good night ._.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
"Good forcefields, only missed two". I'm gonna throw up.
The Chinese number font also is the worst thing in eSports.

"Good forcefields, only missed two". I'm gonna throw up.
The Chinese number font also is the worst thing in eSports.

What ?!?

If anything, it's the only good thing about their client. With the standard client, Good luck figuring out a 5, 6 or 8 on any tournament stream unless its a godlike Dreamhack quality one.

Being better =/ Not being able to Dislike

Nope, If you are not better than someone at what they do, then you are not allowed to even comment on anything they do. That's the first rule of arguments over the internet.

Holden

What ?!?

If anything, it's the only good thing about their client. With the standard client, Good luck figuring out a 5, 6 or 8 on any tournament stream unless its a godlike Dreamhack quality one.

Nope, If you are not better than someone at what they do, then you are not allowed to even comment on anything they do. That's the first rule of arguments over the internet.

Everybody is better then idra? DAMN.

Top Bottom