• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
are we talking about battlefield, 'cuz that's a shitty ass game

Holden

Lol, babyknight would be second in points, I think I saw him fail in the round of 8 4 or 5 times.

He made it to the final once, Semi once, ro8 once. Better then anybody else other then select (who only has 1 more point);

And he only participated in 4 qualifier

Just saying.

Is major really not sponsered? He's pretty good :/

zargle

He made it to the final once, Semi once, ro8 once. Better then anybody else other then select (who only has 1 more point);

And he only participated in 4 qualifier

Just saying.

Shhhhh...don't combat my perception of reality with your silly facts, it's rude.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
No offense, but you play WoW.
I take offense. WoW is an amazing game with lots of communication, dedication and friendship. Battlefield is all about k/d.

K-19

Banned
GSL means nothing. There some korean players who play on it and they aren't able to break through other internationals championships.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I take offense. WoW is an amazing game with lots of communication, dedication and friendship. Battlefield is all about k/d.

Bwhahahahahahaha.

I've seen friendships in WoW ruined over a piece of purple gear and other various forms of drama. Shit gets old fast.

GSL means nothing. There some korean players who play on it and they aren't able to break through other internationals championships.

1/10.

Snowman

GSL is a weird tournament though tbf because of the long preparation times for specific matches. Something like an MLG championship/arena involves completely different skillsets than Code S because of it, so I guess I can sort of see where he's coming from.

WoW was amazing at one point. Now it's a wasteland of boring gameplay and most of my friends have stopped playing.

My favorite memories all involve playing with friends, often until 4-5AM - whether we were owning shit or had drama, I loved it all.

Yoshichan

WoW is amazing.

Period.

Sliver

GSL is a weird tournament though tbf because of the long preparation times for specific matches. Something like an MLG championship/arena involves completely different skillsets than Code S because of it, so I guess I can sort of see where he's coming from.

Eh, I'm not buying that. While it requires endurance maybe, the only difference is the ability to see your opponent days ahead and be able to plan. Top players will do good in both settings, as seen by DRG/MKP/Polt/tons of Koreans placing super high in both.

Though that might be because they just have to slay terrible foreigners in GSL. So actually I don't know at all.

WoW is amazing.

Period.

Cataclysm was quite boring, and MoP won't be much different. I liked the Pandaran area while playing the beta, but once you finish it you're back to the same old game. Same boring quests, same repetitive dailies, and the same general sense that your actions have little impact on the world. No wonder subs are cratering, the heart of the game is gone.

Thank god for Guild Wars 2 next month

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Cataclysm was quite boring, and MoP won't be much different. I liked the Pandaran area while playing the beta, but once you finish it you're back to the same old game. Same boring quests, same repetitive dailies, and the same general sense that your actions have little impact on the world. No wonder subs are cratering, the heart of the game is gone.

Thank god for Guild Wars 2 next month

We should start an (SC2)GAF Guild.

Snowman

Eh, I'm not buying that. While it requires endurance maybe, the only difference is the ability to see your opponent days ahead and be able to plan. Top players will do good in both settings, as seen by DRG/MKP/Polt/tons of Koreans placing super high in both.

Though that might be because they just have to slay terrible foreigners in GSL. So actually I don't know at all.

Okay, maybe not completely different but some people are going to be better at planning and practising for a specific opponent than others.

2cgypae.gif

(._.)

Banned

Code S matches actually require the player to have some self discipline and preparation in order to advance. All those weekend events are a very good measure of skill, don't get me wrong. However GSL is Easily the hardest to win. There are a lot of factors as to why some big names do poorly in foreign events. Traveling isn't always easy on everybody. Many Koreans left their country for the first time when they went to MLG. Also most of the time top GSL players make it very deep into foreign tournaments + win. Look at the last several MLGs.... It's rare when they get knocked out by B- EG players that aren't the Koreans.

(._.)

Banned
ughh lost a game in a stupid way... guy snuck expansions and went mass banshee.

can a master Protoss look over a couple replays of my PvT so stupid shit like that doesn't happen again?

(._.)

Banned
So is it even safe to say SC2 is well established in Korea if pro teams are dropping/merging every couple months?

(._.)

Banned
I just hope in a couple years SC2 actually has like 6-8 well funded prestigious Korean teams. Not counting anything Kespa.

Sliver

I just hope in a couple years SC2 actually has like 6-8 well funded prestigious Korean teams. Not counting anything Kespa.

Well...

Slayers
StarTale
MVP
Prime
FXO
Fnatic (Basically Korean, wouldn't be surprised if it goes the way of FXO in the future)
HoSeo (To a degree...)
TSL (Really improved roster and overcame hardships in the last year)

I know you said prestigious and well funded, which I think applies to all of the above except maybe HoSeo.

Honestly the most interesting thing will be the injection of the Kespa teams from BW. I'm wondering if teams will merge, split up and it's players sold off, or what. It would be nuts to have 16 pro SC2 teams just in Korea.

Top Bottom