• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Zzoram

Go2Kfh.jpg

Other guy leave?

MLG is probably somewhere being like "FUUUUUCK YOU EG!" for getting a star KeSPA player away from the MLG/KeSPA exclusive contract.

The MLG/Kespa deal seems suspect in that regard, that one kespa player (Bougs ?) played at both the GSL semis and the IPL tournament and from the sound of it IPL is in talks with kespa to bring players over, so I'm not sure where the "exclusive" part comes in.

Either HerO or Taeja is going to win NASL S4, whichever one of them beats the other.

Hyun is gonna patchzerg all over their face.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
The MLG/Kespa deal seems suspect in that regard, that one kespa player (Bougs ?) played at both the GSL semis and the IPL tournament and from the sound of it IPL is in talks with kespa to bring players over, so I'm not sure where the "exclusive" part comes in.

Maybe GSL supercedes it or something because r4 gsl players got automatic seed into IPL5. Dunno though

Other guy leave?

Just a reddit image of the new victory screen

Jezbollah

Hi all, sorry for the newbie question: If I wanted to subscribe to the upcoming SK Planet ProLeague, where would I need to go?

Thanks in advance :)

Dan

Deadman

I hope sirscoots isnt leaving eg next year, they once again show they are the only team who know what they are doing.

Jaedong on a foreign team, imagine that 3 years ago.

Zen

Banned
Well Zerg is still op bullshit that's impossible t balance thanks to injects, the patch could only do so much

/playing WoL

https://twitter.com/MLGLee/status/276069676562386945

MLG has clearly swooped in and stole OGNs shit. They'll probably broadcast from replays during "American" hours. Shit fucking sucks though I don't really care about Proleague because SC2 is lames.

This situation is hilarious.

MLG in a couple of months manged to out muscle the first(?) and longest running esports dedicated tv channel in the world. Kespa can't say no to dat green paypuh.

Mairu

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
the counterpoint here is that like any stargate build; the zerg could have been maxed when toss kills that mineral line.
B-b-b-but mothership core

I don't have numbers but I feel pretty confident in declaring that OGN's first SC2 league didn't do particularly well with the foreigner market. The English casting was average and the viewer numbers never seemed that big.

EG/TL's entry into Pro League is a huge enough deal to greatly increase interest in the matches, perhaps even garner US/EU specific stream advertising. And Kespa decides to fuck all that up? How stupid is that.

Now MLG or whoever will reap the reward, instead of Korean companies getting to see first hand how large the foreigner market can be, and how much money it can provide them.

Deadman

Guy on reddit did a poll to see which casters and players are liked the most

For casters the percentage indicates how many voted "positive"

Casters

Artosis 95%
Apollo 94%
Grubby 91%
Tasteless 79%
RotterdaM 76%
Khaldor 75%
Sheth 74%
Day[9] 73%
TotalBiscuit 70%
MrBitter 69%
Legend 67%
Adebisi 65%
Wolf 64%
2GD 61%
Husky 60%
Kevin Knocke 55%
Axslav 54%
iNcontroL 53%
Kaelaris 51%
DJWheat 50%
ItmeJP 47%

For players its who was rated "favourite"

Players

Grubby 48%
Flash 40%
MC 38%
Mvp 37%
MarineKing 35%
DongRaeGu 32%
HerO 32%
White-Ra 32%
Naniwa 31%
Stephano 31%
TLO 31%
NesTea 30%
Polt 29%
Bomber 28%
ThorZaIN 27%
TaeJa 26%

Dat grubby.

List of all players with more positive than negative

Ganzi, qxc, DeMusliM, IdrA, HuK, Stephano, Suppy, ThorZaIN, Leenock, MaNa, MC, MMA, Nerchio, Scarlett, HerO, Sheth, Taeja, TLO, Mvp, NesTea, Flash, DongRaeGu, MarineKing, Creator, Rain, Bomber, Life, Parting, Squirtle, Polt, Grubby, Naniwa, Lucifron(But not Vortix!), White-Ra, Violet, Ryung, and Crank.

Most hated players

Destiny(42%)
iNcontroL(37%)
CombatEX(40%)

Honourable mention to NonY, who got 23% negative(but still had a decent score).

Nice to see the community almost exactly matches my own tier list for casters.

Keikaku

Got this from Reddit-it's the SC2 remake of the maps Arkanoid from BW, done by KESPA. The rocks disappear after 15 mins or so.

It's an island map and it's going to be hilarious. I don't think it'll be good, but it should be funny.

zargle

Thoughts on the rest of the maps?
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2012-2013_Proleague#Map_Pool

Not a fan of Bifrost, at least right now; third is too far away imo. I'd prefer more maps with somewhat easily accessible thirds - not because I'm a zerg lol, but because I want as many games as possible to move away from the two base nonsense.

Bifrost to me looks as if they took belshir and moved the mains to the sides. Are the naturals the ones above the markings? Not a fan of naturals like that.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Rate my teamu for TL: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=386580

Main Team
3 -
Zicon_small.png
Crazy-Hydra
6 -
Ticon_small.png
Fantasy
3 -
Zicon_small.png
Hydra
2 -
Ticon_small.png
Sea (captain)
6 -
Picon_small.png
Stork
4 -
Zicon_small.png
ZerO
6 - Team EG.TL

Anti Team
6 -
Picon_small.png
Best
3 -
Ticon_small.png
hOn_sin
4 -
Ticon_small.png
sKyHigh

Got this from Reddit-it's the SC2 remake of the maps Arkanoid from BW, done by KESPA. The rocks disappear after 15 mins or so.

It's an island map and it's going to be hilarious. I don't think it'll be good, but it should be funny.
HAHAHA OH WOW

Going to be map snipers galore on this, should be fun.

Should be good times, troll maps are always fun to watch. I can't imagine playing on it seriously though.

Keikaku

About those new Proleague maps . . . did anyone else notice that only one of them (CalDeum) has Xel'Naga Watchtowers? The rest will require extensive scouting.

That's probably the only aspect of them that I like, if only because it should set up some crazy proxy shenanigans and hidden bases and the like. Otherwise, they seem pretty bad to me-they look like GSL/MLG maps from last year.

CalDeum is probably the best out of the lot, and I'm interested to see what sort of no-mans'land situations will develop in that vast middle area.

Arkanoid

Bifrost is very cool aesthetically, but it looks like it's some unholy mixture of Crossfire and Jungle Basin.

PlanetS looks fine except for those Gold bases in the center. I can't imagine anyone holding them unless they're way far ahead.

and my team

Keikaku Means Plan

Main Team
3 -
Zicon_small.png
Crazy-Hydra
6 -
Ticon_small.png
Fantasy
7 -
Picon_small.png
HerO (captain)