• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT5| Killing #ESPORTS

Son1x

I guess Blizzard doesn't want to me play as a zerg or against one.

In my last 50 1v1 games, I've played against 1 zerg. And out of last 20 games as random, I got zerg twice. Hmm, maybe I should switch to zerg, at least I won't be playing ZvZ often.

J2d

It is, I would have hoped that they'd fix it by now but if it's still like this on the third day then I don't expect it to ever get fine. Probably only good for the interviews =/

I'm watching it now. I was watching gumiho playing HOTS, it was pretty funny seeing him change thor forms and scrolling over it's damage to see how it works lol.

A protoss has to be mentally retarded to lose to mech.

I'm gonna go on a limb here and say you're gold league or less.

It's either that or you're watching the best of the best use mech and not have a single inkling of the metagame.

I'm not saying mech is standard or anything but seriously it's been proven to be viable because of current matchup tendencies.

Im trying to watch but the stream seems really laggy

Yeah something is wrong with their stream.

I'm gonna go on a limb here and say you're gold league or less.

It's either that or you're watching the best of the best use mech and not have a single inkling of the metagame.

I'm not saying mech is standard or anything but seriously it's been proven to be viable because of current matchup tendencies.

Of course I'm talking about the pro scene, who gives a shit about b.net ladder.

In that particular game ? yes.

You made a broad statement earlier, might wanna tone it down when you're only talking about a single game.

Most of the time mech wins because of a few reasons. Terran gets a huge advantage early and it doesn't matter what composition he goes from there, denial of scouting, lack of scouting, or they just simply lack experience vs good mech.

It's a completely viable build, it's just much harder to do compared to bio.

You made a broad statement earlier, might wanna tone it down when you're only talking about a single game.

Not really, I was making a comment based on the "pro" game I was watching, you took it personal, not my problem.

It's a completely viable build, it's just much harder to do compared to bio.

If the Terran has to secure a "huge advantage early game" to make the strat work, then no, its not really viable.... ever.

Not really, I was making a comment based on the "pro" game I was watching, you took it personal, not my problem.
Yes really, "A protoss have to be mentally retarded to lose to mech." Your words not mine.
It's not really personal, what you're saying is wrong and I'm giving you reasons why.

If the Terran has to secure a "huge advantage early game" to make the strat work, then no, its not really viable.... ever.

The huge advantage earlygame is only one of the possible reasons I stated for being possible thight someone might go mech. Not a critique on why it's good or bad.

Go watch Sea Vs Genius EGMC if you want to see some good mech.

Now why don't you tell me why it's bad and why protoss are retarded?

Zzoram

HSC VI has been great.

MC/MKP/Reis casting Stephano vs BabyKnight

"ZvP, Terran winning" [after Infested Terrans popped]

"I cast with Dimaga, MKP so stupid" [MC says in Game 3 BabyKnight vs Stephano PvZ]

Yes really, "A protoss have to be mentally retarded to lose to mech." Your words not mine.
It's not really personal, what you're saying is wrong and I'm giving you reasons why.

The huge advantage earlygame is only one of the possible reasons I stated for being possible thight someone might go mech. Not a critique on why it's good or bad.

Go watch Sea Vs Genius EGMC if you want to see some good mech.

Now why don't you tell me why it's bad and why protoss are retarded?

It's really nice that you list the 1 game per month a mech wins, I guess it's totally "viable" now.

As to why, how about every single thing a toss could make counter tanks pretty hard ? chargelots/blink/immortal/colossi/voids... etc

How about you list me all the games a terran on equal terms went to mech early and won, here I'll give you 2 to start with, Sea vs Naniwa and Sea vs Genius (which I haven't watched) have fun.

Zzoram

MMA lost to Xlord but is up 1-0 vs BabyKnight so far. If he beats BabyKnight he has to play the loser of Xlord vs Stephano to get out of the group.

It's really nice that you list the 1 game per month a mech wins, I guess it's totally "viable" now.

As to why, how about every single thing a toss could make counter tanks pretty hard ? chargelots/blink/immortal/colossi/voids... etc

How about you list me all the games a terran on equal terms went to mech early and won, here I'll give you 2 to start with, Sea vs Naniwa and Sea vs Genius (which I haven't watched) have fun.

You do know you're talking to a Protoss player right? Our conversation isn't about what Protoss can do to beat mech. It's about why mech is bad and why protoss are retarded? You can stop changing the subject now.

I've personally beat my fair share of mech, but it's definately viable. I quoted that single game as reference to show you it obviously is possible to play mech. I also gave you several reasons earlier why a Terran would want to go mech.

Please, continue to carry on this conversation with me if you have anything real and constructive to say. Otherwise just please stop.

P.S. Blink isn't very good vs a good mech player.

EDIT: List of players I've seen do mech in tournament games and win TvP

MVP
Goody
Gumiho
A few GSTL games with non A team players.

Like I said earlier It's viable it's just much harder to do compared to bio.

You do know you're talking to a Protoss player right? Our conversation isn't about what Protoss can do to beat mech. It's about why mech is bad and why protoss are retarded? You can stop changing the subject now.

I've personally beat my fair share of mech, but it's definately viable. I quoted that single game as reference to show you it obviously is possible to play mech. I also gave you several reasons earlier why a Terran would want to go mech.

Please, continue to carry on this conversation with me if you have anything real and constructive to say. Otherwise just please stop.

P.S. Blink isn't very good vs a good mech player.

I'm not changing the subject, I said mech is nowhere near close to be viable in the pro scene and a pro protoss player would have to be retarded to lose to it since its fucking garbage.

Now, you either actually list a decent number of games that pros won with mech and I'll gladly shut up or you can have your "real and constructive" theorycraft conversation with yourself.

I'm not changing the subject, I said mech is nowhere near close to be viable in the pro scene and a pro protoss player would have to be retarded to lose to it since its fucking garbage.

Now, you either actually list a decent number of games that pros won with mech and I'll gladly shut up or you can have your "real and constructive" theorycraft conversation with yourself.

I just did. :)

Also no need for bm, I just find it funny when "internet personality's" like you spew opinions like they are facts..

Also if you want to go older for players that meched and won,

scFoU
Jinro
TLO
Brat OK
EDIT: How could I forget motherfucking THORZAIN
Demuslim did it for a short period of time too. Not sure if he ever did it in a tourney match tho.

I just did. :)

Also no need for bm, I just find it funny when kids like you spew opinions like they are facts..

Wait what, you listed three players (and not even games and why they haven't done it again), and one of them is Goody who actually stopped doing mech over a year ago against protoss because he said it's really bad. You know you're wrong because if you even look at the number of pro TvPs and the chances of pure mech popping up are next to zero but suddenly its "viable", I guess all those pros don't know what they missing on.

Yeah, I knew I shouldn't have wasted my time. Oh and calling someone a "kid" over the internet, really tough guy.

Wait what, you listed three players (and not even games and why they haven't done it again), and one of them is Goody who actually stopped doing mech over a year ago against protoss because he said it's really bad. You know you're wrong because if you even look at the number of pro TvPs and the chances of pure mech popping up are next to zero but suddenly its "viable", I guess all those pros don't know what they missing on.

Yeah, I knew I shouldn't have wasted my time. Oh and calling someone a "kid" over the internet, really tough guy.

Like I've repeated every single time, mech is harder than bio. I've told you players that have won tourney matches with mech. That in itself should show you mech is viable.

You seriously want me to find the exact game and the exact set for every matchup ever meched in? I'm sure you already know that is an unreasonable request. Google is your friend.

Please understand that you have no real rebuttal here. I have proven without a doubt that mech is viable and is used in pro play.

Cliffnotes: You're bad and you should feel bad. =/ lol

Like I've repeated every single time, mech is harder than bio. I've told you players that have won tourney matches with mech. That in itself should show you mech is viable.

You seriously want me to find the exact game and the exact set for every matchup ever meched in? I'm sure you already know that is an unreasonable request. Google is your friend.

Please understand that you have no real rebuttal here. I have proven without a doubt that mech is viable and is used in pro play.

Cliffnotes: You're bad and you should feel bad. =/ lol

You haven't proven shit

Listing a handful of games that don't even represent %1 of Terran's win rate in TvP and then declaring its viable is pretty hilarious, mech in TvZ that's viable, mech in TvT that's viable but having a list that amount to 1 won game per month amongst hundreds or thousands of games since the release doesn't prove anything.

and keep going with the personal insults, you probably need to practice that to help you in your life.

Deadman

Stephano apparently beat mma with hydras, not sure if godlike or a sign of how far mma has fallen. Perhaps both. Will have to watch the vod.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You haven't proven shit

Listing a handful of games that don't even represent %1 of Terran's win rate in TvP and then declaring its viable is pretty hilarious, mech in TvZ that's viable, mech in TvT that's viable but having a list that amount to 1 won game per month amongst hundreds or thousands of games since the release doesn't prove anything.

The fact that not many pros go mech at the top level doesn't necessarily mean it's not viable. We have seen quite a few situations in the past where a strategy just doesn't get used until one player starts abusing it and showing how powerful it is.

I'm not saying i agree with him either.

You haven't proven shit

and keep going with the personal insults, you probably need to practice that to help you in your life.

Like I said earlier, you have no real argument. I've proven mech is viable in pro play with facts.

It's not an opinion.

Deadly

Anyone watch HSC? What's the drama that happened? EG guy says they aren't sending anymore players if there aren't any admins.

Top Bottom