• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

(._.)

Banned
The Korean version voices sound super manly. Too bad they don't use those voices for tournaments so we can hear the superior voices.

Korean voices sound great too. I actually can't say if the same applies to Terran in the Chinese version but I love the Protoss voices the most in the it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJvaUDmqNng
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoFUlWkGAqg (favorite)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpP8c96OrEY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQNcNN-QBPc

Deadman

ibbOG.jpg

Sea must really hate SC2. I wonder if he experimented with HOTS? I don't think it'll balance the game but it'll get us closer

his mech game against Naniwa was amazing

Striek

Sea was the most entertaining Korean streamer by a country mile. Pretty surprising. I didn't think he would ever accomplish big things, but enthusiasm is one thing he never seemed to lack.

And GSL really needs to improve their value, SPL was the first SC2 sub I bought in like a year. $5 for ages of content. GSL prices are fucking stupidly expensive. $75 for only Code A/Code S year of single stream, medium quality with ads? Fucking lol.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
so why is MC and MKP spending so much time together lately? anyone know?

Sea was the most entertaining Korean streamer by a country mile. Pretty surprising. I didn't think he would ever accomplish big things, but enthusiasm is one thing he never seemed to lack.

And GSL really needs to improve their value, SPL was the first SC2 sub I bought in like a year. $5 for ages of content. GSL prices are fucking stupidly expensive. $75 for only Code A/Code S year of single stream, medium quality with ads? Fucking lol.

How about giving the same content, but we charge you $5 more, sounds about right for GSL.

How about giving the same content, but we charge you $5 more, sounds about right for GSL.
I'd definitely love a $10 sub as well. I didn't pay for S5 this, nor did I watch it outside of the final matches during IPL; nor am I paying for Blizz Cup. I realize they make their money by hosting events, but having back-to-back tournaments makes it feel like a joke to me; what's the point of being the champion for a couple weeks before the next tournament.

Plus nearly every winner bombs out of the next one because he was (rightfully) celebrating instead of practicing. In a perfect world there would be like 4 GSL seasons a year, well spaced out (spring, summer, fall, winter). OSLs, Proleague, GSTL, etc could make up the rest of the time. Plus maybe some smaller scale PC bang tournaments to help get fans involved

Samsung and thier player Shine completely fucked me over so fucking hard. I just traded shine for S2 Can't trade Samsung unless I want team 8, what a joke T.T

I'm considering flipping fantasy for another terran week 2.

Mairu

I'd definitely love a $10 sub as well. I didn't pay for S5 this, nor did I watch it outside of the final matches during IPL; nor am I paying for Blizz Cup. I realize they make their money by hosting events, but having back-to-back tournaments makes it feel like a joke to me; what's the point of being the champion for a couple weeks before the next tournament.

Plus nearly every winner bombs out of the next one because he was (rightfully) celebrating instead of practicing. In a perfect world there would be like 4 GSL seasons a year, well spaced out (spring, summer, fall, winter). OSLs, Proleague, GSTL, etc could make up the rest of the time. Plus maybe some smaller scale PC bang tournaments to help get fans involved

For the 2013 GSL Tour, there will be four regular GSL seasons with Code S staying exactly the same and Code A/Up and Down matches getting slight changes that will be announced soon.

:p

For the 2013 GSL Tour, there will be four regular GSL seasons with Code S staying exactly the same and Code A/Up and Down matches getting slight changes that will be announced soon.

:p

Then why did they increase the price $5 more if it's going to be exactly the same (only less frequent) ?

Mairu

Then why did they increase the price $5 more if it's going to be exactly the same (only less frequent) ?

Inflation? The addition of the EHQ stream adding to server demands? The new presence of a flash stream requiring more technology expenses? I don't know dude

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I don't know what's going on in my brain lately... I think I'm giving up on FoxeR... I just don't think we are meant together :(

profit

Ugh, just pulled a Yoshi on my keyboard and now my spacebar is busted -_-.
I really should not play this game when I'm so tired but I cant help it I just want to improve but my schedule just wont let me....

giri

You think $75 is expensive for about 600 hours of content? I sure hope you never do the math on Movie returns...

Reality is, $75 isn't much at all, and the GSL produce a lot of quality programming. You can hate on the game and its balance and all that, but the content they produce is well produced, in a good format, and there's a lot of it.

And you're roughly paying about 12.5cents per hour.

They announced changes to that affect during IPL.

Inflation? The addition of the EHQ stream adding to server demands? The new presence of a flash stream requiring more technology expenses? I don't know dude

The EHQ thing would have been my guess. But it's $5. over 12 months.

I'm more interested to see if they make an Android App.

Mairu

You think $75 is expensive for about 600 hours of content? I sure hope you never do the math on Movie returns...

Reality is, $75 isn't much at all, and the GSL produce a lot of quality programming. You can hate on the game and its balance and all that, but the content they produce is well produced, in a good format, and there's a lot of it.

They announced changes to that affect during IPL.

The EHQ thing would have been my guess. But it's $5. over 12 months.

I'm more interested to see if they make an Android App.

I'm okay with it. I didn't watch much this year compared to last (due to graduating & getting a job, yay!) but I still paid ahead for next year. The 'value' compared to the new Proleague ticket, which I also bought, is kind of wack- but I understand that GOMTV makes their money in a very different way from IEG/Kespa/etc

Holden

HOTS patch

Terran

Medivac
The Caduceus Reactor upgrade now requires a Fusion Core before research can begin.

Widow Mine
Sentinel Missiles
Primary target damage reduced from 160 to 125.

Protoss

Stalker
Blink
Research time increased from 140 to 170 seconds.

Zerg

Infestor
Fungal Growth
Range increased from 8 to 10.
Missile speed increased from 10 to 15.
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7415462759

lol what patch?

widow mine doesn't one shot a bunch of stuff now

Yoshichan

Isn't the range 9 in WoL? 10 is absolutely retarded, and 15 speed is god damn near instant.

Blizzard can eat my shoe.

giri

I'm okay with it. I didn't watch much this year compared to last (due to graduating & getting a job, yay!) but I still paid ahead for next year. The 'value' compared to the new Proleague ticket, which I also bought, is kind of wack- but I understand that GOMTV makes their money in a very different way from IEG/Kespa/etc

The quality of the pro league stuff i saw was also really low.

Don't know if thats normal or not with them not having all their english caster stuff sorted, but it was pretty terrible.

Also, requires fusion core?

10 range?

Sigh.

Deadman

I see in to the future and its fungal with the range of siege tanks and the speed of light.

Edit: btw i kid around but this patch is awful.

Mairu

The quality of the pro league stuff i saw was also really low.

Don't know if thats normal or not with them not having all their english caster stuff sorted, but it was pretty terrible.

Also, requires fusion core?

10 range?

Sigh.

It's still $5 for ~8 months of content and I expect the English stream to improve with time

Mr Swine

Banned
Good grief blizzard, WM where useless in mid/late game and now you make them even more useless??? Now they aren't even good early game since they won't one shot stalkers or roaches :/

And fungal, Jesus it's going to be impossible to win as Terran now :/ I guess zeros win this one

Striek

Blizzard were just saying they were happy for the infestor to be made somewhat obsolescent in HoTS :| What an about turn!

Pretty large blink nerf, what changed its effectiveness in HoTS that much?

I know right. If I go to a theatre its like $15/hr here with how expensive tickets and popcorn are. But GSL is still like twice as expensive than my returns on CoD4 where I got like 6 cents/hr!11!

See how silly it is to justify costs that way? Not all content is worth the same value. Not all time is as valuable.

It would be generous to say that there is ~240hrs of Code S a year. Most of code A has no value to me. It also costs GOM a shitload less to produce since theres a much smaller prize-pool and they no doubt pay the B-casters a ton less.

The $75 ticket doesn't even have "enhanced" high-quality either. Its $110 to get mere 720p. Its more expensive/hr than most SC2 content. And thats not necessarily bad, Code S is an all-live LAN played at a great hour for me (Aus) with great casters that could justify a small premium, but its competing against other quality events that cost far less or are even free (like Dreamhack).

Deadman

Blizzard were just saying they were happy for the infestor to be made somewhat obsolescent in HoTS :| What an about turn!

Pretty large blink nerf, what changed its effectiveness in HoTS that much?

Ive seen people say the mothership core being able to give high ground vision removes the need for an observer, so you can attack faster and without wasting money on robo. Im not sure if thats blizzards reason though.

giri

See how silly it is to justify costs that way? Not all content is worth the same value. Not all time is as valuable.

It would be generous to say that there is ~240hrs of Code S a year. Most of code A has no value to me. It also costs GOM a shitload less to produce since theres a much smaller prize-pool and they no doubt pay the B-casters a ton less.

The $75 ticket doesn't even have "enhanced" high-quality either. Its $110 to get mere 720p. Its more expensive/hr than most SC2 content. And thats not necessarily bad, Code S is an all-live LAN played at a great hour for me (Aus) with great casters that could justify a small premium, but its competing against other quality events that cost far less or are even free (like Dreamhack).
I'ts not silly at all actually, but it is all relative. Complaining about a $75 price for 240 hours of entertainment is just inane.

I live in AU and watch just about all Code S games, and some Code A. I pay for premium+. It's the best bang for buck entertainment since WoW.

There is competition that it's up against, that are doing it for free, or less. But none are produced as well, and none have the same caliber of players.

$5 for proleague is nutso cheap, but thanks to the broadcast being sub-amateur in quality, i have little interest in wasting time on my weekend watching it. That may just be initial teething problems for them. But it's still bad enough i'm not even going to give them $5.

And this may be the controversial part, at some point if people don't put money into the community, it is going to fade overall and die away. Thats not saying you should be spending thousands on it. But $150 for 720 or was it 1080 quality streams with no ads for ~240 hours entertainment spread over a year? so ~$12 a month... i struggle to see how people justify complaining about it. You are legitimately getting good value return for your $.

Vaporak

apparently it was balance for ZvZ , cause muta vs muta was a problem... lol WHAT

Damn ZvZ ruining it for the rest of us. Infestor+roach makes that matchup boring as shit to watch after the early game. Just imagine if Ling/Bling/Muta or Ling/Bling/Hydra were the standard mobile compositions with swarm host used for sieging. That would be damn fun to watch imo. But no, Blizzard just doesn't want to give up on the Infestor. >.>

Paches

I wonder how many keyboards JD has gone through. Sounds like he is molesting it (and no, not just the mechanical clickys).

Top Bottom